User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now. lmao
    Rule of thumb: cars should be considered concealment, not cover unless you are positioned so that the engine block is between you and the shooter. Al Pacino did this correctly in Heat when he was reloading his FNC while Val Kilmer was shooting at him.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Rule of thumb: cars should be considered concealment, not cover unless you are positioned so that the engine block is between you and the shooter. Al Pacino did this correctly in Heat when he was reloading his FNC while Val Kilmer was shooting at him.
    That should be a thread. "What to do if you find yourself in a gunfight against a movie villain" or alternatively "Common tropes in movies that will get you killed in real life."

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    What does that mean?
    Cant make it any clearer I'm afraid, was more or less self explanatory.

As for the rest of the post, well, you've got to be kidding me...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have heard of this rule but I'd probably forget if I was in a real shoot out.

(and btw I liked Robert DeNiro's character better)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    That should be a thread. "What to do if you find yourself in a gunfight against a movie villain" or alternatively "Common tropes in movies that will get you killed in real life."
    Yes! Do it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Cant make it any clearer I'm afraid, was more or less self explanatory.

As for the rest of the post, well, you've got to be kidding me...
    Your suggesting violent crime be equal to any degree one side another to another is deplorable and negligent. Terrible suggestion. Suggesting violent crime-Seriously?

The United States Constitution was founded on the right of freedom for people and by people and of our people. That shall not be infringed. Our country was founded, in part, on these truths. We know what men in power want. Men in power want more power.. We know that men can be tricked.

History teaches many many duplicate examples of man attempting to conquer and do terrible things to people. We know that.

No kidding at all.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The Japanese did not invade Hawaii or California and the sole reason is because they learned Americans own firearms, and it would have been hell on earth on our mainland had we not.
    OK, I'm going to want to see a source for this. Those places also happen to be rather far from Japan, and probably very resource intensive to hold, and difficult to defend. It made more sense for Japan to concentrate on Asia.
    Last edited by Julius_Van_Der_Beak; 05-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The Japanese did not invade Hawaii or California and the sole reason is because they learned Americans own firearms, and it would have been hell on earth on our mainland had we not.
    Not only that, but American gun ownership is the only thing between us and an alien invasion. It's not only our patriotic duty to own guns, it's our planetary duty!
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I'm quite sure this constitutes as a beginning of an invasion. But that is just me.

Of course I find it strange. However, we're discussing what effect gun control would have on the murder rate. If you're trying to say that guns cause the strange murder rate, I'll have to disagree. I believe them a symptom, not a cause. If that's not what you're saying, you'll need to elaborate.
    It is definitely a symptom, I think SOME gun control can prevent deaths that wouldn't need to be there.

I think the more pressing issue is unemployment, low-wages, and bad neighborhoods. We can think of Chicago. Chicago as a whole isn't that bad, but there is a section of Chicago that is just crime-ridden, to the point the Chicago Police wouldn't even want to go there. That area is littered with people on extremely low income, little to no way of getting out (because being poor tends to be recursive,) and the ones that do try to get out, end up being part of the system.

We can also look at a city near my area. Stockton, California. A city that was doing ok, until the housing bust. Now it is bankrupt because of the 2008 Bank Failures... and has a lot more crime than most of California (maybe less than typical Oakland.)

Now, what is a living wage that makes a person happy? Turns out, it is about $50,000 to $75,000, about 50% of United States makes less than that, not to mention that those percentage that I linked are household incomes (not single incomes) which is more depressing.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I'm a big Michael Mann fan. He's one of the few filmmakers who actually gets it right most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have heard of this rule but I'd probably forget if I was in a real shoot out.
    That's okay. It seems improbable to me that you would get into a situation like that.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

That's okay. It seems improbable to me that you would get into a situation like that.
    But I do have plans to do a bank heist.