User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Damn... This happened when I was asleep... my thoughts go out to those affected by the blasts. =/

Can't help but to worry about the safety of my friends near/around Boston T.T
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I can't think of a bigger headache than being responsible for internal security.
    Or a bigger opportunity. Consider the careers of Himmler, Dzerzhinsky, and Beria, for example.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Has Boston any symbolic significance?
    What may be more significant than the location is the timing: it was tax day, and on a symbolic local holiday known as 'Patriots Day', which leads me to suspect domestic terrorism more than international terrorism.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    What may be more significant than the location is the timing: it was tax day, and on a symbolic local holiday known as 'Patriots Day', which leads me to suspect domestic terrorism more than international terrorism.
    Oh good. I hope someone from the Tea Party is tazed, bro.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The conspiracy theorists sure don't waste time, do they?

Nevermind pages can be renamed/repurposed before they have a certain number of likes, and will retain their original creation dates.

It is absolutely shocking. And looks like an IED.

We are fighting Al-Qaeda in Afganistan, but hundreds, not tens but hundreds, of Australians are fighting for Al-Qaeda in Syria.

And they are sure to return with a violent ideology and IEDs.

And all our Government buildings in Canberra have low reinforced concrete walls around them to deter truck bombs.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    If it is "randoms" that are being killed, perhaps we should stop being random people who live in random places.

There was a time when public places weren't filled with random people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I agree with that. But it's a cultural disease. Corporatism encourages this kind of mindset, and corporatism is our perversion of capitalism, kind of like the Soviets had their perversion of communism.

So people gathered at marathons, schools and movie theatres are just randoms? O.o

You people may have a serious case of depersonalization, but it's okay - that's modern living.

Also, I personally find solace that even in these times of political turmoil the typical person prefers to think such a heinous act could not be sourced from within - we've still got our American pride, baby.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    So people gathered at marathons, schools and movie theatres are just randoms? O.o

You people may have a serious case of depersonalization, but it's okay - that's modern living.

Also, I personally find solace that even in these times of political turmoil the typical person prefers to think such a heinous act could not be sourced from within - we've still got our American pride, baby.
    No but that's the way the murderer sees them. I'm very interested in human psych, including the psychology of murder, and murdering "randoms" is seemingly motiveless murder, usually done for some ideological or fantasy reason inside the murderers head; it's not due to things that fall in the range of "normal" like infidelity, sexual jealousy, rejection stalking, money, revenge, hatred, bar fight, etc.

And yeah, the more people see people NOT AS PEOPLE (like how common bullying is on the Internet? Like people on the Internet aren't real or don't have feelings?) then the more you'll see them seeing other people as "randoms."

People who don't value human life. And logically, why should they in a society that sees people as numbers, as money to made and workers and consumers to be exploited.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

Also that's not "pride", it's fucking delusional, and refusal to deal with our internal problems.

When people see their fellow countrymen as non-people to be killed at random, that's pretty bad, and maybe people just don't want to face that.

Apparently murder has gotten easier and easier for people, even soldiers. Apparently soldiers in WWI had a very hard time killing even enemies from other countries, because they were forced to kill at such close range due to the weaponry of the age.

I also want to add that maybe people, such as school shooters, kill randoms because they feel like they've also been treated as a random, or a non-entity, which is another reason why I'm opposed to the daycare culture; I'm not saying you go to daycare you're fucked up for life, but in a culture that puts children's development secondary to monetary gain and selfish pursuits, children can be left feeling like non-people. I wrote a paper about it in college.

Also, in less violent scenarios, apparently all this is causing epidemic narcissism, actual NPD at higher rates than used to be considered normal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The US murder rate is currently at its lowest point in the past 100 years.