User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default 18 year old girl expelled for having same sex relationship with a 15 year old.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1348422

Basically:
    - 18 year old was in same social circle (played basketball) as this 15 year old girl in a conservative Florida state.
    - They get busted.
    - 18 year old got arrested and is facing charges that *could* include 15 years of prison and registering as a sex offender, but will probably include house arrest and probation. She's currently expelled from school.
    - Parents and 18 year old are all sad-faced and saying they're being prosecuted for the same sex thing.

I can't help but think of all the guys out there that got their whole senior years ruined because they made this same dumb mistake.. only no one really cared what happened to them. It was just another horny dude that couldn't keep it in his pants.

While I don't think they'll prosecute her for 15 years of prison, if they make her register as a sex offender then that's what she'll have to do. There are plenty of dudes that have to do it because the parents were upset even though the girls were 'giving consent' and it's perfectly legal for the parents to call on them.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm almost positive that there were conservative dudes out there totally pissed off that this hot young lady was getting it on with a probably on-her-way-to-being-hot young lady. But really, the mother says something along the lines of:

“Does my daughter deserve to lose her life for 15 years, or 3 years, or to have no life, because of one choice she made in high school, absolutely not!!”
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1348422

Basically:
    - 18 year old was in same social circle (played basketball) as this 15 year old girl in a conservative Florida state.
    - They get busted.
    - 18 year old got arrested and is facing charges that *could* include 15 years of prison and registering as a sex offender, but will probably include house arrest and probation. She's currently expelled from school.
    - Parents and 18 year old are all sad-faced and saying they're being prosecuted for the same sex thing.

I can't help but think of all the guys out there that got their whole senior years ruined because they made this same dumb mistake.. only no one really cared what happened to them. It was just another horny dude that couldn't keep it in his pants.

While I don't think they'll prosecute her for 15 years of prison, if they make her register as a sex offender then that's what she'll have to do. There are plenty of dudes that have to do it because the parents were upset even though the girls were 'giving consent' and it's perfectly legal for the parents to call on them.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm almost positive that there were conservative dudes out there totally pissed off that this hot young lady was getting it on with a probably on-her-way-to-being-hot young lady. But really, the mother says something along the lines of:

Yeah I don't get it. The older girl should be punished just like a guy would. I don't see how it's less damaging or predatory just because they are both women. I sounds like the parents are just trying to make excuses.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That was exactly what I thought when I read this article.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I find it funny how many consider a 15 year old and 18 year old having sex a bigger deal than someone robbing a gas station. the former loses you all your job prospects and brands you a creepy sexual deviant while the latter just gets you thrown in jail for a few years.
    if you ask me, there's nothing wrong with a 15 year old and an 18 year old having sex to begin with. it's not like consenting sex (with someone only 3 year older than you) is some traumatic experience that's going to scar you for life. priorities people. good grief!
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I would not be happy if an 18 year old was getting up with any of my kids when they were/are 15, regardless of the gender of the 18 y/o or my kid. And if one of my kids was considering getting with a 15 y/o when they were/are 18, I'd warn them against it most strongly because that child would be jail bait and also because they would be bringing shame on their family.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I read the actual article rather than just speculating, it sounds like the "18 year old" and the "15 year old" were actually involved before the 18 year old turned 18. They were actually a thing. And the parents of the 15 year old seemed accepting.

Then the girl turned 18, and after a few months, suddenly the parents of the 15 year old flipped a switch and pressed charges and the issue enough to get this girl thrown out of school shortly before graduation. Nice. As my portion of speculating, it certainly sounds as if the parents did not approve, then realized they could use the law to end things.

Hunt-Smith wrote that the girls had started dating at the beginning of the school year, and that their "mutual consenting relationship" had been known to both parents for months prior to the arrest.
    So fine. Technically they're breaking the law, but seriously? I mean, what does this mean -- that as soon as a kid turns 18 in high school, he or she has to break up with their SO because now they can be accused of sexual assault, regardless of how long they've been dating? My own son just turned 18 and he's dating a 16 year old; I better advise him one more time, to either break up with her or make sure they DON'T do anything physical.

It sounds to me more like the parents of the 15 year old are exploiting the law to screw over their daughter's girlfriend because they don't approve of the relationship. And the law in this case seems very easily exploitable, it's in that "weird space" where it's not like a new adult is looking for younger people to prey on, it's a continuing relationship where someone turned 18 and what was okay on Tuesday now can go on your permanent record as of Wednesday. I understand the reasons for the law, but that just is kind of crazy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I would not be happy if an 18 year old was getting up with any of my kids when they were/are 15, regardless of the gender of the 18 y/o or my kid. And if one of my kids was considering getting with a 15 y/o when they were/are 18, I'd warn them against it most strongly because that child would be jail bait and also because they would be bringing shame on their family.
    Pretty much this.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, and now Anonymous is getting involved -- the hacker group that exposed the football teens who molested/raped the younger girl within the last year in Ohio (?) and passed pictures via cell phone.

What a circus.

Internet activist group Anonymous launched #OpJustice4Kaitlyn on May 19, releasing a statement addressed to the Indian River County State Attorney's Office that reads in part:

"Kaitlyn Hunt is a bright young girl who was involved in a consensual, same-sex relationship while both she and her partner were minors. She has a big future ahead of her and there are people, thousands of people in fact, that have no intention of allowing you to ruin it with your rotten selective enforcement."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Jenna Marbles is a lesbian?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um what. This is insane. I don't think boys should be prosecuted either. I am a fan of the "three year rule" I don't know if its only active in some states, but it means if you've reached the age of consent and your partner is no more than three years older then it's still legal.

They're both still in high school, amirite?

I would be like "Oh yeah she's 23 and that girl is only 15." Or "Oh yeah she's 18 and that girl is only 13." Then okay, sure. Prosecute.

I didn't even know that 18 year olds could get in trouble for being with 15 year olds. Also the part about her being 17 at the beginning of the relationship seems like there's actually less than three years between them.

Not exactly Lolita.

People are dumb, I can't believe they'd try to ruin any 18 year olds life over something like this.