Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

oh yes that arcticle remind me, also the swift and cordinated respone from the mainstream news outlets

"you never want a serious crisis to go to waste"

Quote Originally Posted by salad View Post
    i not that family with him, he style not that appeal to me.

but that arcticle you link seemed deliberate scaterbrane so i'm looked into what alex jone have say about this bombing and it is, of couse, more coherent. he say this attack could be organic terrorism but very suspiscious because many inconsistancies amd i ham found this to be true myslef.

inconsicetancies suck ass:

- there just hapen to be a drill for exactly same attack happen alongside
    - reportings of military inteligense people who running ordered to withdraw from race
    - reportings of people warning people at signing up for race (days before race) that they woulm die if they raced
    - a facebook memoriall page was created hours befoer the bompings then hiden, then reveal after bompings with date of creation revealing original time
    - characteristic of explosions as repoted not consistance with explosives claimed
    - bomp was at finish line area which constant watch by camera and very density of people
    - propabley more that i cant' think from at the moment
    - also sympolism of date and location propable suspiscious to some people, but i dun'no...

not concludive of couse, but suspiscious, especial when consider similar, more conculdive cases which at first exhibit same inconsisctencies before more researched. and whem consider historical precedent such as gladio, ajax, etc. and this interpret ation also very coherent with geopolitic direction and america part in that.
    All these same tropes were trotted out by 9/11 truthers, and swiftly found to be not true. The conspiracy theorists aren't even trying anymore.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    National Guard. They did that here after Sept 11th, too. Doesn't thrill me from a civil liberties stand point, but may just be there to make people feel safer.
    Yes, it's another installment of "Security Theatre". Measures taken in the aftermath of violence like this is basically closing the barn door after the horse has already bolted.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, it's another installment of "Security Theatre". Measures taken in the aftermath of violence like this is basically closing the barn door after the horse has already bolted.
    Right... I certainly find airport security to be particularly galling that way.

Still, if one considers the aim of terrorism to produce (mostly irrational) terror, then security theatre is arguably a means of anti-terrorism, even if it doesn't protect from actual attacks. (Not saying I like it, but can see some objective utility there, in a placebo-like fashion.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    if one considers the aim of terrorism to produce (mostly irrational) terror
    The aim of terrorism is symbolism.

Look at the targets of terrorism - they are all of high, even extreme, symbolic significance.

And the Boston marathon is the second largest sporting event in America and is symbolic of America and the West.

But why is terrorism symbolic?

It is symbolic because they are fighting a war of ideology and symbolic acts of terrorism further their ideological aims.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The aim of terrorism is symbolism.

Look at the targets of terrorism - they are all of high, even extreme, symbolic significance.

And the Boston marathon is the second largest sporting event in America and is symbolic of America and the West.

But why is terrorism symbolic?

It is symbolic because they are fighting a war of ideology and symbolic acts of terrorism further their ideological aims.
    Terrorism is not symbolic. If so, terrorists would content themselves with blowing up, say, the Statue of Liberty when it is empty. Terrorists (by definition) want to create terror, which is best caused by killing random people at unpredictable times. Blowing up an ordinary amusement park, county fair, or other large gathering of people would come closer to the goal.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Ginkgo

I wonder how you would terrorize in a Cold War fashion.

Banned
    MBTI
    what
    Enneagram
    wha
    Socionics
    i do

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    All these same tropes were trotted out by 9/11 truthers, and swiftly found to be not true. The conspiracy theorists aren't even trying anymore.
    oh dear oh dear, how you can be so extensive wrong in just two sentenses?

such utter, reckless, illogical, concenrtated error that you have draned me of the enregy to correct you.

do youslef a favor and reserch 911 thruoughly, its' quiet an improtant event to undestand correclty yes? if for nothing more than to aviod being on the worng side of history.

On a rather nice note a lot of local folks here have been helping out the family I mentioned earlier. They've already raised $1700 online over the last 24 hours and it should help them deal with some of the extra expenses this is going to cause them.

Edit: Somebody repped me about posting the link, however to avoid solicitation and to maintain some anonymity myself I won't post it, but anyone who wants it can pm or rep me and I'll send it to them.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it