User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    It looks like a group of animals biting each other,because the living space too small and lack of resources.

Solution: (I think you will don't like it)

Any golden age in human history is after a big kill.
    There's a movie coming out where America is this amazing perfect society only because they go lawless for 12 hours a year. Murder, rape, everything is fair game.

There is this notion that it is almost romantic to be violent. It shows in the TV shows that are wildly popular right now--justifying and saying 'there used to be a time men ran around farting, chewing on bark, raping and pillaging and IT WAS OKAY. Now everyone wants you to be a softy.'

When I look at this doll, I cannot help but think of that documentary that compared the array of music videos to an actual incident in a parade.. where the only difference between the two was that the women were not enjoying themselves in the latter, they were screaming and trying desperately to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Seems wrong in a lot of ways, but as long as it is done in secrecy, it could be a decent coping strategy for frustration, giving the violent guy a chance to release his hatred with little damage.
    Who has to get that violent in the first place? Everyone has *thoughts* about just punching someone.. but how violent of a person do you really need to be in your heart to pay money for, get sent in, set up, and shoot at a doll image of who ever it is you are trying to aim for? That only difference between that, to me, and a premeditated murder is the fact that it's a doll and not a person. I agree a doll would be the way better option between the two.. but it is still unsettling to think there are people that desire venting to that extent.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Who has to get that violent in the first place? Everyone has *thoughts* about just punching someone.. but how violent of a person do you really need to be in your heart to pay money for, get sent in, set up, and shoot at a doll image of who ever it is you are trying to aim for? That only difference between that, to me, and a premeditated murder is the fact that it's a doll and not a person. I agree a doll would be the way better option between the two.. but it is still unsettling to think there are people that desire venting to that extent.
    Yeah, I'd tend to agree with this argument.

I think that if you have a violent urge to actually kill an innocent person who is only threatening your ego than you need to learn to control that feeling rather than feeding into it or it'll probably just get worse.

That said, I think most violent people still have a conscience. Perhaps after 'killing their girlfriend' they would feel some terrible sense of remorse and throw the target away and change their ways, if that's what people were really buying this for. Which I sort of doubt, in a similar (but not same) way I doubt that most people who play violent video games are trying to get out their frustrations against Orcs or Giant Mutated Insects.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

There's a movie coming out where America is this amazing perfect society only because they go lawless for 12 hours a year. Murder, rape, everything is fair game.

There is this notion that it is almost romantic to be violent. It shows in the TV shows that are wildly popular right now--justifying and saying 'there used to be a time men ran around farting, chewing on bark, raping and pillaging and IT WAS OKAY. Now everyone wants you to be a softy.'

When I look at this doll, I cannot help but think of that documentary that compared the array of music videos to an actual incident in a parade.. where the only difference between the two was that the women were not enjoying themselves in the latter, they were screaming and trying desperately to get away.
    No one want these entertainment if their mind is healthy

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Anyone who would purchase this thing is probably a psychopath.
    Serial killers often kill small animals before they progress to humans, and replicating a human for this purpose seems similar...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Seems wrong in a lot of ways, but as long as it is done in secrecy, it could be a decent coping strategy for frustration, giving the violent guy a chance to release his hatred with little damage.
    It is rehearsing the violence which deepens the the ability to act on those impulses. I think it will lead to increased violence against women. A distraction is to go play sports, become a boxer, build a shed, chop wood. Doing something constructive with the energy of anger and hate is a distraction. Rehearsing violence makes a person more violent. The more the activity resembles the actual desire for violence, the more it is rehearsal instead of distraction.

I think this should fall under hate speech legally, even though it is an action. It is a big deal.

Edit: You know who else is going to buy these? Abusive men. I can easily see an abuser buying one to resemble his partner and having it shot up as a warning and reminder of her submission to him. Anyone can buy these, right? Would that be legal? Would that be a form of abuse? Absolutely.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Damn!Someone deleted my ex boyfriend gun target joke reply without reason.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No, everyone does, that is the problem actually. Music videos and TV shows all show the same things: objectification and abuse of women, sex without consequence, violent threats and ambitions, romanticizing being on the wrong side of the law, etc. The reason why those sort of things are so popular is because people are entertained by them.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    It is rehearsing the violence which deepens the the ability to act on those impulses. I think it will lead to increased violence against women. A distraction is to go play sports, become a boxer, build a shed, chop wood. Doing something constructive with the energy of anger and hate is a distraction. Rehearsing violence makes a person more violent. The more the activity resembles the actual desire for violence, the more it is rehearsal instead of distraction.
    It has been proven time and time again that people who get into fist fights will continue to do so. When I was younger my father got really strict on me really fast when I started getting into fights at school. Even if it was justified and my father had no moral qualms against it, he strongly encouraged me to not get into fights at all and I am really glad he did. It is so easy to justify something after you've done it before.

Edit: You know who else is going to buy these? Abusive men. I can easily see an abuser buying one to resemble his partner and having it shot up as a warning and reminder of her submission to him. Anyone can buy these, right? Would that be legal? Would that be a form of abuse? Absolutely.
    Lots of ways to abuse this thing. I don't see many upsides in comparison to the various downsides.

But, like I said, we live in a society where we can sell crazy things like this. I think this is a situation where it is up to the people (sadly, this means it will never happen) to put business like this out of business by not buying or supporting.. doing that would speak louder than legislation would.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No, everyone does, that is the problem actually. Music videos and TV shows all show the same things: objectification and abuse of women, sex without consequence, violent threats and ambitions, romanticizing being on the wrong side of the law, etc. The reason why those sort of things are so popular is because people are entertained by them.

It has been proven time and time again that people who get into fist fights will continue to do so. When I was younger my father got really strict on me really fast when I started getting into fights at school. Even if it was justified and my father had no moral qualms against it, he strongly encouraged me to not get into fights at all and I am really glad he did. It is so easy to justify something after you've done it before.

Lots of ways to abuse this thing. I don't see many upsides in comparison to the various downsides.

But, like I said, we live in a society where we can sell crazy things like this. I think this is a situation where it is up to the people (sadly, this means it will never happen) to put business like this out of business by not buying or supporting.. doing that would speak louder than legislation would.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yeah, I can't see this as being okay. I'm with fia that it falls uncomfortably close to the "crime" category - specifically under assault - "a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Who has to get that violent in the first place? Everyone has *thoughts* about just punching someone.. but how violent of a person do you really need to be in your heart to pay money for, get sent in, set up, and shoot at a doll image of who ever it is you are trying to aim for?
    Good question. I guess it's not a problem with the act per se, but the kind of guy who would do that probably has some serious issues.

That only difference between that, to me, and a premeditated murder is the fact that it's a doll and not a person. I agree a doll would be the way better option between the two.. but it is still unsettling to think there are people that desire venting to that extent.
    Imagine a guy who is angry with someone and has thoughts of this person while hitting a punching bag. I doubt he would end up punching the person after having properly channeled his anger.

Not so sure about that.

I think this should fall under hate speech legally, even though it is an action. It is a big deal.
    Perhaps.

Now that's definitely abusive, and a reasonable concern.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------