User Tag List

First 456

The Lateran Treaty of 1929

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The fascists did not make the pope a head of state, that's absolutely and utterly laughably mistaken but I'd love to hear what your source is.
    On 11th of February, in 1929, the Fascist Government of Benito Mussolini signed the Lateran Treaty with the Vatican, making the Pope Head of State for the first time.

Since then no Pope has relinquished his Fascist title, Head of State, but rather have used it to extend their temporal power and to obstruct justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    On 11th of February, in 1929, the Fascist Government of Benito Mussolini signed the Lateran Treaty with the Vatican, making the Pope Head of State for the first time.

Since then no Pope has relinquished his Fascist title, Head of State, but rather have used it to extend their temporal power and to obstruct justice.
    Tell us one about the illuminati Victor, maybe it'll be more believeable.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Let's also just say that Thatcher wasn't especially popular within continental Europe, and it's an euphemism. Just like the disastrous mandate of Bush jr in the US, she did a lot of harm to foreign British diplomatic relationships.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Absolutely true.

I'm just wondering why our dear Lark denies simple historical facts, even if I agree with him and Adams on what Thatcher dared to do in Ireland.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Absolutely true.

I'm just wondering why our dear Lark denies simple historical facts, even if I agree with him and Adams on what Thatcher dared to do in Ireland.
    I wonder why you're back posting here again, no wait, I dont really, the reason begins with a T and ends with a G and has a ROLLIN in between.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder why you're back posting here again, no wait, I dont really, the reason begins with a T and ends with a G and has a ROLLIN in between.
    Huh? Could you be more specific, please?

Remember I am not a native English speaker.

-----

Edit: no wait, I've understood. But that is not trolling, my friend. The Lateran Treaty is an historical event, and you know I often agree with Victor. Not always, but most of the time.
    Anyway, do not take it personally. To speak like Kant, what really matters are our ideas, not our persons or beliefs.

7w8 SCUxI

Absolutely true.

The nicest thing about Lark is that he is well read, but Lark does seem to take a slanted view towards Irish Catholicism that doesn't let facts get in the way.

Actually Lark has something to be proud of in Ireland, and that is the first Judicial Enquiry in the world into child abuse. Yes, Justice Seán Ryan brought down his Report, nine years in the making, in 2009.

It is an historic report of which Lark can be proud.

I often agree with Victor. Not always, but most of the time.
    Do you think, dear Blackmail, you might upgrade your agreement from most of the time to always. Or do you think I might be asking too much?