User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 30

  1. #11
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl28 View Post
    Ramping = Raping?
    It is incredible nobody has bothered to reply to his post. Of course, raping. Small mistakes, so what. I rewrote his post (see post number six) already. See my little correction, and read the original, so you can see his English is not all that bad.

    What is wrong with you people? He is waiting for you to reply. Get on with it.

  2. #12
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Good point indeed.

    Sadly this is how the world works. The people in power control the media, especially in dictatorships. World's most prominent media networks are usually from nations of super powers and although countries such as the USA cannot fully control media networks they seem to fall in line when the reputation of a/their country is questionable if the information is provided.

    Media is what tells us what is going on and media is heavily influenced or probably sometimes even threatened not to reveal what is harmful.

    If media doesn't tell us we would (most would) never know. Media could provide information (even ones which are harmful to its nation's reputation) by giving less prominence to these allegation or by simply destroying the credibility of the accusers.

    Sad I know.

    The arab spring is probably heavily influenced by the USA/NATO. What intentions they have we could only guess right now.

    In the USA's/NATO's defense the middle east could be a huge threat to the future (of the west) therefore they might be taking these actions (American backed rebellions) to put in power those of whom the USA could control.

  3. #13
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The arab spring is probably heavily influenced by the USA/NATO. What intentions they have we could only guess right now.
    I wouldn't be that sure. I've seen the "Arab spring" evolving from inside (at least in Tunisia and later in Morocco), and I have to confess that my impression is that it is truly a genuinely "indigenous" phenomena, a genuine attempt for the Arab people to be part of History once again. And the Arab medias are overwhelmingly hostile towards the US as a general attitude. Al Jazeera is the exact counterpart of Fox News (the "anti-Fox News": both are equally and ridiculously biased), if you see what I mean.

    Of course, in Syria the situation is slightly different, since it quickly escalated into an ethnic/confessional war.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is incredible nobody has bothered to reply to his post. Of course, raping. Small mistakes, so what. I rewrote his post (see post number six) already. See my little correction, and read the original, so you can see his English is not all that bad.

    What is wrong with you people? He is waiting for you to reply. Get on with it.
    We can tell he's faking it. You can't?

  5. #15
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I wouldn't be that sure. I've seen the "Arab spring" evolving from inside (at least in Tunisia and later in Morocco), and I have to confess that my impression is that it is truly a genuinely "indigenous" phenomena, a genuine attempt for the Arab people to be part of History once again. And the Arab medias are overwhelmingly hostile towards the US as a general attitude. Al Jazeera is the exact counterpart of Fox News (the "anti-Fox News": both are equally and ridiculously biased), if you see what I mean.

    Of course, in Syria the situation is slightly different, since it quickly escalated into an ethnic/confessional war.
    Yes Syria is different.

    If there is one thing the world doesn't need right now is Arab people deciding to be a part of the history once again. Because most of their history is based on conquests. Yes I do know they contributed significantly to other areas too but the bulk of it is war, forced conversions and destruction of of other cultures (though I have heard that Baghdad was quite a tolerant place many centuries ago.)

    Lets just hope that the crazy Mongolians don't wake up too.

  6. #16
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salad View Post
    mabye googletranslate has read finigman's woke? but in this case, im' put anywom into googletranslate, like you recomded id' should
    It's references like this that make me want to keep you around, salad.

  7. #17
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    We can tell he's faking it. You can't?
    Thank you, Marmotini. His English is good. I did mention the fact.
    Is he faking the language or the question? I already divided the issue.

  8. #18
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Yes Syria is different.

    If there is one thing the world doesn't need right now is Arab people deciding to be a part of the history once again. Because most of their history is based on conquests. Yes I do know they contributed significantly to other areas too but the bulk of it is war, forced conversions and destruction of of other cultures (though I have heard that Baghdad was quite a tolerant place many centuries ago.)

    Lets just hope that the crazy Mongolians don't wake up too.
    On the contrary, when I say that they want to be part of History once again, it means I've seen most Arab friends fed up with grotesque dictatorships, corruption or blind religious propaganda, especially amongst the younger generation. Thanks to the internet, they now see how the other cultures live and realize how backwards, hopelessly conservative and oppressive their current political systems are. So they genuinely aspire to freedom and to a free society in their own way, and many of them would be ready to die trying. And it is a rather new phenomena which should be taken into account even if those revolutions didn't really succeed right now. It's only the beginning: we shall see what will happen within the next decades.

    I mean by that, that five years ago, for the common people an Arab martyr or hero would have been what we call a religious terrorist, but that right now, an Arab martyr is somebody who would sacrifice his life for democracy. It's a complete change of paradigm, and it evolved from inside. Since I was living there when all this happened, let's say I've been a first hand witness of the way the young Arab generation has decided to take up the challenge.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  9. #19
    Senior Member Bamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    XXFP
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    What is a sexual jihad?

    The sad reality of war is that it is ugly, and while I'd like to envision these rebels fighting for democracy as noble and morally upright in all ways, they aren't. The levels of ethnic tribalism present only add to the problems.

    It might seem strange, but even if these people aren't likely to see America as their friend, I rather have them live under their own rule of law than under dictatorship. Free societies just don't have as much need to go to war with each other. Of course, now that these dictators are kicked out of place you're going to have chaos in the power vacuum.

    I don't understand the purpose of the garbled text.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

  10. #20
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Wasn't the former government formerly backed by the US, too? It was an oppressive government, from what I understand. And now the rebels are apparently just engaging in senseless violence against civilians, including raping women because they are the wrong sect.

    Are there any good choices? Frankly, I do care, but I think the best thing the US can do is stop meddling in other people's governments. We've mostly only done it for business interests, not morality or justice.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of Man/Woman would you be?
    By ThatGirl in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
  2. The Massacre of Syrian Protesters
    By Tantive in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO