User Tag List

First 6141516

Results 151 to 160 of 160

  1. #151
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    It has less to do with the wrinkles, and more with the fact that she does that "tan and blonde" thing a lot that doesn't work for me.





    Um, when men consider women sexually attractive, there generally is a desire for sexual relations, regardless of how practical that is. Maybe women with lots of Fi work differently, and I'm not taking this into account.

    I mean, I get that she matches your socially-conditioned sense of what attractiveness is, but that doesn't mean you can say that she's "objectively" attractive, anymore than you can say a painting is "objectively" attractive. It doesn't matter how many people think that painting is attractive, it's still a subjective judgement.

    Jared Leto is unattractive, so I'm not sure why you're bringing him into this discussion.
    Look, I know this is really difficult for you, I don't know why, but people can be attractive without you wanting to fuck them.

    Personally, I don't want to have sex Ann Coulter, nor do I want to have sex with flowers, cats, squirrels, or Daniel Craig, but I can more objectively observe why other people find those people attractive, or that those things are beautiful for non-sexual reasons.

    If there were no objective standards for attractiveness, you'd see a lot more people arguing for the outer beauty of Ayn Rand.

    Jared Leto is handsome, he just does a lot of weird things for movie roles, including recently becoming skeletal for his role playing a transvestite in a film, but at his normal weight, I find him very sexually attractive, and many people would agree he's handsome, even if they don't want to bang him.

  2. #152
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543

    Racists and Misogynists

    It's a classic move by racists to judge us by the colour of our skin rather than the content of our character.

    And it is the classic move of misogynists to judge women by their appearance rather than what they say.

  3. #153
    Senior Member Scheherezade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's a classic move by racists to judge us by the colour of our skin rather than the content of our character.

    And it is the classic move of misogynists to judge women by their appearance rather than what they say.
    Ty, I'll go and burn my bra now )

    But you still haven't decided if Ann C is an instigating troll or has a bigger agenda

  4. #154
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I agree with Victor on this. I guarantee you a thread about Bill O'Reilly would not turn into a painstaking discussion of how fuckable he is, or the ways in which he looks good or bad for his age.

  5. #155
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Look, I know this is really difficult for you, I don't know why, but people can be attractive without you wanting to fuck them.
    No, i get it. I understand social conditioning.

    Jared Leto is handsome, he just does a lot of weird things for movie roles, including recently becoming skeletal for his role playing a transvestite in a film, but at his normal weight, I find him very sexually attractive, and many people would agree he's handsome, even if they don't want to bang him.
    Then how come a quick google search can turn up lots of people who find Jared Leto ugly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree with Victor on this. I guarantee you a thread about Bill O'Reilly would not turn into a painstaking discussion of how fuckable he is, or the ways in which he looks good or bad for his age.
    I agree with this, too, actually. I just find the idea of arguing about attractiveness to be odd. Mostly, I'm interested in the discussion about the philosophy of aesthetics that has sprung up. Some of what's being said reminds me of the argument that someone is a good musician just because they've sold more records than anyone else. Therefore, because they've sold so many records, the skill they have as a musician cannot be questioned or disputed by anyone. That line of reasoning is, odd, to say the list.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  6. #156
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree with Victor on this. I guarantee you a thread about Bill O'Reilly would not turn into a painstaking discussion of how fuckable he is, or the ways in which he looks good or bad for his age.
    I agree on this too.

    But you know, sometimes you have to be able to read between the lines. When I disputed Ann's attractiveness, maybe it was a sarcastic way to say that I didn't care about the debate here, or that I found this woman and her ideas to be totally uninteresting?

    Perhaps it was a way to convey my bewilderment that such a thread could even exist and expand over 16 pages?

    And whenever you shall see me disputing over Bill O'Reilly or Newt Gingrich attractiveness, perhaps it will mean exactly the same? That I don't care?

    ------

    What really surprised me is that somebody here answered me, and took my stances very seriously and tried to prove me that attractiveness was an objective and absolute factor, and that the mere fact that I found Vladimir Putin's appearance ridiculous constitutes the ultimate and undisputed proof that I'm a secret woman hater, that I am a monster who had severe traumatic issues with my mother (don't laugh, it really happened).

    It's always amazing to see threads drifting further and further away from their original intents. Especially these kind of nonsensical threads.

    Absurdity always leads to more absurdities.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #157
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    If you honestly think that, then you're delusional.
    He is extremely prone to conspiratorial thinking(chalk it up to NiFi loop), the patriarchy(as defined by feminists) is just another conspiracy he can latch on to.

    People don't dislike Ann Coulter because she's a woman, they dislike her because of her obnoxious opinions and trolling ways, where is Victor at when people(usually liberals) are criticizing Bill O'Reilly. I guess that could fit under white genocide conspiracy for him.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  8. #158
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    He is extremely prone to conspiratorial thinking(chalk it up to NiFi loop), the patriarchy(as defined by feminists) is just another conspiracy he can latch on to.

    People don't dislike Ann Coulter because she's a woman, they dislike her because of her obnoxious opinions and trolling ways, where is Victor at when people(usually liberals) are criticizing Bill O'Reilly. I guess that could fit under white genocide conspiracy for him.
    Rather than criticising what I say, they criticise me. They call me delusional and paranoid, even though I suffer no psychosis whatsoever.

    So rather than making a diagnosis, they are making an insult.

    This is par for the course, for from making faux personality assessments, they move onto faux diagnosis. And when these fail, they make genuine insults.

    And it is the insults which are sincere.

  9. #159
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I guarantee you a thread about Bill O'Reilly would not turn into a painstaking discussion of how fuckable he is, or the ways in which he looks good or bad for his age.
    Quite so.

  10. #160
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Proof on video is false or sloppy police work? It's more more accurate. Image on film.

    I'm not sure what your argument is here, I don't understand.
    Any time law enforcement think they can rely on a single "foolproof" source of evidence, like a security camera, breathalyzer, or radar detector, it encourages complacency, oversimplification, and a denial that real crime is rarely that cut and dried. It absolves police from having to make judgments, and is not always open to cross-examination by lawyers for the accused.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Similar Threads

  1. Obama says marijuana should be treated like ‘cigarettes or alcohol’
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2016, 06:38 PM
  2. What Lessons/Principles Should be Taught to the Youth of Today?
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 04:20 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 01:30 PM
  4. Parents sent to prison for death of child due to "praying away illness"
    By Hard in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 09:23 AM
  5. Amendments that should be added to the Constitution
    By Elfboy in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO