User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Yeah I don't get it. The older girl should be punished just like a guy would. I don't see how it's less damaging or predatory just because they are both women. I sounds like the parents are just trying to make excuses.
    Punished for what? Can't you count? 18- 15 = 3 ! They were in the same age group, measure it by any standard.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Punished for what? Can't you count? 18- 15 = 3 ! They were in the same age group, measure it by any standard.
    What are basing your age groups on? Arbitrary whim?

They're are other laws that limit 15 years from driving, smoking and voting which 18years are legally allowed to do. There is clear divide developmentally and legally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

cafe also said it came out that the younger girl was actually 14, not 15. And it looks like she was right.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...attorney-says/

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WTSP, Kaitlyn and her girlfriend began dating in November 2012. The victim reportedly told police they began a sexual relationship and according to the report, the victim was 14 and Kaitlyn was 18.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

http://southfloridagaynews.com/artic...ing-gay/122223

“Number one, people have said they formed this relationship as juveniles. The defendant stated they became friends after she turned 18 [August 2012]. They started a sexual relationship in December 2012, at the time the victim was 14,” he explained. Colton said some reports identified Kate as 17-years-old and C.S. as 15-years-old. “That wasn’t accurate. This was an 18-year-old and 14-year-old.”
    Apparently Kate's family disagrees, though, and both sides have a vested interest in maintaining the perception that suits them.

In the same article are the following quotes (emphasis mine):

South Florida criminal defense attorney Alvin Entin believes there’s more going on in this case than the police and state attorney just doing their job.

“This is just wrong,” Entin said. “Everyone should pressure the state attorney into leaving this girl alone. They’re just trying to placate the parents of the younger girl. If this were a male and female this wouldn’t be happening. This is anti-gay thing.”
    I find this to be an absolutely crazy assertion.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm sorry, I haven't kept up with the thread, but I just found a PDF with the official affadavit, so I thought I'd toss it in here. There's been so much confusion (even on my part) about the facts and the ages at various points in time, so here's this if no one else has seen it yet.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/wp-conten...t-redacted.pdf

For one, the affadavit clearly shows that she was 18 when the two started dating, and that the younger girl was 14.

Yes, the 14 year old was a willing participant, but that's the kind of situation the law was created to cover.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I actually had this happen to me when I was 13. You could say I was a willing participant, or you could say I had no idea about anything and just sort of did what was suggested, because that's what I was conditioned to do, as a child. I don't advocate this experience for any 13-14 year old. The divide between 14 and 18 is huge.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The 18-year-old rejected a plea deal made by the prosecutor's office.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Florida...i/-/index.html

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    The 18-year-old rejected a plea deal made by the prosecutor's office.
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/Florida...i/-/index.html
    That was a really dumb move if this is true:

The plea deal from the Indian River County prosecutor's office would have required Hunt to plead no contest to child abuse, spend two years "on community control," which usually involves strict supervision, followed by one year of probation.

"The office of State Attorney Bruce Colton said it tendered an "extremely lenient plea offer in this case which would have ensured that the defendant avoided any term of incarceration and the stigma of being labeled a sex offender.

"In fact, in all probability the defendant would have avoided being a convicted felon," the statement continued. Colton will prepare for a mid-July trial.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    What are basing your age groups on? Arbitrary whim?

They're are other laws that limit 15 years from driving, smoking and voting which 18years are legally allowed to do. There is clear divide developmentally and legally.
    It is not two age groups. It is one age group: Teen-ager.

The legal divider is false, inaccurate and of recent origin.
    The politicians invented it only to get the minors' votes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Minors can't vote.
    @cafe: I agree. I don't see how she'll avoid a conviction at this point. This will follow her the rest of her life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft