User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    I'd prefer to be the President's Attack Dog.

    I would attack the President's enemies with drones, black sites, assassination, rendition and torture, and I would not draw the line at assassinating citizens.

  2. #12
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I'd prefer to be the President's Attack Dog.

    I would attack the President's enemies with drones, black sites, assassination, rendition and torture, and I would not draw the line at assassinating citizens.

    That's the spirit, 21st century solutions to 21st century problems. I aspire to be the same.

  3. #13
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    From personal year-long experience I can say, working in politics gives you a chronic headache over time.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #14
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    From personal year-long experience I can say, working in politics gives you a chronic headache over time.
    This
    Political environments make me physically sick. It is in part because the communication is layered with double meanings, and I can imagine so many possible meanings that the whole thing becomes way too complex and overwhelming.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  5. #15
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This
    Political environments make me physically sick. It is in part because the communication is layered with double meanings, and I can imagine so many possible meanings that the whole thing becomes way too complex and overwhelming.
    An example: when politicians dont know about stuff and need an expert they call for research and give out money. That sounds great, if there wasnt that slight problem: when they hand out the questions they do hand out the answers as well, so the results do fit into their agendas.

    thats real research isnt it ?! let alone the waste of tax payers money ...
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #16
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    An example: when politicians dont know about stuff and need an expert they call for research and give out money. That sounds great, if there wasnt that slight problem: when they hand out the questions they do hand out the answers as well, so the results do fit into their agendas.

    thats real research isnt it ?! let alone the waste of tax payers money ...
    Agreed. That is exactly why the sciences need to be funded on a regular basis and not in response to a specific political agenda.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  7. #17
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    From personal year-long experience I can say, working in politics gives you a chronic headache over time.
    Well, a King/Emperor does imply being at minimum 2 centuries ago (or we can go even older before railroads and the first muskets.)

    I'd think time and making decisions would be slow, so it wouldn't be as hectic as today. Making decisions to go to war or not would take at least a week to a month.

    In olden times, being in such a position would guarantee a fulfilling lifestyle of a minimum luxury away from peasantry or worse, which is very good for any offspring you may have. That is, as long as a rebellion doesn't take place like in France.

  8. #18
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,472

    Default

    It wouldn't be long before I was poisoned or a puppet for another person. I think I'd like an advisor position better, kinda like that old senile dude, where I can pretend to be harmless and powerless, instead of a well sought after powerful position.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This
    Political environments make me physically sick. It is in part because the communication is layered with double meanings, and I can imagine so many possible meanings that the whole thing becomes way too complex and overwhelming.
    I dont mind that sort of thing, I usually can tell more about people than they know about themselves.

  10. #20
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Well, a King/Emperor does imply being at minimum 2 centuries ago (or we can go even older before railroads and the first muskets.)
    not really but i hope you wont have to figure that out
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. How would you type me as a child?
    By Kiddo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. do you have to be aware of the trends to be a hipster?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 02:41 PM
  3. [ENFJ] How can you see yourself as others see you?
    By Lily flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
  4. [NT] How do Ps survive in the working world?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
  5. How would you feel in this kind of a environment?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO