User Tag List

First 45678 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Joe Biden should be President of Earth. I'm so disappointed that he's not in the race. He would have kicked some fucking ass.

He did have small bid, but it didn't take off... He was actually the first person that had my support.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

This country's politics are whack. The two party system is just a controlled paradigm. Basically what color do we want to paint the globalists' war machine red or blue? We need radical change, not the BS sold to us by puppets.
    Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head..." - Ween

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Abhaya View Post
    This country's politics are whack. The two party system is just a controlled paradigm. Basically what color do we want to paint the globalists' war machine red or blue? We need radical change, not the BS sold to us by puppets.
    I suppose you have a plan?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I suppose you have a plan?
    Well, a real hazy one and it has nothing to do with politics. I think we need an evolution of consciousness on a massive scale and more diligence amongst the people to hold our leaders accountable. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :
    Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head..." - Ween

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some posts on U.S. civil war stuff moved to a new thread.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "Not preventing 9/11" isn't something that can fairly placed on Dubya's shoulders (or Clinton's). Besides the fact that those who were truly responsible were the hijackers themselves, poor intelligence is not just the fault of one POTUS, or even one administration. Terrible response TO 9/11 can be blamed on the Bush Administration, though.
    Richard Clarke repeatedly tried to warn Bush and Condi Rice that Bin Laden was trying to launch attacks in the U.S. Bush very much deserves blame for letting 9/11 happen.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Richard Clark repeatedly tried to warn Bush and Condi Rice that Bin Laden was trying to launch attacks in the U.S. Bush very much deserves blame for letting 9/11 happen.
    And al-Qaeda attacked the U.S. overseas on multiple occasions during Bill Clinton's second term in office, despite our having a bin Laden Unit in the CIA. That wasn't all Clinton's fault. It's the same principle.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Not preventing 9/11, invading Iraq, poor response on Katrina, "executive privilege", Abu Graib and Gitmo, outing the CIA agent, and all of the cabinet and staff who left often criticizing the administration after they left. There have been a lot of serious mistakes made by this administration that have nothing to do with partisan viewpoints.
    I agree. It is not a partisan thing, it is a "cultural" thing, and not I am not talking about Texans. The "permanent campaign culture" that Maclellan had written about.

The "how is this going to look to our base?" mentality.

I am going to vote for the ticket that I believe will be the least ideological. The side that will approach problems form a pragmatic "What will work best?" mentality.

Which ticket that will be, I have yet to determine.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Abhaya View Post
    Amen, brother!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And al-Qaeda attacked the U.S. overseas on multiple occasions during Bill Clinton's second term in office, despite our having a bin Laden Unit in the CIA. That wasn't all Clinton's fault. It's the same principle.
    Three things:

1) A mistake is a mistake. Any mistakes made by Clinton in no way negate the mistakes made by Bush. I was listing mistakes made by the Bush administration and the 9/11 attacks are a huge one.

2) You can't really compare the Al-Qaeda attacks that happened during the Clinton administration to the 9/11 attacks. The attacks in the 90's were smaller in scale and in foreign territories. 9/11 happened within the US and was the largest terrorist attack in history.

3) You can't blame faulty intelligence, because Bush had all of the intelligence necessary to stop the attacks if he chose to pursue it. He simply ignored the intelligence. He did nothing. He had a document that said, "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the US", and he chose to ignore it. He made a gigantic blunder.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com