User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 52

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You know Victor I really should quit arguing with people and just make delightfully offensive threads like you do, to get my point across.
    The whole thread is a serious attempt at trolling within the rules, I mean that in the classic and more valid use of the word trolling, ie its about competitively provoking others, hoping for a meltdown, Victor's not the only one who does it but for whatever reason he has it down to a fine art.

    There's a lot of it online, I used to speculate it was about age and stage of development of the poster, perhaps neuroticism or some other sort of emotional stunting on the part of the poster but with the passage of time I'm less and less interested in what causes it or analysing its authors. Instead I think its more worthwhile pointing out the horrible nature of it and that its authors usually could give a shit about whatever their moral crusader flags of convenience are. Its the modern day equivalent of "Jew baiting" before the holocaust. I think its beyond argument that Victor is a master baiter.

  2. #22
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The whole thread is a serious attempt at trolling within the rules, I mean that in the classic and more valid use of the word trolling, ie its about competitively provoking others, hoping for a meltdown, Victor's not the only one who does it but for whatever reason he has it down to a fine art.

    There's a lot of it online, I used to speculate it was about age and stage of development of the poster, perhaps neuroticism or some other sort of emotional stunting on the part of the poster but with the passage of time I'm less and less interested in what causes it or analysing its authors. Instead I think its more worthwhile pointing out the horrible nature of it and that its authors usually could give a shit about whatever their moral crusader flags of convenience are. Its the modern day equivalent of "Jew baiting" before the holocaust. I think its beyond argument that Victor is a master baiter.
    Paedophilia is a serious matter in Morocco, and since there has been a large protest in Casablanca yesterday, well you can totally label it as a "current event".
    There is no possible comparison with the "Jew baiting" you describe.

    You could have answered to the subject, but instead you kept attacking the person, and indeed, this is against the rules and you know it.

    Who is the crusader here, tell me?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Paedophilia is a serious matter in Morocco, and since there has been a large protest in Casablanca yesterday, well you can totally label it as a "current event".
    There is no possible comparison with the "Jew baiting" you describe.

    You could have answered to the subject, but instead you kept attacking the person, and indeed, this is against the rules and you know it.

    Who is the crusader here, tell me?
    I did answer on topic, the thread has moved on from that point and I answered this post with something I felt was relevent to that poster and I was not addressing you but you've responded in classic emotive style, you should stop trying to win some imagined contest with other posters and engage in a discussion instead, I've told you before and I'm not even going to bother telling you again.

  4. #24
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I did answer on topic, the thread has moved on from that point and I answered this post with something I felt was relevent to that poster and I was not addressing you but you've responded in classic emotive style, you should stop trying to win some imagined contest with other posters and engage in a discussion instead, I've told you before and I'm not even going to bother telling you again.
    This is not an emotive response, this is a genuine question. You seem to have personal motives to derail the thread, and it's not difficult to guess which ones.

    Well, I can testify that the subject is VERY serious (I have lived in Morocco and go there on a frequent basis), so please, be civil. Your crusade against Victor is NOT interesting and it is indeed against the rules.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    @Victor

    What about the BBC paedophilia culture?

    I am sure that the proportion of protestant BBC stars committing such acts is now shown to be much higher than Priests...

    In fact the English Anglo-Saxon culture which you love is regarded by many to be among the most repressed and perverted on earth.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    This is not an emotive response, this is a genuine question. You seem to have personal motives to derail the thread, and it's not difficult to guess which ones.

    Well, I can testify that the subject is VERY serious (I have lived in Morocco and go there on a frequent basis), so please, be civil. Your crusade against Victor is NOT interesting and it is indeed against the rules.
    You're clearly having trouble undertanding here and should think for a bit before rushing off a knee jerk reply, so I'm going to spell things out here and then I'm not going to reply to you, so, you know, when you inevitably rush one out to get the last word, I'm not going to reply.

