User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The criminal justice system in the UK deliberately attempts to exclude from incarceration the mentally ill, I can think of at least three cases immediately in which this cost lives, in case of two the victims were school children and one of the rang their mother and told them that they loved them as they bleed out.

The criminal justice system in the UK is something like a treatment rather than punishment system anyway, in one facility a patrol was put on to stop a number of people climbing the wall with a ladder in order to stay there.
    Can you elaborate more on both parts of your second paragraph?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

It's pretty obvious what the solution should be. Unfortunately no politician has sufficient balls to reconsider severe chronic mental illness facilities where the cost of her 390 incarcerations would have easily paid for this.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Can you elaborate more on both parts of your second paragraph?
    There are huge emotional health and well being assessments done for prisoners these days, they can expect standards which rival those of anyone in the community, sometimes which surpass, in terms of meals, accomodation, entertainment, that is provided they can conform to often pretty basic behaviour expectations of non-aggression and non-violence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-break-in.html

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

One of the more radical ideas that I've heard about which I thought was pretty mean but not without a certain logic included repeat drug offenders or drug dependent offenders being sentenced to a virtual state of suspended animation for the rest of their natural days in which they'll be fed narcotics through a drip and contained that way.

Others included forfeiting life in the community, ie freedom, in exchange for an incarceration in a controlled environment but one in which they were permitted any an all narcotic fix or paraphrenalia of their choosing.

Another included volunteering for life limiting medical procedures in exchange for cuts to sentences or a range of choices upon sentencing, including euthensia.

I personally dont give any of those my own endorsement but there are some really radical and mad things thought up by people considering criminal justice and that's for sure.