User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Where are you getting the idea that they're not advocating for more black families to adopt black children, against the disproportionate incarceration of black people, or for family planning to reduce underaged pregnancies so that more of them can keep their children? My understanding is that they absolutely are advocating exactly those things and a whole bunch more.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Where are you getting the idea that they're not advocating for more black families to adopt black children, against the disproportionate incarceration of black people, or for family planning to reduce underaged pregnancies so that more of them can keep their children? My understanding is that they absolutely are advocating exactly those things and a whole bunch more.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    let me rephrase - advocating for all those other things would make sense for their cause, advocating against white families adopting black children doesn't. remember we aren't talking about some random black power group, we're talking about a movement of social workers. they absolutely have the local power to act on it and delay or even inhabilitate the adoption of black children by white families.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I know that its a possible feature in all family dynamics based upon the bios of the parents but its prevailence is greater among the homosexual community based upon their own self-reports of the same, or, I mean, perhaps it isnt the case, perhaps they've not been saying it all this time and its not necessary for the majority to get in step with their ideas of what marriages should be?

That isn't a logical flow of ideas. Your trying to creat a catch22 where homosexuals either face discrimination and therefore make bad parents or they don't face discrimination and therefore houldnt be allowed to marry.

When really is should be that some homosexuals may experience intolerance which may or may not affect them as parents and regardless of wether the face intolerance or not we have to decide whether state marriage is controlled by specific religious or if it exists apart from them

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    but the stance has nothing to do with pushing for maintaining the heritage: they aren't advocating for more black families to adopt black children, they aren't advocating against the disproportionate incarceration of black people or for family planning to reduce underaged pregnancies so that more of them can keep their children... they are advocating against white people adopting black children when the alternative is for the black child to not be adopted at all, how does keeping the children in adoption limbo maintains their cultural heritage? it doesn't make sense.
    No it doesnt make sense at all, to be honest its not very child centred either which should be the only thing influencing decisions at all, the welfare of the child is paramount.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    That isn't a logical flow of ideas. Your trying to creat a catch22 where homosexuals either face discrimination and therefore make bad parents or they don't face discrimination and therefore houldnt be allowed to marry.

When really is should be that some homosexuals may experience intolerance which may or may not affect them as parents and regardless of wether the face intolerance or not we have to decide whether state marriage is controlled by specific religious or if it exists apart from them
    Er, no, you're constructing conspiracies where there arent any.

All I was saying was that its a community which internally or externally there's not that many prompts to reflection upon the sorts of things which would be important with specific reference to adoption, things which I think would be of more significance than the colour of peoples skin, it was just an elaboration on the post I responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ing-katie.html

Do you think Katie, the baby girl in this article, will suffer emotional or other form of psychological harm from this adoption arrangement?
    Well, my white father and his three siblings were raised by their black stepfather when their father ran out on my grandmother before they were in the first grade. They seem well-adjusted. I'm going to go with no.

I would also like to add that I think despite the difficulties of growing up in a biracial family in the 60s, they were far better off than having no father at all while their mother worked all night in the factories.

Any problems they faced related to their different races did NOT come from within the family unit, but from without. Essentially, it was everyone else that had a problem. Their problems revolved around the typical issues that arise from reconciling children to a stepfather's way of doing things and his preexisting black children that became their step-siblings. (*I promise no more adds!)
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Er, no, you're constructing conspiracies where there arent any.

All I was saying was that its a community which internally or externally there's not that many prompts to reflection upon the sorts of things which would be important with specific reference to adoption, things which I think would be of more significance than the colour of peoples skin, it was just an elaboration on the post I responded to.

I didn't say it was a conspiracy, I just said you personally were wrong.

I think your characterization of the gay community as not one which has much internal or external or eternal reflection is also wrong, just based of media scrutiny and the number of people working on both sides of the gay adoption issue.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I didn't say it was a conspiracy, I just said you personally were wrong.

I think your characterization of the gay community as not one which has much internal or external or eternal reflection is also wrong, just based of media scrutiny and the number of people working on both sides of the gay adoption issue.
    Nawh, I felt you were at least implying that I was trying to create a catch which I wasnt.

I hope your thoughts about the characterisation of the gay community are valid, it would be for the best if they are, I have only really their own advocates and pressure groups to go on and they're pretty clear. I hear them on the radio all the time, TV, other sources.

Society

No it doesnt make sense at all, to be honest its not very child centred either which should be the only thing influencing decisions at all, the welfare of the child is paramount.
    exactly, which wouldn't matter if it was just another political movement, but we're talking social workers here: they are already in the right position. if social workers in predominantly black neighborhoods in america start adopting this as a policy.... the possible outcomes range from harmless (if the movement fails) to horribly destructive on multiply lives.