User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

The older guy was probably disillusioned and felt disenfranchised. The entire thing however is irrational. I guess they were inspired by Wahhabi ideology that they seem to sell to Muslim youth all around the world to recruit people. When you look at tamerlane tsarnaevs youtube account you can find plenty of videos of Wahhabi speakers aswell as videos critical of kadyrov and the local government of chechenya. It doesn't make sense however since America's role, at-least of what has been revealed publicly is neutral in the conflict between russian authorities and Chechen separatists. At one point America even sheltered Chechen separatists who obviously belonged to armed groups in Chechenya. I guess their motive however was inspired by the Wahhabi's propaganda machine that disseminates Anti-American propaganda all over the globe, because America competes with Wahabis over the control in the middle-east. It's just the stupid kid, Tamerlane tsarnaev thought that it somehow would have an effect on anything.

I don't believe however, like others in the thread that it was narcissistic. It was more blind conviction to an ideology and disillusionment and the disenfranchisement that oppressed people feel when they're displaced. I'm sure Tamerlane felt angry and disillusioned because of all the bigotry disseminated by the strong anti-Islam movement in the USA and all the bigotry from the christian right. I can't imagine feeling emotional well-being when your culture and ethnicity are rendered powerless and you live in a society where ideological forces feed the population with hate against you. And that is exploited by people who give you a cause, no matter how irrational, baseless or stupid it is.
    Last edited by ColonelGadaafi; 04-21-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

If my paranoid brother and sister-in-law don't stop vomiting their conspiracy theories and anti-government vitriol all over my Facebook gratis this latest tragedy, I may have to hurt them. I made an Alex Jones crack and apparently they set store by him.

This is very pain.

I'm glad the suspect is caught, but I don't look forward to a lengthy trial, conspiracists digging in for the long-haul, and countless promises by officials to learn from this event by making future events safer. We have approached the limits of safety in many ways barring the total sanitization of the living experience.

I know we all have individual preferences for our liberty vs. safety happiness equation, but I do wonder if and what you all think could be learned from this and applied elsewhere that you would be satisfied with.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

^ Nothing will come out of this. It's probably the first and last time a Chechen in America will commit a deed of that kind. I doubt that Chechens will be profiled since they're less than 0.00% of the populace in the USA and they're white-looking. Security measures might become tighter in Boston and other states in the future however. Other Muslims will have it hard though.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    ...If that all doesn't point to a narcissistic sense of entitlement and frustrated two-year-old ego lashing out vengefully in violence (if I die, other people have to suffer and die too, and society will remember me!) as the primary motive I don't know what does.
    It's certainly zero empathy behavior, but zero empathy behavior does not automatically have to be narcissism.

That being said, these references are all about one kind of killer, as far I saw. Maybe those sorts of public spree shooters are usually narcissists, but there are many kinds of mass murderer. For instance, I would not presume zealots to a cause to be narcissists.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    ^ Nothing will come out of this. It's probably the first and last time a Chechen in America will commit a deed of that kind. I doubt that Chechens will be profiled since they're less than 0.00% of the populace in the USA and they're white-looking. Security measures might become tighter in Boston and other states in the future however. Other Muslims will have it hard though.
    I wonder how many idiots will actually suggest invading Russia's air space. That is, after they've learned where Chechnya is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your comparison would only make sense if the $15k was also stolen from you.
    You compared deaths in car accidents to deaths in Boston bombing, so unless you mean to imply that the Boston bombing was an accident too, your comparison is no better than mine.

I made that statement for perspective because humans are irrational and too easily trade freedom for security. We've already done it with the Patriot Act. CISPA (a "revised" version) was just passed by the House, so there goes more freedom down the toilet. Every time something "scary" happens (or we're told it could happen), people expect our incompetent government to stop it from happening ever again. But they can't stop things like this from happening without taking away all freedom. Dealing with events like these is the cost of living in a free society.
    You are making an assumption than anyone who wants to address the issue of terrorism would do it in a way that would inhibit their own freedom. I, for one, am not one of those people. I do not want my freedoms inhibited. I want everyone, who is directly or indirectly responsible for this terrorist act dead, and their houses burned to the ground. After that is done, I want to log to my internet without government snooping my IP for no good reason, and book a flight where I can get on a plane without incompetent TSA morons harassing me because I have a water bottle.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

im glad they are trying him as a citizen, as he is one an Will be read his Miranda rights. let there be fair and balanced justice!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your comparison would only make sense if the $15k was also stolen from you.

I made that statement for perspective because humans are irrational and too easily trade freedom for security. We've already done it with the Patriot Act. CISPA (a "revised" version) was just passed by the House, so there goes more freedom down the toilet. Every time something "scary" happens (or we're told it could happen), people expect our incompetent government to stop it from happening ever again. But they can't stop things like this from happening without taking away all freedom. Dealing with events like these is the cost of living in a free society.
    Yes, cave men were also free.

Then people decided not to live that way anymore.

Want to go back? I hear there's some douchebag with an island off of the coast of lovely Detroit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

I wonder how many idiots will actually suggest invading Russia's air space. That is, after they've learned where Chechnya is.
    ..except that Russian despise Chechens, as a generality.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    ..except that Russian despise Chechens, as a generality.
    Of course they do. Do you think that would convince Moscow to let American forces enter their air space?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    The older guy was probably disillusioned and felt disenfranchised. The entire thing however is irrational. I guess they were inspired by Wahhabi ideology that they seem to sell to Muslim youth all around the world to recruit people. When you look at tamerlane tsarnaevs youtube account you can find plenty of videos of Wahhabi speakers aswell as videos critical of kadyrov and the local government of chechenya. It doesn't make sense however since America's role, at-least of what has been revealed publicly is neutral in the conflict between russian authorities and Chechen separatists. At one point America even sheltered Chechen separatists who obviously belonged to armed groups in Chechenya. I guess their motive however was inspired by the Wahhabi's propaganda machine that disseminates Anti-American propaganda all over the globe, because America competes with Wahabis over the control in the middle-east. It's just the stupid kid, Tamerlane tsarnaev thought that it somehow would have an effect on anything.

I don't believe however, like others in the thread that it was narcissistic. It was more blind conviction to an ideology and disillusionment and the disenfranchisement that oppressed people feel when they're displaced. I'm sure Tamerlane felt angry and disillusioned because of all the bigotry disseminated by the strong anti-Islam movement in the USA and all the bigotry from the christian right. I can't imagine feeling emotional well-being when your culture and ethnicity are rendered powerless and you live in a society where ideological forces feed the population with hate against you. And that is exploited by people who give you a cause, no matter how irrational, baseless or stupid it is.
    I do not think Islamic extremists are narcissistic. That was a separate conversation about the tendency of white American males from upper middle class families to egoistically murder innocent people because they feel ignored or thwarted.

Initially I had no idea who committed the bombing, and that's how the subject even got brought up.

On the other hand, I don't excuse what he did because the Christian right are bigots. He's a bigot too. WTF.

Bigotry all around.