Bush was evil man. Believe me on this.
    No more so than Obama...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Bush was evil man. Believe me on this.
    No, Bush wasn't evil. He was just stupid and a puppet. Cheney and Rumsfeld were evil.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

The word terrorist has lost its power. Terrorists themselves, through their actions, have redefined it to mean "person who doesn't have the courage and brains to accomplish their goal, and who resorts in desperation to the cowardly slaughter of innocent people who never stood in the way of their goal anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    The word terrorist has lost its power. Terrorists themselves, through their actions, have redefined it to mean "person who doesn't have the courage and brains to accomplish their goal, and who resorts in desperation to the cowardly slaughter of innocent people who never stood in the way of their goal anyway."
    The word has also been devalued by the media and politicians because of the way it is applied. If the movie theater and Newtown shootings were committed by someone of a more swarthy persuasion, you can be sure those would have been classified as "terrorist attacks". It also doesn't help that the term is used as a political football to badger politicians to use the phrasing "terrorist attack" as an indication of how seriously the attack is taken. Just look at Benghazi and the Boston Marathon.

"Terrorist attack" has about as much meaning as "alternative music".
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

The Fascination of Meaning

We are meaning creating animals and terrorism is replete with meaning. This is why terrorism fascinates us.

An explosion in a fertilizer factory in Texas with a higher death toll and more damage is not as fascinating as the terrorist attack on the Boston marathon. This is because the fertilizer explosion was an accident with little meaning, while the marathon attack was well planned and deliberate and designed to generate meaning and so fascinate the meaning creating animals.

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont know, your avatar makes me think you could be nuts, although perhaps your english skills give a certain unfair impression, what part of the world did you say you were from?
    i found my avatar on gogole and sort it was cool so i use it. and im original from peru but live in england now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    An explosion in a fertilizer factory in Texas with a higher death toll and more damage is not as fascinating as the terrorist attack on the Boston marathon. This is because the fertilizer explosion was an accident with little meaning, while the marathon attack was well planned and deliberate and designed to generate meaning and so fascinate the meaning creating animals.
    He... raises an interesting point...

Why is it that ~18 dead gets less coverage than... 3 at this point? It seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The word has also been devalued by the media and politicians because of the way it is applied. If the movie theater and Newtown shootings were committed by someone of a more swarthy persuasion, you can be sure those would have been classified as "terrorist attacks". It also doesn't help that the term is used as a political football to badger politicians to use the phrasing "terrorist attack" as an indication of how seriously the attack is taken. Just look at Benghazi and the Boston Marathon.

"Terrorist attack" has about as much meaning as "alternative music".
    True, good points.

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

what explanation have been given for all the poeple dress as seals with big balck bag seeming in control of situartion and one of them holding some wierd devise?

perheps these was for the drill that was multiple reported by people then deny by officals. so this mean at laest imcompentat if nothing more.

and waht explanation have been give for police in police transmision indetifying aditional devise, then this later deny by govenor?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by salad View Post
    what explanation have been given for all the poeple dress as seals with big balck bag seeming in control of situartion and one of them holding some wierd devise?

perheps these was for the drill that was multiple reported by people then deny by officals. so this mean at laest imcompentat if nothing more.

and waht explanation have been give for police in police transmision indetifying aditional devise, then this later deny by govenor?

Troll @salad- get Google Chrome.. select "Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors" in Settings.
    Your "translations" are killing my eyes, dude.

Reports of additional devices were just a mix of our retarded media here being overzealous/trying to beat eachother to the punch in BREAKING NEWS, and police actually doing their jobs. Cops were combing the area for any remotely suspicious objects, at that point- it was pretty chaotic.. and the media jumped to conclusions and made erroneous reports. It's pretty common.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.