    I replied and was on topic, you posted a reply to me but I did not find that interesting enough to respond to, in that post as in this one you implied that I dont care about the topic of peadophilia, in the initital post it was not as personal as this response here. I dont have any personal motives for derailing any threads and seldom do, although in this post and the previous one you've decided to discuss me instead of the topic, so the very behaviour that you're attributing to me is something which in the first instance you're responsible for. Think about it.

    I've been nothing but civil, I'm sure to your and Victor's disappointment but I've got wise to you guys and, I suspect, have a few of the other regular posters. Sorry to spoil your enjoyment there. As to a crusade against Victor, you're kidding, I'd have to care way more about Victor's contributions than I do for that and his posts tend not to register anymore because they're the same thing, if I'd not seen his contributions to the facebook page during my short spell as a member there I'd be suspiscious yet that he was a bot or someone's game face alter ego.

    Alledging persecution and citing the rules is nothing new either, and all part of the game most posters will recognise yourself and Victor playing out, although to be frank, it IS played out at this point. Really it is.

  7. #27
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    @Victor

    In fact the English Anglo-Saxon culture which you love is regarded by many to be among the most repressed and perverted on earth.
    I don't know if you noticed, but it's been more than a century since Queen Victoria died.

    -----

    Anyway, what I find interesting, is that there are paedophilia cases in the clergy of almost every religion. The phenomena isn't specifically Catholic per se.
    In Islam for instance, a lot of known paedophiles were Imams, and this happened both in the Sunni and Shia world. That's why, for instance, the Grand Ayatollah Ali Montazeri wrote many letters for the defense of children, because he knew what was really happening and was honest about it.
    But similar cases also happen quite frequently in Buddhist temples, even if this time the Dalai Lama is strangely silent.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  8. #28
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You're clearly having trouble undertanding here and should think for a bit before rushing off a knee jerk reply, so I'm going to spell things out here and then I'm not going to reply to you, so, you know, when you inevitably rush one out to get the last word, I'm not going to reply.

    I replied and was on topic, you posted a reply to me but I did not find that interesting enough to respond to, in that post as in this one you implied that I dont care about the topic of peadophilia, in the initital post it was not as personal as this response here. I dont have any personal motives for derailing any threads and seldom do, although in this post and the previous one you've decided to discuss me instead of the topic, so the very behaviour that you're attributing to me is something which in the first instance you're responsible for. Think about it.

    I've been nothing but civil, I'm sure to your and Victor's disappointment but I've got wise to you guys and, I suspect, have a few of the other regular posters. Sorry to spoil your enjoyment there. As to a crusade against Victor, you're kidding, I'd have to care way more about Victor's contributions than I do for that and his posts tend not to register anymore because they're the same thing, if I'd not seen his contributions to the facebook page during my short spell as a member there I'd be suspiscious yet that he was a bot or someone's game face alter ego.

    Alledging persecution and citing the rules is nothing new either, and all part of the game most posters will recognise yourself and Victor playing out, although to be frank, it IS played out at this point. Really it is.
    The subject here is paedophilia and NOT Victor. I don't bother what you write about him, how much you hate him, what you think of him.

    If you want to make a contribution here, please keep the subject in mind, unless you intentionally want to make it derail.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Seems it happens in all walks of life, as the BBC have shown. And the British are famous around the world for their antics, go today anywhere from Prague to Bangkok and they will tell you! Or just spend a night in a London pub...

  10. #30
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Seems it happens in all walks of life, as the BBC have shown. And the British are famous around the world for their antics, go today anywhere from Prague to Bangkok and they will tell you! Or just spend a night in a London pub...
    No, I did not notice any specific pattern about paedophilia within the Anglo-Saxon culture. Could you be more specific? Do you have empirical evidences, real-life cases we could discuss here?

    And I've already spent a few nights in several London pubs, and nothing ever happened to me. Now I get the feeling that I may have missed something...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

Similar Threads

  1. The purpose of pain?
    By Martoon in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
  2. [MBTItm] The merit of stuffed animals
    By nightning in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
  3. The Human Mind - the sum of its parts or something more?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
  4. Web 2.0 - the death of culture?
    By Langrenus in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO