User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    A while back, the town of Kennesaw, GA required each household to have a gun. The crime rate promptly plummeted. Now, that's not to say the same results would hold on a macro scale. In fact, I'd say it's probably unlikely. But it's interesting. Before attempting a crime, you'd have to consider that your victim is likely armed.
    Charlie Bubber Reeves comes to town!

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    Your suggesting violent crime be equal to any degree one side another to another is deplorable and negligent. Terrible suggestion. Suggesting violent crime-Seriously?

The United States Constitution was founded on the right of freedom for people and by people and of our people. That shall not be infringed. Our country was founded, in part, on these truths. We know what men in power want. Men in power want more power.. We know that men can be tricked.

History teaches many many duplicate examples of man attempting to conquer and do terrible things to people. We know that.

No kidding at all.
    Not really making any sense though either.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Specifically, the Japanese did not deploy ground troops which they knew would have been necessary to take Hawaii and or the mainland. They learned such ground invasions would be stopped by American citizens. That's why they fell short.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    Specifically, the Japanese did not deploy ground troops which they knew would have been necessary to take Hawaii and or the mainland. They learned such ground invasions would be stopped by American citizens. That's why they fell short.
    You're correct that Pearl Harbor doesn't count as an invasion. They never occupied Hawaii, or tried to. They simply attacked the base and destroyed a lot of naval vessels. I think you're off on their motivation, though. Do you have a source for that, or is it just speculation?

I think it's more likely that they didn't invade Hawaii because it would stretch their resources and be extremely hard to hold. They probably thought it would be better to just decimate a large portion of the U.S. fleet, and then concentrate on Asia.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

So I was reading that those printer gun ideas are a nonsense, you'd be as likely to detonate your hand with one of them as have a viable piece.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    So I was reading that those printer gun ideas are a nonsense, you'd be as likely to detonate your hand with one of them as have a viable piece.
    They are meant for one shot, as of now. They aren't supposed to be a replacement for traditional firearms... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    They are meant for one shot, as of now. They aren't supposed to be a replacement for traditional firearms... yet.
    They're not even that from what I'm reading, you're wild west gun slinging dreams are going to go unfufilled for a bit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    They're not even that from what I'm reading, you're wild west gun slinging dreams are going to go unfufilled for a bit.
    *shrug* I prefer a blade, anyway.

http://gizmodo.com/the-newest-3d-pri...ium=socialflow

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

This.

http://www.kmph.com/story/23283092/g...-harvard-study
    Gun Bans Don't Mean Lower Murder Rates, Finds Harvard Study
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Peace by superior firepower mofos!!

Guns are so yesterday, gangstas be using chemical warfare in tha hood now. With impunity! With impunity.