User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

^Laughing at the irony.

Anyway, something tells me this is an actual act of terrorism.

Following standard profiling, This was a very meticulous attack; calculated and conspired. There was little sloppiness in its execution. The intent wasn't to simply kill people for amusement or pleasure (like the random slew of shootings and stabbings as of late), but to make a general statement. Political, religious, social--pick one.

Who, why and what are completely speculative at this moment.

Either way, it is pretty horrific.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The fact that you wouldn't go actually experience things to a point that you also presume other people on the forum do not as well causes me to believe that you are in a Ti/Ni loop or Ni/Ti loop.
    I could very well be an ISTP in a TiNi loop, but no way in hell am I an INFJ! INFJs are very mystical people with an interest in psychic phenomenon or the supernatural, a rather esoteric edge. ISTPs on the other hand are hedonistic daredevils who live right now in the moment and can craft clever solutions to complex problems with lightning precision. INFJs also are dorks, and ISTPs are gangsters. I clearly fit the latter better than the former.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I could very well be an ISTP in a TiNi loop, but no way in hell am I an INFJ! INFJs are very mystical people with an interest in psychic phenomenon or the supernatural, a rather esoteric edge.
    That doesn't describe the bulk of your posts on this forum?

ISTPs on the other hand are hedonistic daredevils who live right now in the moment and can craft clever solutions to complex problems with lightning precision. INFJs also are dorks, and ISTPs are gangsters. I clearly fit the latter better than the former.
    Yeah, right, gangsters who think running a marathon is an adventure too great for the average MBTI forumer.

Epiphany

Could be a coincidence, but today was apparently Patriot's Day, which marks the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Could be a coincidence, but today was apparently Patriot's Day, which marks the first day of the Revolutionary War.
    Marathon is always on Patriot's Day!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Marathon is always on Patriot's Day!
    It's worth noting, wouldn't you say?

It's worth noting, wouldn't you say?
    It's kind of all the same thing. Marathon and Patriot's.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTP

Could be a coincidence, but today was apparently Patriot's Day, which marks the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
    They picked the Boston Marathon (as well as the location near the end where people were most dense) to inflict maximum causalities, no different than bomb threats at stadiums.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Has Boston any symbolic significance?
    Read this. In many respects, Boston was the cradle of the American Revolution. We kid about or even vilify "Massachusetts liberals", but their legacy goes back all the way to John Adams, who was as instrumental as anyone in gaining American independence.

Moral decline? Placing more gun-restrictions on law-abiding citizens isn't going to solve anything. If domestic or foreign terrorists want to wreak havoc on society, they don't need assault weapons to do it. I'm surprised that weaponized homemade radio-controlled drones haven't been utilized in such activities.
    In the wake of the Connecticut shooting, there has been a call to restrict guns. After the Texas shooting shall we now control knives? What do the events in Boston suggest we control next? How about have people just learn to control themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    In fact I think it's interesting that people are still more afraid of outsiders than the condition of the country within itself.
    An astute and necessary observation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Riva

I can't think of a bigger headache than being responsible for internal security.