User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    They aren't the primary ones. Look if Islam could get its power back and have the Ottoman Empire again, it would. Americans and Russians are no more evil than the Ottomans.

That's why we have to keep an eye on them. They want their power back. So we should just lay down and let them? NO.

That's the reality of life, that's the reality of human beings, if we aren't this way, then someone else will be, whether it's North Korea or Nazi Germany.

While there are more peaceful countries and groups of Muslims, many of them aren't and you can't just pretend they don't exist.
    You live in a fantasy world, don't you?

Why do you need an enemy to exist?

Once again, most Muslims I've know are decent, ordinary people who would never fantasize to humiliate other human beings. Like Hannah Arendt noticed, such things only happens if a society loses its "common sense".
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, at Melbourne University in Australia, the Muslim Students' Society under the influence of jihad on the internet, make women sit up the back of lecture halls and men down the front.

This is gender apartheid and humiliates women in a country that gave us Germaine Greer.
    This is what I'm talking about Victor, this is what I mean about people not assimilating to major cultural markers. If they want women to sit in the back, they need to do it at private religious universities, not be allowed to pull this garbage in Western state universities.

Eat your food, listen to your music, wear your clothes, maintain your rich cultural history, fine, but people need to stop things like forcing women to sit in the back of a lecture hall from happening.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, at Melbourne University in Australia, the Muslim Students' Society under the influence of jihad on the internet, make women sit up the back of lecture halls and men down the front.

This is gender apartheid and humiliates women in a country that gave us Germaine Greer.
    When I used to make lectures in Morocco, in Algeria or in Tunisia, women were free to go in the front ranks, or wherever they wanted. I can testimony that there was absolutely no "gender apartheid" in the universities where I taught.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    You live in a fantasy world, don't you?

Why do you need an enemy to exist?

Once again, most Muslims I've know are decent, ordinary people who would never fantasize to humiliate other human beings. Like Hannah Arendt noticed, such things only happens if a society loses its "common sense".
    What are you talking about? I've said I have no issue with secular Muslims or balanced religious Muslims who assimilate reasonably or don't want Sharia law imposed.

Extremist Muslims are an enemy. There are enemies in the world, and if you don't think they are, don't be surprised when they come in and steal your cookies.

It's so funny that you're all like "Saudi Arabia, America and Russia are evil, but Marm, why do you need an enemy to exist?"

You have political enemies in your own mind. It's just that you've made it so biased toward the narrative of typical liberalism that you can't see how perhaps there are a lot of people doing things right and wrong.

I don't need an enemy to exist. It's human nature for people to be territorial, and yes extremist Muslims want power.

I think you're the person in the fantasy world, over there fantasizing that the Boston Bombers were pitiable, desperate men who had even lived in Chechnya.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I used to make lectures in Morocco, in Algeria or in Tunisia, women were free to go in the front ranks. I can testimony that there was absolutely no "gender apartheid" in the universities where I taught.
    Do you have some kind of broken record problem? Way over in another thread I talked about how different Morocco is than some Muslim nations, but all Muslims aren't Moroccan. The people who are infiltrating Western countries are in part a very big problem, they aren't all peaceful Moroccans, you admitted it yourself.

This is what I'm talking about Victor, this is what I mean about people not assimilating to major cultural markers. If they want women to sit in the back, they need to do it at private religious universities, not be allowed to pull this garbage in Western state universities.

Eat your food, listen to your music, wear your clothes, maintain your rich cultural history, fine, but people need to stop things like forcing women to sit in the back of a lecture hall from happening.
    Yes, April 25, ANZAC Day, is our sacred day when we remember the those who gave their lives in war.

So the Australian jihadi came out and told muslims not to take part on ANZAC Day because it was un-Islamic and haram.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It's human nature for people to be territorial, and yes extremist Muslims want power.
    What is human nature, tell me?

7w8 SCUxI

What is human nature, tell me?
    We are meaning creating animals. And some meanings lead to jihad and some meanings lead to democracy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

We are meaning creating animals. And some meanings lead to jihad and some meanings lead to democracy.
    Some meanings lead to nazism and some meanings lead to liberal democracy, yes.

But should we condemn the whole Western culture because it also gave birth to Fascism?

And I think I'm concerned, since my own family has been almost entirely wiped out of the surface of Earth because of Nazi Germany and Anti-semitism.

Should I blame the Western culture nonetheless because according to some, it can only lead us to Nazism and ruthless imperialism? Should I blame the Western world because it invented death camps and gas chambers?

Should I forget Galileo, Spinoza, Descartes, Rousseau, Bach, Kant, Darwin, Einstein or Bohr just because Hitler existed?

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    The Russians have no compelling, legitimate excuse to withhold Chechen independence.

No one would accept any less for their nation, why should we apply double standards to bigger nations.
    I'm not a fan of Russian policies in the Caucasus, but maintaining the territorial integrity of a state is commonly viewed as a legitimate national interests, and smaller countries are often equally susceptible to secessionist pressures (such as Azerbaijan and Georgia within the Caucuses, where secessionist movements are ironically supported by Russia itself). More broadly, there is simply too much potential for instability and too many competing legitimate interests involved for national self-determination (or any collective right, for that matter) to be considered a 'right' alongside the rights of individuals. A better argument for Chechen independence, IMO, would be the effective denial of their fundamental rights as individuals within the Russian Federation.

Either way, its probably a moot point in practice; Russia, like China, is strong enough not to be susceptible to outside pressures on this issue (they're even strong enough to withstand international pressure to get the hell out of Georgia, Moldova, etc.). Interestingly, however, there is actually significant popular support among ethnic Russians to renounce claims to Chechnya, Dagestan, and Ingushetia for xenophobic reasons ('stop feeding the Caucases'), which may eventually lead to Chechen independence once Putinism is over.

On a side note, you might be interested in this site: http://www.jamestown.org/programs/nca/

^They're clearly biased against Russia, but its nonetheless a good place to get information about what's going on there.