User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Very weird stuff.
    Weird is not the word for it. That kind of coercion/oppression is just plain wrong. Yes, I am very consistent in supporting individual liberty and self-determination, whether that be for gun use, abortion, or how to dress.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTx

Ron Paul being delusional again when it comes to our nation's defense.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...on-bombing-su/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Ron Paul being delusional again when it comes to our nation's defense.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...on-bombing-su/
    Only governments are capable of being bad people, didn't you get the memo?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

"Scarier than the attack" might be an exaggeration, but if it doesn't bother any of you that the government is willing and able to shut down an entire city in response to two bastards with fireworks and a handgun, you're an idiot. Those two were able to bring a city to its knees not in spite of governmental protection, but because of it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    "Scarier than the attack" might be an exaggeration, but if it doesn't bother any of you that the government is willing and able to shut down an entire city in response to two bastards with fireworks and a handgun, you're an idiot. Those two were able to bring a city to its knees not in spite of governmental protection, but because of it.
    It bothers me more that you refer to 175 people being injured, including at least 30 critically, and three people dying as some two bastards with some fireworks.

Minimize personal responsibility, maximize fear of the government, that's mostly what I see in most anarcho-capitalist propaganda.

If our government was even HALF as authoritarian as you suspect, this incident wouldn't have even played out...Russia tried to warn the U.S. FBI and CIA both about the two brothers who bombed Boston (and I was just informed they were also planning on heading to NY).

Anarcho-capitalism is mostly hype, to detract attention from the responsibility of individuals, including corporations, and over-emphasize the fault of the government alone.

It's the new Bolshevik revolution. Get a clue.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Ok, first of all, these "fireworks" killed several people and injured over a hundred others. Explosions set off using a method seen regularly in terrorist attacks in the middle east at a huge, big city event is a scary thing. Who is responsible? Are there other targets? Are subsequent attacks imminent? Law enforcement reacted and behaved just how I and any other reasonable citizen should hope for. Ron Paul is a jackass.

Ok, first of all, these "fireworks" killed several people and injured over a hundred others. Explosions set off using a method seen regularly in terrorist attacks in the middle east at a huge, big city event is a scary thing. Who is responsible? Are there other targets? Are subsequent attacks imminent? Law enforcement reacted and behaved just how I and any other reasonable citizen should hope for. Ron Paul is a jackass.
    Yes, these continuing terrorist attacks across the world are the outcome of the Islamic ideology of jihad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    It bothers me more that you refer to 175 people being injured, including at least 30 critically, and three people dying as some two bastards with some fireworks.

Minimize personal responsibility, maximize fear of the government, that's mostly what I see in most anarcho-capitalist propaganda.

If our government was even HALF as authoritarian as you suspect, this incident wouldn't have even played out...Russia tried to warn the U.S. FBI and CIA both about the two brothers who bombed Boston (and I was just informed they were also planning on heading to NY).

Anarcho-capitalism is mostly hype, to detract attention from the responsibility of individuals, including corporations, and over-emphasize the fault of the government alone.

It's the new Bolshevik revolution. Get a clue.
    That's what it was. I'm not trying to play down what happened, but they used the powder from fireworks and put it into a pressure cooker as far as reports have stated. *shrug* Household items, nothing more.

Libertarianism and anarcho-capitalism are not synonymous, for one, and actually libertarianism is all about personal reponsibility. Statism is all about minimizing what an individual is responsible for.

How do you know how authoritarian I think the government is? I'm just trying to get you all to look at this from a different perspective. As I've said repeatedly, this forum is desperately in need of some dissenting opinions. And, yes, I know that Russia tried to warn us.

Yeah, well, that's just like... your opinion, man. I personally don't understand the anarcho-capitalists, but perhaps you could use their perspective to question the government's actions, and see what they should/could have done differently rather than just bashing those who do so.

I'm not sure how you think the two are similar considering the different ideologies behind them, but okay.

Got one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Law enforcement reacted and behaved just how I and any other reasonable citizen should hope for.
    Shutting down and militarizing an entire city is the reasonable thing to do, now, huh? Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The Islamists have had some success at the University of Melbourne in separating the genders in a lecture hall. And at the University of New South Wales they have had some success with anti-semitism on campus.

So jihad consists of bombing, propaganda, Sharia and anti-semitism.