User Tag List

First 293738394041 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I don't care about who you quoted. You have a clear agenda here. Please get back on the subject of terrorism and stop masturbating over Islamic intellectuals.
    Tell me: what kind of agenda do I have?

I don't know myself. I don't think I look like a preacher or a zealot. I'm just relating to simple, personal facts: that's my life after all. Then, you're free to understand my own experience the way you want.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    To tell the truth, for me in this debate the question is not about moral or ethics. It's about being honest and describing exactly what my experience was when I used to live there, even if I have to recognize that it can only be a very subjective one (it cannot be otherwise: it's the very definition of subjectivity).
    Because you keep talking about Moroccans and I agreed with you repeatedly that Morocco is different, like you can't even separate the problem of Islamic extremism in Western countries in your mind from the friends you have in Morocco. Having legitimate, rational concerns about radical Islam in the West isn't the same as hating all Muslims, and it's obviously not the case with me who has explained my position thoroughly, so to even keep talking to you is completely counterproductive.

I have noticed this with a lot of the liberals in the West, the cognitive dissonance is too much for them; like the news articles that say things like the Boston Bombers were Muslim, so what? WHAT? SO WHAT??!!

I...don't even...how can you not grasp this in your mind, that rationally acknowledging extremist groups as DANGEROUS isn't hating all Muslim people?

And calling someone a neo-nazi because they point out statistics to you is just, again, Fe attention getting techniques, it's like the quintessential ExFJ witch hunt kind of behavior, like calling women who get abortions murdering whores in front of your American conservative friends, if your Fe happened to swing that way. Western Liberals do Fe shaming by exaggerating much in the way that you did.

And it's common in people who went to grad school in the West, an INTP friend of mine with a PhD in Philosophy who happens to be liberal even agreed with me on this, that he knows it better than I do from first hand experience.

It's a way of keeping questions stupidly simple and black and white so that they stick to the politically correct rhetoric.

What you're doing is the flip-side of people saying all Muslims are evil, it's like you're trying to say they're all good.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Sigh. I have one. Extremism in thought leads to extremism in action, so the thoughts are always going to be shifting in basis, but always ending in tragedy.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

He's the one over here calling people neo-nazis and saying I know people like that locally, who asked him to put where I live in the thread? He's really out of line. WAY OUT OF LINE.
    Let me quote you in a previous thread yesterday:

"I prefer Neo-nazis. At least they have specific targets."

Since real Nazis have destroyed my family, I could have taken this very seriously and asked Ivy and the Magic Sponge to intervene.

But I didn't.

I think I have the right then, to make fun of your so-called Neo-Nazi preferences, even if I know (and hope) that IRL, you have nothing in common with the real Neo-Nazi militants I was unfortunate to discover in Leipzig.

So just like Ivy said: take a deep breath. We're only mortals and in the end, what we say here is mostly irrelevant.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If you can't see the difference, I'm not sure that's very objective.
    Which of those posts got removed, and which one is still up? The point is, you're getting into that zone that has not done you any favors in the past and a break might help.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So just like Ivy said: take a deep breath.
    Really. Stay away from me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

And calling someone a neo-nazi because they point out statistics to you is just, again, Fe attention getting techniques, it's like the quintessential ExFJ witch hunt kind of behavior, like calling women who get abortions murdering whores in front of your American conservative friends, if your Fe happened to swing that way. Western Liberals do Fe shaming by exaggerating much in the way that you did.

And it's common in people who went to grad school in the West, an INTP friend of mine with a PhD in Philosophy who happens to be liberal even agreed with me on this, that he knows it better than I do from first hand experience.

It's a way of keeping questions stupidly simple and black and white so that they stick to the politically correct rhetoric.

What you're doing is the flip-side of people saying all Muslims are evil, it's like you're trying to say they're all good.
    The technical words for it is Reductio ad Hitlerum. I should suggest that you read Leo Strauss on that matter.

But once again, don't make me say what I've never said. I was only joking quoting YOUR OWN WORDS.

