User Tag List

First 345

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I always did like rats.

But then again they are known for intelligence. Although said intelligence is by our standards and judgments.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I always did like rats.

But then again they are known for intelligence. Although said intelligence is by our standards and judgments.
    Well, according to several scientific documents I've read, both about ethology and neurosciences, there is a real possibility that in fact, elephants may be smarter than us. In every comparable tests designed to measure their ability to count, substract and add, or to discern proportions, they easily beat dolphins and primates, and that includes chimpanzees and humans.
    When they have the possibility, elephants also learn painting and drawing faster than human children.

It's very intriguing.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Well, according to several scientific documents I've read, both about ethology and neurosciences, there is a real possibility that in fact, elephants may be smarter than us. In every comparable tests designed to measure their ability to count, substract and add, or to discern proportions, they easily beat dolphins and primates, and that includes chimpanzees and humans.
    When they have the possibility, elephants also learn painting and drawing faster than human children.

It's very intriguing.
    mind linking the studies? i find it fascinating, ever since i've read about elephants coordinating attacks and pillaging farms in africa and those videos of elephants mourning their dead, not to mention the undergoing linguistic studies since we found out that they communicate in sounds outside of our hearing range, i have being increasingly suspecting that elephants aren't only self-conscious and intelligent, but have some equivalent of pre-stone-age culture, all while historically evolving right alongside of us.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

My my, looks like science is catching up with spirituality
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If you get a life-threatening illness, will you continue to rely spirituality, not science? Pretty sure you're also typing that on a machine that was built based on scientific, not spiritual principles, also.

Do new age people really believe that spirituality is a more useful tool than science for gaining knowledge in every endeavor? It certainly looks that way.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I just hope if you get cancer, you'll continue to rely on spirituality, and not science.

It didn't work that well for Steve Jobs, but maybe he wasn't spiritually advanced enough.
    That is absolutely disgusting. I cant believe that you actually posted that.

It tells me all I need to know about people lacking any spirituality and hating it in others.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't hate spirituality. I don't even hate religion, and I like learning about different religions. I'm not even an atheist, in all truth. It does grate on me, though, when people act as though spirituality is better at operating in the domain of science than science is.

It seems as though she was saying that we don't really need science because science doesn't tell us anything spirituality didn't already tell us. Usually people say this as they continue to reap the benefits of things science, not spirituality, has discovered. Things like computers, or medicine, birth control, or climate change research. It appears to be a fashionable meme in certain circles in the U.S., and I find it rather annoying, because there's such a disconnect between the "value" of science, and what science has actually done for them.

If spirituality is so much more useful than science in every area, then why do people prefer to use condoms manufactured to high, controlled standards, or birth conrtol pills over natural, spiritually wholesome herbs?

I do realize that post came off as saying something way harsher than my intended meaning, so I edited it to reflect the meaning I intended. My apologies to Amargith. I disagree with her take on things, but to be sure, I do not actually want her to die!
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

GUYS *whistles loudly*

It was a joke.

For the record, yes I do believe science has a lot of catching up to do to spirituality still, but I also believe that the two could definitely support one another and work together, instead of trying to outdo one another. Science can teach us how to use something more precisely in spirituality and explain things we dont fully grasp, and spiritualism can tell science where to look next for great discoveries due to the experiences and intuitions it yields.

So lets not hate, k?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    GUYS *whistles loudly*

It was a joke.

For the record, yes I do believe science has a lot of catching up to do to spirituality still, but I also believe that the two could definitely support one another and work together, instead of trying to outdo one another. Science can teach us how to use something more precisely in spirituality and explain things we dont fully grasp, and spiritualism can tell science where to look next for great discoveries due to the experiences and intuitions it yields.

So lets not hate, k?
    Awesome! I agree with a lot of that, actually. My apologies, and thanks for taking it so well. I meditate daily, so yes, I know that some of those intuitions are incredibly useful.

Visit my Johari: