Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am saying that the two situations are comparable, in that everyone is being held to some lowest common denominator rule set, just because a small minority can't be responsible about something. Instead of going after the real abusers, we just slap restrictions on everyone.

You are correct on both counts, but that could very well change if guns became harder to get.
    I am saying, here is what I am saying, that the responsibility of traditional Southerners still doesn't really allow room for the particular weapons that I (and many moderate, centrist liberal types) believe should be restricted. If you asked my second cousin Bennie if he needed a semi-automatic weapon to hunt deer, he would probably look at you like you were retarded.

I feel like your alcohol example isn't apt. It's more like comparing your Italian family's attitude toward alcohol to people who buy crystal meth. Crystal meth is the machine guns of the drug world, so to speak.

No one really needs it. And even if marijuana should be legal, I really don't see what good can come of legalizing crystal meth.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Why would America even do that? I don't think America belongs anywhere else than where they already are, and it's not like invading Russia's air space is necessary SINCE RUSSIANS ALREADY HAVE CONTEMPT FOR CHECHENS.

Russians and Americans hate Central Asian Muslims in equal measure. On that at least they can agree.
    North-Caucasians aren't Central-Asian though, they're from the Caucasus. Americans have no experience with central-asians or caucasians for the matter, they'd more likely mistake them for russians or khazaks than anything. Russian state apparatus makes sure of that. As for russians, if they had just left the caucasians to develop on their own and independent of russian rule, this entire thing would never have transpired. Tamerlane and his brother probably would still be in Caucasus.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    North-Caucasians aren't Central-Asian though, they're from the Caucasus. Americans have no experience with central-asians or caucasians for the matter. Russian state apparatus makes sure of that.
    I know that. I know Chechens are from Eastern Europe, I realized even after I typed it that this is the American stereotype, in the American mind, that all Muslims are from Central Asia.

Also I don't know what you mean by Americans have no experience with central Asians or Caucasians, but a foggy memory is telling me you don't like Russians, and I don't think we should continue this conversation, as I don't want anyone getting upset.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I know that. I know Chechens are from Eastern Europe, I realized even after I typed it that this is the American stereotype, in the American mind, that all Muslims are from Central Asia.
    Caucasus//////Europe. Caucasus is it's own geographical definition, by the virtue of its unique peoples.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Caucasus//////Europe. Caucasus is it's own geographical definition, by the virtue of its unique peoples.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh but it is in Eastern Europe and West Asia, geographically speaking. However, I've spent enough time on European preservation forums to see the wars, the social wars, of people in Europe telling people from the Caucasus region that they aren't really European, and this is a huge cultural divide.

But for all intents and purposes, yes, the Chechnya is partially in southeastern Europe and it would be factually incorrect to say otherwise.

I agree that culturally speaking the Caucasus region is very different than what most people think of CULTURALLY being Eastern Europe, but I simply corrected my mistake by saying they weren't all in Central Asia.

I also know the whole hilarious thing about how to Americans and Western Europeans Caucasians (as a term) are white people, but in Russia they're "black" people.

I have a lot of Russian friends. Not talking to you. Take care.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

this is about the boston marathon explosions right? if not, make another thread
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

^ It's relevant to the boston bombing aswell, since we're discussing the political aspect of their bombing.

But for all intents and purposes, yes, the Chechnya is partially in southeastern Europe and it would be factually incorrect to say otherwise.
    How is it factually correct? There are no indo-european speaking people that are indigenous to the caucasus, save for armenians, and they were acculturized. Are we talking about continental plates?

I have a lot of Russian friends. Not talking to you. Take care.
    I'm sure you do. It's a political issue between Chechen independence movements and the Russian state acting like a colonial one in the Caucasus. It's not a conflict between nations.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

^ It's relevant to the boston bombing aswell, since we're discussing the political aspect of their bombing.

How is it factually correct?
    I'm guessing you're an Si type and because of your cultural or political ties you just ignore world geographic locations, such as major continents. Okay.

I'm sure you do.
    See it's this kind of thing I don't like...I don't have a lot of Russian friends because I'm American, I have a lot of Russian friends because I'm me, and there hasn't been some kind of collective ideology they've pushed on me to hate people in the Caucasus, but on the other hand I do understand why Russians feel the way they do, and Imma guess that's gonna piss you right off, for me to even try to explain is probably so deeply personal to you that you won't get anything but offended.

And I personally don't like you saying things like Americans don't know people from the Caucasus or Central Asia because of Russians. It bespeaks of a kind of hostility and something that is ...incorrect...that just doesn't have anything to do with anything, in my experience, though this may be your perception.

It's a political issue between Chechen independence movements and the Russian state acting like a colonial one in the Caucasus. It's not a conflict between nations.
    Have a great day, son.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm sure you do. It's a political issue between Chechen independence movements and the Russian state acting like a colonial one in the Caucasus. It's not a conflict between nations.
    "Colonial" is a weak word when you consider Russian rule in Chechnya. Since despite blatant Russian propaganda (see wikipedia for instance), the third of the entire population of the country has been obliterated thanks to Russian occupation forces, I would rather use the word "genocide", even if it's a strong word that should not be used lightly.

What the Chechen people has endured in the last decade is simply terrifying.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI