User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    Member Valis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    No. She sent one of the world's richest armies to fight.

    She was quite an admirer and loyal friend of General Pinochet so I don't think her problem was against "Catholic fascist Generals", just against threats to her prestige.
    I forgot to ask why you think the sinking was a war crime?

  2. #32
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Margaret, Julia and Elizabeth

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Out of interest, I ask myself what opinion would Maggie T have held of the lady in your avatar?
    Margaret was the first woman Prime Minister of Britain and Julia is the first woman Prime Minister of Australia.

    They are the fruits of liberal democracy which started with the abolition of slavery by the House of Commons in 1833, went on to the emancipation of women in 1901, and the abolition of child sexual abuse in Catholicism in Ireland in 2009, followed by the abolishing of child sexual abuse in Catholicism in Australia as I write.

    The Argentinian Fascists are parading themselves today wearing the Vatican flag. And the Argentinian Pope wants to violate the Human and Political Rights of the people of the Falklands Islands.

    In 1588 the Pope sent his Invincible Armada to violate the Human and Political Rights of the people of the British Isles, but was defeated by another woman, Elizabeth I.

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Margaret was the first woman Prime Minister of Britain and Julia is the first woman Prime Minister of Australia.

    They are the fruits of liberal democracy which started with the abolition of slavery by the House of Commons in 1833, went on to the emancipation of women in 1901, and the abolition of child sexual abuse in Catholicism in Ireland in 2009, followed by the abolishing of child sexual abuse in Catholicism in Australia as I write.

    The Argentinian Fascists are parading themselves today wearing the Vatican flag. And the Argentinian Pope wants to violate the Human and Political Rights of the people of the Falklands Islands.

    In 1588 the Pope sent his Invincible Armada to violate the Human and Political Rights of the people of the British Isles, but was defeated by another woman, Elizabeth I.
    Thatcher the Milk Snatcher, Victor, really?

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And totally in line with a good "faith" in Austrian economics, the beauty of the free market economy and all that.

    You are right about one thing, we arent ever going to agree, I know you're basking in your own belief that your position is rational and reasonable and while everyone else is merely opinionated but since you've described how you managed to have a change of heart before, from wishing the Lib Dems (BTW was that about the time they were just the liberals or after they merged with the SDP?) well to embracing Thatcherism, perhaps it'll happen again.

    Enquiring minds arent satisfied with the sorts of easy, quasi-mystical, answers that faith in free markets provides so who knows.
    That's the downfall of INTJs in general. Ever frequented INTJ forum? It's a hell-hole of young men defending anything under the sun and calling it logical, not realizing that if they read the Jungian description of Fi a little closer, they'd see their baby Fi (tertiary, childlike Fi) is pretty much the exact description for bad Fi.

    But oh no, they all form their opinions from Te. Trying to convince them otherwise is about as productive as banging your head against a brick wall.

  5. #35
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Crypto-Fascists

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Thatcher the Milk Snatcher, Victor, really?
    I am proud of our women leaders - Elizabeth I who defeated the Pope of 1588 who wanted to violate her country, and Margaret who defeated the Argentinian Fascists in 1982 at the other end of the world who were violating the Falklands Islanders, and Julia who in 2013 has instituted our Royal Commission into those violating our children.

    The Fascists worship masculinity, they hate women and children.

    Of course mbti was founded by a Fascist worshiper, Carl Jung, who violated his female patients. So it is no surprise to find the followers of Carl Jung are Crypto-Fascists.

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am proud of our women leaders - Elizabeth I who defeated the Pope of 1588 who wanted to violate her country, and Margaret who defeated the Argentinian Fascists in 1982 at the other end of the world who were violating the Falklands Islanders, and Julia who in 2013 has instituted our Royal Commission into those violating our children.

    The Fascists worship masculinity, they hate women and children.

    Of course mbti was founded by a Fascist worshiper, Carl Jung, who violated his female patients. So it is no surprise to find the followers of Carl Jung are Crypto-Fascists.
    Victor you're being sexist. Liking a woman leader because she's a woman leader and ignoring the bulk of her actual policies and actions is sexism.

  7. #37
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Victor you're being sexist. Liking a woman leader because she's a woman leader and ignoring the bulk of her actual policies and actions is sexism.
    It is the Catholic Argentinian Fascists who tortured pregnant women, who are sexist. In fact sexism doesn't even cover it - they hated women and worshiped masculinity.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It is the Catholic Argentinian Fascists who tortured pregnant women, who are sexist. In fact sexism doesn't even cover it - they hated women and worshiped masculinity.
    Oh excuse me, your blind hatred of organized religion trumps any other things Margaret Thatcher might have done.

    Even bad people do good things. Vladimir Putin brought Russia out of post-Soviet decade of an economic train wreck.

    I think if you didn't continue a discussion with @Il Morto Che Parla on the subject though, you're pretty determined to see it your way.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valis View Post
    I thought you might come back on the ENTJ statement, my point was that her decisions were based on objectively following certain economic theories not based on personalities. I don't know about the others you mentioned, but Hitlar wasn't an ENTJ.
    He wasn't saying they were all ENTJs. You totally missed his point.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Margaret was the first woman Prime Minister of Britain and Julia is the first woman Prime Minister of Australia.
    And Cristina Kirchner is the second woman President of Argentina, the first was 1974-76, before UK or Australia. And she wasn't invited to Maggie T's funeral. But she said she would not have gone anyway, which is likely true.

    Regarding the Julia: she seems to actually have some regard for the working people of her country, and I haven't seen her decimate their rights or close down the mines and inustry of her country. This would be enough to earn her the contempt of Maggie T as a filthy socialist, I feel.

    You are lucky you get to have Julia in person and idealize Maggie from afar. If it was the other way around, I think you would have a different view.

Similar Threads

  1. Video: Margaret Heffernan: Dare to disagree
    By Eilonwy in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 12:12 AM
  2. Margaret Yang from the movie Rushmore
    By Guava in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO