User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I don't know if I'm a hipster or not, and it really doesn't matter to me, because I'm not here to impress you.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    P.S. I have no idea where you got those pics for ironic/inauthentic but they're absolutely terrible, I don't relate to those people, and if that's what people are complaining about, go ahead and let them.
    Well, you're relating to one now. One of those people is DJ Paypal, the other is Fatima al Qadiri, and they're both really cool people. Fatima's music can really be seen as a critique of materialism and "badass" pro-war attitude. I would suggest checking out her EP, Desert Strike and the story behind it.

The style is part glamorization and part critique of materialism and losing personality through technology. Here's a good two-part read on some of it (although nobody calls any of that stuff "Distroid", they just made that name up).
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist. -Ayn Rand[/SIZE]
    Ayn Rand does not understand anything about creativity or the arts. Her position is similar to the totalitarian regimes concept of the function of the arts.

I agree that hipsters can be annoying, but they are definitely conformists. No one can conform to everything,

Edit: Just read the thread drama, and am not trying to perpetuate it. I almost deleted this post, but see people are already reading it. There are isolated ideas of Ayn Rand that sound rational, but I don't agree with her premises and the basic concepts underlying her ideas. I am comfortable concluding she doesn't understand the arts.

Edit 2: It's also possible that my husband and I are hipsters, but we are naturey and technologically driven to the exclusion of most else, but it would be hilarious if we actually fit the category.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't know if I'm a hipster or not, and it really doesn't matter to me, because I'm not here to impress you.
    You impress me, dear prplchknz, when you express yourself.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Bicycles are stupid because it's every American's patriotic duty to drive to the mailbox on the corner instead of walking. That's why we whooped the Russians in WWII.

Rather than simply walking places that are within a 15 minute walking distance, it's better to make up for the lack of exercise by trying whatever inane diet is the flavor of the month.

Disclaimer:

I'm sure you've already heard of what the word "walkability" means?
    And indeed, not walking at least one mile a day is the major reason behind the obesity pandemics. That, and the fact the Western world eats too much, and too much junk food.
    Unfortunately, there's lot of scientific litterature to assert those points.

For instance, if this subject interests you:

"A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Marmotini, I guess I'm a pretty easygoing E4, then, because I don't care if a zillion people are around me wearing what I like to wear. In fact, it's kind of nice because these days it's less awkward to go out in certain hats than it was in high school, and much easier to communicate with aesthetics in a creative back-and-forth way with others who have a similar approach. It's nice that the style has a name, too, because names make stuff easier to talk about. But most of all, what I care about is that I'm expressing what I value, whether it's in clothes, transportation, or any other preferences. If what I do is unique, cool. If it's common or a current trend, cool. In both cases, what matters is that my version still came from me.

No violation of uniqueness here!
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default because I am so ▲

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    All the triangles. What could they mean??

Conspiratorial Dan Brown book idea: Pyramids of Irony.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    All the triangles. What could they mean??
    There is no denying that it's hip to be

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I'm sure you've already heard of what the word "walkability" means?
    I walked last night to the movies and saw, "Broken", but as I walked back I passed many expensive motor cars like BMWs, Lamborghinis and Mercedes Benz.

At first I wanted to own one myself, but then as I walked in the crisp night air, I realised I was car-free.

And being car-free has inflected my soul.

I tried to rationalise it by saying if I owned a Lamborghini, 95% of the time it would sit there depreciating. But then I realised that a Lamborghini would not only cost me money, but it would cost me something deeper.

It's hard to describe but it would limit my perceptions, it would offer me comfort as it offered me loneliness. It would offer me status rather than independence. And it would make me sit rather than walk. And I would be limited to the highways, rather than the byways and lowways of the parks and gardens and the hidden paths.

As I walk, I watch the faces of those who pass me. The unhappiest are drivers. The next unhappy are joggers. The next unhappy are cyclists. But the happiest of all are walkers.
    Last edited by Mole; 05-26-2013 at 12:31 AM.