User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I just heard about this. I hope no one else dies. I hope this doesn't lead to another war... I wonder what possible motivation someone could have for this...
    The Oklahoma City bombing was politically motivated. I wouldn't be surprised if this is too, considering Boston's patriotic history, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another random, senseless attack either. There's no shortage of those these days.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another senseless, random attack either. There's no shortage of those these days.
    I wouldn't really be surprised either. I wonder what's going on with this country that such senseless slaughter is popping up so much more frequently in the more recent years.

Epiphany

I wouldn't really be surprised either. I wonder what's going on with this country that such senseless slaughter is popping up so much more frequently in the more recent years.
    Moral decline? Placing more gun-restrictions on law-abiding citizens isn't going to solve anything. If domestic or foreign terrorists want to wreak havoc on society, they don't need assault weapons to do it. I'm surprised that weaponized homemade radio-controlled drones haven't been utilized in such activities.

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

strang that they was a drill of same sceneario happen before and during the maranthon. isnt' that always the way...

I am ok, my family is ok. Friends, as far as I know.

Was out hiking with my sis and some friends when it happened. Got home and we were watching the news. Same clips over and over. So horrific, why someone would do something like that.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    The folks on this forum don't really strike me as the types who are into those kinds of adventures, so I would bet they are all ok, but then again, I could be wrong, and someone could be hurt.

On another note, I think we focus too much the visible disasters as they strike, and not enough on healing humanity as a collective mind to prevent such situations from even happening in the first place. The problems that don't produce immediate results we can see may in actuality be of a far worse nature.
    Um I walked right through the L.A. marathon, there are people on this forum who are joggers/runners, and I am really not clear on why you think people on this forum wouldn't either participate in or perform in a marathon. Or just watch one on the side lines.

Is it because you never leave the house?

Update: Two folks are in surgery for non-life threatening injuries and the rest had minor abrasions and ear drum issues. Their father finally found them and he's safe.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just heard about this. I hope no one else dies. I hope this doesn't lead to another war... I wonder what possible motivation someone could have for this...
    How is this any different than recent school and movie theater and church shootings (and that one weird stabbing in Texas)?

What is anyone's motivation for random public violence? And why has it become so common-place in the U.S.? I swear it's become over here like Central Asia, like some developing country, like Russia or something.

I don't know why this stuff keeps happening, what the exact reason is, but it's more common in countries where lots of weapons are readily made more available to civilians.

I wouldn't be quick to blame foreign terrorists, though it's a possibility, don't rule out random insanity of American citizens.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    How is this any different than recent school and movie theater and church shootings (and that one weird stabbing in Texas)?

What is anyone's motivation for random public violence? And why has it become so common-place in the U.S.? I swear it's become over here like Central Asia, like some developing country, like Russia or something.

I don't know why this stuff keeps happening, what the exact reason is, but it's more common in countries where lots of weapons are readily made more available to civilians.

I wouldn't be quick to blame foreign terrorists, though it's a possibility, don't rule out random insanity of American citizens.

I think most people associate bombings with terrorism, whether or not it's international or homegrown.

Rampage killings with firearms tend to be in schools, etc, so perhaps people differentiate, initially.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I thought someone I knew was up there... then remembered my in-laws had gone up to watch their cousin run the marathon.

I checked, apparently they texted in around 5:30pm and are okay. They did not see the explosion, but did hear it and didn't know what it was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft