User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    What is a sexual jihad?

The sad reality of war is that it is ugly, and while I'd like to envision these rebels fighting for democracy as noble and morally upright in all ways, they aren't. The levels of ethnic tribalism present only add to the problems.

It might seem strange, but even if these people aren't likely to see America as their friend, I rather have them live under their own rule of law than under dictatorship. Free societies just don't have as much need to go to war with each other. Of course, now that these dictators are kicked out of place you're going to have chaos in the power vacuum.

I don't understand the purpose of the garbled text.
    Unfortunately, removing assad from power wouldn't lead to a free society.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is incredible nobody has bothered to reply to his post. Of course, raping. Small mistakes, so what. I rewrote his post (see post number six) already. See my little correction, and read the original, so you can see his English is not all that bad.

What is wrong with you people? He is waiting for you to reply. Get on with it.
    What is wrong is I wanted to make sure (is that okay with you?) Context and meaning with regards to language is extremely important to me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    What is wrong is I wanted to make sure (is that okay with you?) Context and meaning with regards to language is extremely important to me.
    Sorry if I appeared to be a little short. Of course, context and meaning with regards to language is important. You wanted to make sure, that is natural. It is all right with me.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sorry if I appeared to be a little short. Of course, context and meaning with regards to language is important. You wanted to make sure, that is natural. It is all right with me.
    Classic INTPish discussion.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Good point indeed.

Sadly this is how the world works. The people in power control the media, especially in dictatorships. World's most prominent media networks are usually from nations of super powers and although countries such as the USA cannot fully control media networks they seem to fall in line when the reputation of a/their country is questionable if the information is provided.

Media is what tells us what is going on and media is heavily influenced or probably sometimes even threatened not to reveal what is harmful.

If media doesn't tell us we would (most would) never know. Media could provide information (even ones which are harmful to its nation's reputation) by giving less prominence to these allegation or by simply destroying the credibility of the accusers.

Sad I know.

The arab spring is probably heavily influenced by the USA/NATO. What intentions they have we could only guess right now.

In the USA's/NATO's defense the middle east could be a huge threat to the future (of the west) therefore they might be taking these actions (American backed rebellions) to put in power those of whom the USA could control.
    Yes. You pointed out many truths. Thank you, Riva.

We have to destroy the reputation of a nation, if we love the people who live within the borders of that nation. If we love Americans, we have to destroy the reputation of America.

We have to destroy the reputation not only of Palestina but also of Israel, if we want to see peace in the Middle East.

Honest journalists are the best of people. They do good work. Honesty and admission of guilt is the most important step towards peace. False patriotism undermines peace.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so
    Socionics
    ILE

All good.

WALMART

salad? salad?! saaaalaaaaaaad!!!!

The salad got tossed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thank you, Marmotini. His English is good. I did mention the fact.
    Is he faking the language or the question? I already divided the issue.
    He's faking the language. If homeboy can read James Joyce and make literary jokes, and can manage to spell large words, but not Obama, whilst showing a decidedly American leaning toward the right (the American right is just considered "insane" in most other countries) ...he's clearly got an agenda.

I'm guessing him to be a white male in his 20s, American, who identifies as libertarian IRL. Probably college educated, but decidedly not with a specialization in language, English or foreign.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    He's faking the language. If homeboy can read James Joyce and make literary jokes, and can manage to spell large words, but not Obama, whilst showing a decidedly American leaning toward the right (the American right is just considered "insane" in most other countries) ...he's clearly got an agenda.

I'm guessing him to be a white male in his 20s, American, who identifies as libertarian IRL. Probably college educated, but decidedly not with a specialization in language, English or foreign.
    I have no objection to what you say. His English is good, and that is the key issue. His faking is bad. He tries to write bad English, but does not succeed. It is obvious his mother language is English. Even college educated, but decidedly not in linguistics. Very good. I agree on all accounts.