First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You can't change sex. It's something so innate and so private and so childlike and divorced from the showy superego that it's simply not possible to rage against a person's basic sex-partner relationship preference, Lark. Just fucking stop it. It's like telling someone they should like pizza, purple, or Lady Gaga.

They're saying people should have equal rights, not that everyone should be gay.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    what is your question exactly? you seem jealous.

also: there are no homo/heterosexual couples, only couples of the same or different sex (and homo/heterosexual people). or else where would you put the bisexual? bisexual couples? lol
    He's totally jealous of people who fuck without guilt. Who say "oh yeah baby?" and say "yeahhhhh just like that" without worrying about the wrath of the pope.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Is this a thing? I'm sorry for a second there I thought this was going to be something interesting.

Then I realised it was the same old shit. Just legalise it and fuck off.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post

Why stop at giving same-sex marriages a different name from opposite-sex marriages? Let's create new terms for marriages with certain age, race, and name configurations, as well. And let's not stop there, either; let's keep going until we have an entire library full of volumes bursting with names for different types of marriage. Or better yet, every time someone gets married, we could have the priest or judge fill in a blank on a form with a term of his own invention, and this term could be checked against a database of marriage synonyms to ensure that it hasn't already been invented. This would do a great deal to stamp out that nasty homogenization business, at least in the area of marriage. The next thing to deal with would be birth certificates (it's absolutely appalling that countless unique souls have entered this world in so many unique ways, only for it to be said of them all that they were "born.")
    This.

Catholics already do the same when inventing "original" sins - such as putting green jam on a zebra (though I'm sure that's been done).

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't see any sign that any heterosexual is being forced to have sex with someone else of the same sex as them. I only see homosexuals and heterosexuals beings given the same options and thus do not see any good reason for anyone to be bothered by this.

And as for complaining about the government changing the definition of marriage, it is quite simple. If marriage has any relationship to the law at all, the government should have the power to change it. If you don't like that, then you should be satisfied with marriage that has no legal significance or identity of any kind.
    I cant wait for them to follow it with some legislation on gravity.

I dont believe that government should be able to capraciously meddle with whatever it feels like MP and to be honest since I thought you werent an big fan of totalitarianism I'd have suspected you to feel the same way, although given that marriage is one of those fundamental cornerstones of society its not something that government can safely ignore either, and I'd have thought you'd recognise that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    New Zealand is now the 14th country to legislate for same sex marriage.

Here it is interesting that the main opposition to same sex marriage comes from the churches, mosques and synagogues.

In fact the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils have called for a national referendum on same sex marriage, and says only religious people should be able to vote.

And Keysar Trad, the assistant secretary of the Federation of Islamic Councils, said: ''Marriage is a religious union under God, it has always been and should always be. God sets the rules, not Parliament.''

And naturally as this is part of the Islamic project to replace Parliament with Sharia and establish Islamic Supremacy.
    I dont think its an opposition between religious and non-religious but I can see how the non-religious might like to frame it that way, maybe a lot of others would too, I know a lot of people who dont need much more reason to support something than the suspiscion that someone or something they dislike may not support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    As the title of the OP's linked article reads, there certainly has been "Too much time spent on gay marriage." Legislatures should just approve it already and be done with it, so they can move on to things that don't have such a straightforward and obvious solution.
    What do you think will happen then?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You can't change sex. It's something so innate and so private and so childlike and divorced from the showy superego that it's simply not possible to rage against a person's basic sex-partner relationship preference, Lark. Just fucking stop it. It's like telling someone they should like pizza, purple, or Lady Gaga.

They're saying people should have equal rights, not that everyone should be gay.
    Marms on this topic you dont have a fucking clue what I'm saying and you've demonstrated it more than once, you post random stuff intended as response to some anti-gay bogey from your imagination without any effort to understand what I've written or, I'm really beginning to suspect, bothering to read it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    He's totally jealous of people who fuck without guilt. Who say "oh yeah baby?" and say "yeahhhhh just like that" without worrying about the wrath of the pope.
    Yeah, you crossed a line with this and I believe you really ought to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Is this a thing? I'm sorry for a second there I thought this was going to be something interesting.

Then I realised it was the same old shit. Just legalise it and fuck off.
    The lack of thinking in this post reflects a wider unwillingness to think too hard about this topic or any other topic to be honest, its a major, major part of the reason why reading that BBC piece at all bothered me, there's very little thinking goes into any topic at all in reportage or popular discourse, instead its just emoting and more than a little bit of anger at anything threatening to disturb the apathetic stillness.

I'm still uncomfortable with that sort of a mindset and I will be until the day I die, if you're seriously going to give up thinking, seriously just going to go with emoting your way through life, you're as good as dead or some lower order of the animals.