MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Oh dear, the Gatestone institute.
    Next time you will quote the Ku-Klux-Klan as a reliable source about the fate of Afro-americans?
    Why have Muslim numbers risen in the UK

I'm sure you'll find the Huffington Post more reputable, or should I quote Wikipedia too?

Talking to you about this is kind of a surreal experience, because you're so morally determined to avoid the question of extremist Islam in the West, even when you admit to it, you change the subject, it's weird, like you're operating entirely on Ne/Fe and using zero Ti.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I don't share your enthusiastic interest in Arabic culture,
    Al-Razi and Al-Biruni weren't Arabic at all. They were both Persians.

but I know that they were a powerful and intelligent culture for many centuries, in fact I'm doing them a favor when I compare them to the present day "white people" rhetoric, lest people forget just what Arabic cultures are capable of...they're intelligent people who have been very powerful in the past.
    You should have noticed by the persons I quoted that I do not consider there is such a thing as a religious or ethnic science. Science is an universal history. When I quoted Al-Razi, I mentioned his most prominent intellectual heir: Baruch Spinoza, a Dutch Jew. When I quoted Al Biruni, I spoke about his works on Hindu India and his personal plea for political and religious tolerance.

The contemporary Western world is the direct heir of these great minds of the past.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Who did recommend you this source, tell me? One of your Neo-nazi friend living in Santa Monica?
    Or did you find it by yourself?

It's an interesting and intriguing question.
    Oh and this...I have nothing to do with Neo-Nazis, and I should report you for even suggesting I do since I've expressed disgust for it in other parts of the forum and obviously am not.

I'm finished talking to you. Your bias isn't based in reality, nor in any Thinking function. You are operating entirely on Fe, and talking to you is kind of baffling and irritating when I've repeatedly expressed that the problem is SPECIFICALLY with extremist sects and terrorism in the West.

Just stop talking to me. I'm really through with you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Al-Razi and Al-Biruni weren't Arabic at all. They were both Persians.

You should have noticed by the persons I quoted that I do not consider there is such a thing as a religious or ethnic science. Science is an universal history. When I quoted Al-Razi, I mentioned his most prominent intellectual heir: Baruch Spinoza, a Dutch Jew. When I quoted Al Biruni, I spoke about his works on Hindu India and his personal plea for political and religious tolerance.

The contemporary Western world is the direct heir of these great minds of the past.
    I don't care about who you quoted. You have a clear agenda here. Please get back on the subject of terrorism and stop masturbating over Islamic intellectuals.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You guys are at about an 8 and I'm gonna need you both to dial it back to about a 6, mmkay?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You guys are at about an 8 and I'm gonna need you both to dial it back to about a 6, mmkay?
    He's the one over here calling people neo-nazis and saying I know people like that locally, who asked him to put where I live in the thread? He's really out of line. WAY OUT OF LINE.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

He's the one over here calling people neo-nazis and saying I know people like that locally, who asked him to put where I live in the thread? He's really out of line. WAY OUT OF LINE.
    Gotta agree with this. But, maybe next time just report him and have his posts removed. They were completely personal and in no way added to the intelligence of the thread.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I removed the location, but he's not the only one who is escalating things. "Masturbating over Islamic intellectuals"? Take a deep breath and maybe do something else for a little while.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Talking to you about this is kind of a surreal experience, because you're so morally determined to avoid the question of extremist Islam in the West, even when you admit to it, you change the subject, it's weird, like you're operating entirely on Ne/Fe and using zero Ti.
    To tell the truth, for me in this debate the question is not about moral or ethics. It's about being honest and describing exactly what my experience was when I used to live there, even if I have to recognize that it can only be a very subjective one (it cannot be otherwise: it's the very definition of subjectivity).

If there is a conflict or a cognitive dissonance I perceive, it has to be between the ignorant prejudices I read here and my actual, real-life experience which tells me a totally different story. But whatever I do, I chose to be honest. Like Husserl once said I chose to do the epoche, I suspend my judgment and see what happens next.

But it is really such a biased view to maintain that most of the Muslims friends/neighbours/students/collegues I've met were simple, decent, ordinary men and women who weren't concerned with all that delirium tremens about Islam we had since the September 11 attacks?

Do I have the slightest reason to lie about it? What could be my possible motives?

Why?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I removed the location, but he's not the only one who is escalating things. "Masturbating over Islamic intellectuals"? Take a deep breath and maybe do something else for a little while.
    If you can't see the difference, I'm not sure that's very objective.