User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I agree with that. But it's a cultural disease. Corporatism encourages this kind of mindset, and corporatism is our perversion of capitalism, kind of like the Soviets had their perversion of communism.
    I couldn't agree more.

Like when you have suicidal people, you take away their nail files and shoe strings so they can't hurt themselves? That's the reason why we need weapon control, so we can stabilize the "patients" until they can be trusted to use weapons responsibly again.
    I couldn't agree less.

The federal government has been leading the way in developing this cultural disease. The last thing I want is for them to be the only ones with weapons. The federal government can't fix this problem. They can only get out of the way.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Was kind of a spooky day in Cambridge (I work right across the river from Boston)... oddly similar to how Sept 11th felt here. Clearly the scale was much smaller, and the location closer. There was a definite sense of deja vu with the disrupted transportation, nervousness, lack of solid information. As with Sept 11, I found myself wanting to focus on work to avoid thinking about a grim situation I could do nothing about.

I hope that the perpetrators are tracked down quickly, and the scope of the terror inflicted is limited. I do feel bad for those who were killed and injuries and their families. I'm sure I will hear about coworkers who knew someone who was injured (or worse) in the weeks ahead. For once I'm glad my employer is cheap with the holidays.

EDIT: I think it's too early to ascribe particular motivations to those responsible, other than they clearly wanted to spread terror and make an impact. It's all too easy to scapegoat political or religious opponents in a type like this, which does nothing but polarize people at a time when it's especially important to show unity.

I blame the politicised tax dodging capitalists for this, its like oklahoma city, hope that it slienates more people from their toxic message.

God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree less.

The federal government has been leading the way in developing this cultural disease. The last thing I want is for them to be the only ones with weapons. The federal government can't fix this problem. They can only get out of the way.
    To the extent to which the government is a bunch of selfish assholes in hoc to big money I would agree, to the extent to which it is a reflection of popular sovereignty I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Moral decline? Placing more gun-restrictions on law-abiding citizens isn't going to solve anything. If domestic or foreign terrorists want to wreak havoc on society, they don't need assault weapons to do it. I'm surprised that weaponized homemade radio-controlled drones haven't been utilized in such activities.
    Moral decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To the extent to which the government is a bunch of selfish assholes in hoc to big money I would agree, to the extent to which it is a reflection of popular sovereignty I disagree.
    That's why I specified federal government. I tend to think very little public policy made by the federal government in a country as large as mine can reflect popular sovereignty.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Utterly senseless. Makes me really angry and sick to think about this.

There will always be crazy people and the primitive brain of human beings has not evolved as quickly as technology had advanced. You could only do so much damage with a club. The power to harm others is limited only by power and access to weapons that an individual or groups of individuals have. When we catch the assholes, maybe we should start by cutting off their legs since that is what they did to others.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Is it because you never leave the house?
    Yes, I'm a boring person. Sitting down and reflecting while doing absolutely nothing productive is where it's at!

Humans do horrific things sometimes, and I struggle to understand it.

And yet I am heartened by all the people, motivated by duty and by compassion, who rushed to the aid of those who were harmed, who worked swiftly and bravely to prevent further harm (and who continue to do so). I am heartened when I log in to see my facebook newsfeed awash with people checking in so their loved ones would know they are safe, people expressing their love and gratitude toward one another. For every sadistic person who would spread terror and despair, there are hundreds, thousands of people who care, and who show that care in small and great ways.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Yes, I'm a boring person. Sitting down and reflecting while doing absolutely nothing productive is where it's at!
    I do that too, but not 24/7.

The fact that you wouldn't go actually experience things to a point that you also presume other people on the forum do not as well causes me to believe that you are in a Ti/Ni loop or Ni/Ti loop.