User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default How do you think you'd do as Hand of The King?

Or some similar position of authority like it? One that involves a lot of social politics and wariness of scheming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or some similar position of authority like it? One that involves a lot of social politics and wariness of scheming?
    Very poorly lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'd get my head chopped off in fairly short order. The only thing I have going for me is self-doubt and a low tolerance for risk.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

which hand right or left?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I could see myself going either the Ned Stark route or the Cersei Lannister route (yeah, I know she was never Hand, but similar position of power, etc.) Either way, it wouldn't end well.

Pretty good, Im not bad when it comes to seeing social dangers.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I believe that I'd wind up like Ned Stark too, I think the character of the Lannister Imp is interesting though, he genuinely does mitigate the evil that goes with the game but knows that it takes some evil in order to play the game and to survive it.

Following on from that though, I wonder if that's just an example of corrupted authority or if all authority is like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'd want to be liked, but in order to protect my life and ensure loyalty I'd make myself feared, which in turn would make me somewhat hated.

Kinda like that.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

WALMART

My abilities would be better spent on more direct affairs.

Quite honestly, I would think I would do alright. A public official of the King would be fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    which hand right or left?
    Didn't the right and left had different social connotations? I am trying to find the difference between the right and the left. All I am getting is the right-hand and no mention of a left-hand (other than there isn't really one.. or it tends to be "lower")

From what I remember, the right-hand was always out in the open. A person of public appearance and to make the King look good intentionally (or unintentionally.) The public authority that the public itself sees more often is the people of the right-hand.

The left-hand was often the opposite of the the right-hand, helping the King to scheme things behind the scenes. Helping him to secretly squash rebellion and plots of assassination. Willing to help the King look good just to look good. And willing to put nobles, public officials, and those related to the King(but isn't his offspring) in their places.

Both would refer to the King about the best course of action (sometimes the King will only refer to one.) Sometimes one course of action is better than the other, at times, both actions are necessary. (I think of the right to be the open army while the left to be the hidden army.)

Ahhhh, I'm going on in thought. Basically it is to refer to the right when you want something open but refer to the left if you want a matter hidden. But refer to your most trusted for personal matters (which would probably be the right-hand)