But you're welcome. I didn't feel offended and you know I love you somehow.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The technical words for it is Reductio ad Hitlerum. I should suggest that you read Leo Strauss on that matter.

But once again, don't make me say what I've never said. I was only joking quoting YOUR OWN WORDS.
    No I never said I knew any local neo-nazis, and I replied to you asking me that because you asked it in the first place, like oh I have to choose between Islamic terrorism and Neo-Nazis, and I gave you an absurd answer, just like my stupid "STFU I'll kill you" answer to you saying your gf said all Mongols have genocide in their blood.

That was an entirely different conversation, and you know what you were doing, your insult was specific, why would you even put the city where I live if it's not even listed on my profile?

Your Reductio ad Hitlerum makes talking to you insulting, disrespectful and pointless since you refuse to acknowledge the subtleties of what I'm saying.

Seriously, I don't want to talk to you anymore. I don't like you because of this, not just because of the one ridiculous insult, but the entire emotional bias of your conversation here.

I'm supposed to be the F here, but I'm the one who can admit Putin is a bad man and all Russians aren't the same, you can't even admit Islam extremism in the West is a problem, even when you do, by saying you've had more problems with Muslims in France.

But I'm Hitler because I don't live in la-la land and say, oh those people don't matter, since Moroccans are so swell.

It's childish, it's insulting, it's completely absurd. I'm inclined to think you aren't even consciously aware of it for some reason.

But you're welcome. I didn't feel offended and you know I love you somehow.
    ...except for this. This is trolling. This is using Fe to troll. You know what you're doing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

No I never said I knew any local neo-nazis, and I replied to you asking me that because you asked it in the first place, like oh I have to choose between Islamic terrorism and Neo-Nazis, and I gave you an absurd answer, just like my stupid "STFU I'll kill you" answer to you saying your gf said all Mongols have genocide in their blood.
    No. I just said that my Russian girlfriend once made the hypothesis that if Russian people have countlessly genocided their unfortunate neighbours during their history, it may be a cultural trait inherited through the Mongol occupation of Russia. They've learned a lot from their masters. Besides, my girlfriend shares some Mongol ancestry like many "ethnic" Russians do, even if she's blue eyed.

That was an entirely different conversation, and you know what you were doing, your insult was specific, why would you even put the city where I live if it's not even listed on my profile?
    Because that is a place I know and appreciate well, and I found the mere idea to cross the path of Neo-nazis there to be completely ridiculous. It was a funny thought, you know.

And once again, you told me yesterday that you prefered Neo-nazis (anybody can read your own words). But since I'm very good-natured, I took it as a joke.

Your Reductio ad Hitlerum makes talking to you insulting, disrespectful and pointless since you refuse to acknowledge the subtleties of what I'm saying.

Seriously, I don't want to talk to you anymore. I don't like you because of this, not just because of the one ridiculous insult, but the entire emotional bias of your conversation here.

I'm supposed to be the F here, but I'm the one who can admit Putin is a bad man and all Russians aren't the same, you can't even admit Islam extremism in the West is a problem, even when you do, by saying you've had more problems with Muslims in France.
    So if I understand you well, not admitting your words automatically equals to a personal insult?

Come on...

I just said Totalitarianism is a problem, a more global one. You know, I'm a bit like Hannah Arendt: I'm not pointing a finger towards a specific foe and saying that Nazism is worst than Stalinism, I'm just saying that both political ideologies seem to share lots of common elements. And so are Maoïsm and Al Qaïdism.

But I'm Hitler because I don't live in la-la land and say, oh those people don't matter, since Moroccans are so swell.

It's childish, it's insulting, it's completely absurd. I'm inclined to think you aren't even consciously aware of it for some reason.

Not at all.

...except for this. This is trolling. This is using Fe to troll. You know what you're doing.
    This is not trolling. This is just a lame attemps to make you realize that your anger doesn't make any sense right now, and that I will forgive you for anything you've said because I do not think you have an agenda and that... well... It's been years I've read you here and yes... I genuinely like you.
    I just hope that in return you will forgive me.

7w8 SCUxI