User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    They say we all have two cultures: our own and American.

This is because the Americans have the greatest propaganda system the world has ever seen.

And the cherry on the cake is that, just as the Americans deny they are one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen, they deny they also have the greatest propaganda system the world has ever seen.

And then, having their cake and eating it too, the Americans blame their victims.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes, crazy dictators say the darnedest things.

It really scares my mom, she thinks I'm going to die in California if the nuclear bomb comes from N. Korea, and I should go back to WV.

My mother shouldn't be allowed to watch the news.
    CA will sink with the big 9.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    CA will sink with the big 9.
    Actually, I think the type of megathrust earthquake you're referring to is colloquially called "The Big One."

[from link] Will California fall off into the ocean during a huge earthquake? Where can I get beachfront property when it happens?

Before you go out and buy that land in the desert because it will someday be "beachfront property" (as Lex Luthor does in the 1978 "Superman: The Movie"), you should know that there is no chance of California falling off into the ocean and disappearing, or portions of it becoming an island all at once (as in the miniseries "10.5" or the movie “Escape from L.A.”).

In California, the San Andreas fault forms the boundary between two huge tectonic plates. The movement along the fault is sideways, or lateral, where the land on the west side is moving north relative to the land on the east. Because of this very slow lateral movement, which has a component of compression also, millions of years from now the cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles might be nearly adjacent to one another but neither will fall off into the ocean.

This is the biggest "urban legend" that has survived despite all the efforts of scientists to dispose of it. California falling into the ocean is strictly science fiction

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Actually, I think the type of megathrust earthquake you're referring to is colloquially called "The Big One."

I think he means it would be a 9 on the Richter scale.

But he's still wrong. If the entirety of California sunk it would probably be a 10. 9s happen every 300 years and California has been here a lot longer than that. To actually re-structure a continent I believe it would be a 10.

I feel little ones sometimes, just the faintest shaking, like if I were in West Virginia living next to a train track in an old house.

Earthquakes always remind me of trains in some way. When I experienced a more moderate one, I felt like I was ON a train, like I was sitting on my bed, reading a book, in Orange County in 1999, and felt like I was suddenly in a rolicking moving vehicle. It took me a second to go run and stand in the doorway and realize I was experiencing an earthquake.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I think he means it would be a 9 on the Richter scale.

But he's still wrong. If the entirety of California sunk it would probably be a 10. 9s happen every 300 years and California has been here a lot longer than that. To actually re-structure a continent I believe it would be a 10.

I feel little ones sometimes, just the faintest shaking, like if I were in West Virginia living next to a train track in an old house.

Earthquakes always remind me of trains in some way. When I experienced a more moderate one, I felt like I was ON a train, like I was sitting on my bed, reading a book, in Orange County in 1999, and felt like I was suddenly in a rolicking moving vehicle. It took me a second to go run and stand in the doorway and realize I was experiencing an earthquake.
    Yeah, 9's have actually already happened in CA, several times. I was just being pedantic to be a jerk, though.