User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It's not a question about gender roles. It's rather a question about natural charisma.

Some famous people look simply ridiculous when you meet them for real. And it's even more ridiculous for one of the most feared would-be authoritarian dictator.

And sometimes, you feel the opposite:

I mean, when I met Li Peng (the main responsible for the Tien an Men massacre) face to face, I found this man incredibly more frightening than what his photos might have shown.
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 04-30-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    It's not a question about gender roles. It's rather a question about natural charisma.

Some famous people looks simply ridiculous when you meet them for real. And it's even more ridiculous for one of the most feared would-be authoritarian dictator.

And sometimes, you feel the opposite:

I mean, when I met Li Peng (the main responsible for the Tien an Men massacre) face to face, I found this man incredibly more frightening than what his photos might have shown.
    You responded to me he was short like I was supposed to be shocked or this would even factor into my estimation of him as a man. What does him being short have to do with anything? And no, all short people are not nasty. My ex who is 5'6" is obsessed with babies and is a doting father to his daughter, probably an ISFJ, and while he's not perfect, he's certainly got no Napoleon complex.

My sister is barely 5 feet tall. She can sometimes still shop in the children's department. My mom feared she would be a midget for part of her childhood, until she obviously reached a petite but normal adulthood by her late teens.

She is a very nice person; nicer than me. Probably ESFJ. I typed her ENFJ at first, but she identified more with SJs as a group.

People sometimes tell me that they forget how short I am, because of my personality. My ESFJ friend who is like 5'8" or 5'10" or something has always been used to towering over her female friends, and she said I never seemed THAT short to her from a distance, because of how I carry myself.

ESFp in Socionics is, unsurprisingly, Napoleon.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Putin is in pretty good shape, an athlete politiciain. Personally I quite like his style.
    The "athlete" thing is part of the image he likes to show to the media. But I have to hypothetise that it is totally fake. It's only an image, a social construct that reveals how the man probably lacks confidence in private.

Our former French president, mister Sarkozy, had the same kind of issue, I guess. The more he tried to look "manly", athletic and sure of himself, the faker it looked.

-----

Before him Jacques Chirac wasn't either my cup of tea, politically speaking (he was a totally corrupt man). But at last, he had charisma, he was genuinely warm and impressive when you crossed his path.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You responded to me he was short like I was supposed to be shocked or this would even factor into my estimation of him as a man. What does him being short have to do with anything? And no, all short people are not nasty. My ex who is 5'6" is obsessed with babies and is a doting father to his daughter, probably an ISFJ, and while he's not perfect, he's certainly got no Napoleon complex.

My sister is barely 5 feet tall. She can sometimes still shop in the children's department. My mom feared she would be a midget for part of her childhood, until she obviously reached a petite but normal adulthood by her late teens.

She is a very nice person; nicer than me. Probably ESFJ. I typed her ENFJ at first, but she identified more with SJs as a group.

People sometimes tell me that they forget how short I am, because of my personality. My ESFJ friend who is like 5'8" or 5'10" or something has always been used to towering over her female friends, and she said I never seemed THAT short to her from a distance, because of how I carry myself.

ESFp in Socionics is, unsurprisingly, Napoleon.
    It's not only question of size per se.

Li Peng was also very small. But once again, this man had the coldest look I've ever seen. In comparison, Putin was a barking buffoon.

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The "athlete" thing is part of the image he likes to show to the media. But I have to hypothetise that it is totally fake. It's only an image, a social construct that reveals how the man probably lacks confidence in private.

Our former French president, mister Sarkozy, had the same kind of issue, I guess. The more he tried to look "manly", athletic and sure of himself, the faker it looked.

-----

Before him Jacques Chirac wasn't either my cup of tea, politically speaking (he was a totally corrupt man). But at last, he had charisma, he was genuinely warm and impressive when you crossed his path.

So this is one of those plastic muscle chests people wear at Halloween? It isn't real?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's not only question of size per se.

Li Peng was also very small. But once again, this man had the coldest look I've ever seen. In comparison, Putin was a barking buffoon.
    I don't know if the fact you're incapable of seeing my point is lack of Te, lack of Se, or sheer trolling.

I said he was good looking. I said also probably hate everything he stands for.

I never said he was an awesome individual.

You and Lark seem equally confused on this front, like saying someone has a handsome or pretty face, or charming or photogenic characteristics, makes them wonderful or classy or have great politics.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

So this is one of those plastic muscle chests people wear at Halloween? It isn't real?
    It is totally ridiculous and this image makes me laugh even more, since I've seen this man for real.

Politicians, you know.

But you're free to think whatever you want, or fetichize whoever you want, I don't mind.

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It is totally ridiculous and this image makes me laugh even more, since I've seen this man for real.

Politicians, you know.

But you're free to think whatever you want, or fetichize whoever you want, I don't mind.
    You're trying to make me think he was objectively less good looking as a younger person by telling me he's exactly like every other self-congratulatory INTJ in person? In person, Putin does not pull off Se well, being an Ni dom.

You don't say.

YOU DON'T SAY.

It doesn't matter. I don't "fetishize" Ann Coulter, but I'm objectively capable of seeing her as an attractive middle aged woman, despite the fact that she too is obnoxious, full of herself, disagreeable, says things that make no sense, bullies others, and I am not a lesbian.

Also, Putin's power is real. However he got it, his power is not made up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You and Lark seem equally confused on this front, like saying someone has a handsome or pretty face, or charming or photogenic characteristics, makes them wonderful or classy or have great politics.
    I never said that, not even a second.

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I never said that, not even a second.
    Seriously man, I think you've got issues, or you're trolling me. You're willfully ignoring my point, or cannot grasp it. My point is that people can be physically attractive or exude charm without being otherwise likable in any way.

You're trying to persuade me to take back what I said about Putin.

It would be like a woman marching in here and telling Victor to stop saying Ann Coulter is charming and photogenic because she's such a douchey bitch hag in person.