i do

straight larping

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sounds to me so far like it was just two dumb-ass kids without much of a plan, who decided to create trouble and failed to realize how quickly they would get caught. No vast conspiracy whatsoever.

... although I have to admit, it's been a weird week between this and the plant in Texas blowing up.

EDIT: Then again, someone elsewhere is claiming they spent time in Turkey. So I'm not sure. But I don't really see evidence of much of a plan beyond "Blow up the Boston Marathon." Their after-game seems completely makeshift and spur of the moment.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sounds to me so far like it was just two dumb-ass kids without much of a plan, who decided to create trouble and failed to realize how quickly they would get caught. No vast conspiracy whatsoever.

... although I have to admit, it's been a weird week between this and the plant in Texas blowing up.
    Are you sure about that?

They are reported to be from Chechnya.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Read my edit. Thanks.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us...20130419&_r=1&

Yeah, one suspect is dead, apparently, and so is an MIT police officer. The other is still on the loose.
    All of Boston is on lockdown right now. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Read my edit. Thanks.
    Fair enough. Who knows? They are young they might have actually graduated hs in mass which would make it seem unlikely they are operatives.

YES EVERYONE STAY INSIDE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY HEARD.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    YES EVERYONE STAY INSIDE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY HEARD.
    I'M INSIDE. YEEESH!!!!

EDIT: Still not really impressed with their aftergame.

The Middlesex district attorney said the two men are suspected of killing a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer on campus late Thursday, then stealing a car at gunpoint and later releasing its driver unharmed. Hours earlier, police had released photos of the marathon bombing suspects and asked for the public's help finding them.

Authorities say the suspects threw explosives from the car as police followed it into Watertown. The suspects and police exchanged gunfire, and one of the suspects was critically injured and later died while the other escaped.
    It really doesn't sound like they know what they're doing.

Robbing the convenience store is attracting unnecessary attention, resulting in the killing of a cop. If they meant to attract attention and kill people, well, they only killed the cop while easily being able to kill many more, and obviously they have no compunction about killing civilians; hence, their goal at this point is not to kill indiscriminately, they likely only shot the cop because he showed up. (They also could have killed the driver of the car they stole but did not; and they also fled the area instead of just standing their ground until killed by law enforcement. So it's not even a martyrdom / suicide by cop attempt.)

Throwing explosives from cars sounds like desperation rather than a plan to create a much devastation as possible.

Robbing a convenience store just seems like the dumbest move ever when you're "trying not to be seen."

If they are taking terrorist direction, well, it doesn't sound very organized. It sounds like they had plans for the main event at best and nothing more.

Ok so local police are on the scene, SWAT is there, and so is the FBI.

But, if these are Russian teens then doesn't it make sense to send in as an equal force...

WOLVERINES

I'm watching the news, they have the uncle on the line. Lives in MD or something and hasn't seen the two nephews in years. They are trying to get some info from him as to motives, but he can't give them anything. They keep asking him over and over.

The news reporters just told him that his nephew is dead. He didn't even know the older one had been killed.

This does not seem appropriate.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.