User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default Anne Coutler says woman should be sent to prison for wearing a hijab

I've included a link to the video. There are some other questionable things but this one seems the most unfounded and sort of out of nowhere. I wonder If Coulter just knows she can make money off controversy. I really don't follow the argument that people shouldn't be allowed to wear Hijabs or that that some how means they aren't assimilated to american culture. Firstly because american culture in so nebulous and secondly because I don't see how it differs from someone who (by their own choice) wears a Yarmulke, saint icon, vestments, cross, turban, ect.

I guess my sense of what makes an american isn't threatened by someone in a hijab or a turban. It's fairly common to see women in hijabs where I live and they're just link anyone else. Driving around, walking with friends, shopping with their kids. I don't feel like they aren't assimilated.

Personally the idea that people would have to be stripped of their cultures when coming to america is sad and scary to me. I wrote a paper in high school once about visiting three houses in a weekend. One was the home of a catholic family who weren't recent immigrants, a first generation greek family and an Indian family. I thought is was beautiful how in each home they had their own little religious spaces with icons and other objects from their cultures. It would make me very sad if those people had to give that up to be American, especially since I didn't think any of them were really much less american than me.

http://youtu.be/o-XVEwNqnh0

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ann Coulter says a lot of things.

She also often appears to dress and act like a coke whore on conservative news problems, yet strangely no one in a party that supposedly supports Christian values even blinks.

She should win some kind of Real Life Troll Doll award.

Flagpoles

Islam is a religion and also an ideology of jihad.

So the hijab is a religious symbol but also a flag of jihad.

And as women are second class under Sharia, we can see they used as flagpoles.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Islam is a religion and also an ideology of jihad.

So the hijab is a religious symbol but also a flag of jihad.

And as women are second class under Sharia, we can see they used as flagpoles.
    I understand your point Victor, trust me, and I actually don't think hijabs should be allowed in Western countries because they tend to represent extremist Islam rather than more moderate Islam where women actually have rights, but still wear scarves and modest clothing; I have no issue with head scarves and modest clothing, but I think the hijab opposes everything the West represents in terms of gender rights.

On the other hand, saying women who wear hijab should go to prison is probably a troll move. Punishing women with jail for conforming to a sexist culture norm isn't the answer, and I'm pretty sure Ann Coulter actually knows that.

I saw someone call her an INTJ once. She's like a much more convincing and offensive version of Stephen Colbert.

Colbert wants you to be in on the joke with him; Coulter couldn't give a shit whether you can tell or not, she just hopes she gets to laugh at you, i think.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Excuse me, allow me to correct myself, I mean the burqa and niqab. Hijab is just the head scarf.

Which makes me realize on an even deeper level...OMG ANN COULTER IS SUCH AN A-HOLE!!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I think she's simply an idiot, and enjoys saying stupid things for the attention the remarks bring. After a certain point it becomes beneficial to simply ignore a person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I understand your point Victor, trust me, and I actually don't think hijabs should be allowed in Western countries because they tend to represent extremist Islam rather than more moderate Islam where women actually have rights, but still wear scarves and modest clothing; I have no issue with head scarves and modest clothing, but I think the hijab opposes everything the West represents in terms of gender rights.

On the other hand, saying women who wear hijab should go to prison is probably a troll move. Punishing women with jail for conforming to a sexist culture norm isn't the answer, and I'm pretty sure Ann Coulter actually knows that.

I saw someone call her an INTJ once. She's like a much more convincing and offensive version of Stephen Colbert.

Colbert wants you to be in on the joke with him; Coulter couldn't give a shit whether you can tell or not, she just hopes she gets to laugh at you, i think.

Isn't it my right as a woman to choose what I wear? If I want to wear a hijab as my choice why should the government be allowed to regulate that? It's sort of the opposite of gender rights, basically controlling women in order to make a political stance about controlling them.

Even if I wanted to wear a burqua why should the government be allowed to tell me I can't.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I wonder If Coulter just knows she can make money off controversy.
    I concluded this a long time ago.
    I really don't follow the argument that people shouldn't be allowed to wear Hijabs or that that some how means they aren't assimilated to american culture.
    It's ok, all of her arguments are hard to follow because they don't make sense or conform to either logic or reality. I say give up trying.
    Personally the idea that people would have to be stripped of their cultures when coming to america is sad and scary to me.
    And this is a totally hypocritical viewpoint on her part, because this country was founded by immigrants. The Native Americans should be telling us all to go back to Europe. Or give up capitalism and live in tribes and respect the Earth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The church I grew up in required women to wear ankle-length skirts or dresses all the time. There was about a five year period when I didn't go swimming at all because I wasn't allowed to wear a bathing suit. If I never see another denim jumper again in my life it'll be too soon. Are we going to ban that style of dress as well?

I agree that subjugating women is wrong- why on earth would we respond to that by punishing women for wearing what they're forced to wear? And is it a foregone conclusion that nobody would choose to wear a burqa unless forced to do so?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

She's just a female Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. I would not want to stand between any of those folks and their karma.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers