123 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Default OMG Benghazi Embassy!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...xy1qjo9du.jpg/

Just stop with the Benghazi stuff already.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

So... George Bush fucking up is supposed to make Obama's fuck ups seem better? I'm confused. What's the point of this thread?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Republicans are playing politics and making a mountain out of a mole hill. The point of the thread was mentioned.

"Just stop with the Benghazi stuff already."
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Okay... I wasn't aware that there was a major problem with "Benghazi stuff". Are you sure you're not making a mountain out of a mole hill?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Okay... I wasn't aware that there was a major problem with "Benghazi stuff". Are you sure you're not making a mountain out of a mole hill?
    This explains a lot. There was an attack on an American Embassy in Libya, specifically, Sept. 11, 2012. It has been the subject of much TV and print news coverage. When similar events occured during the Bush presidency, as noted in the graphic, there wasn't a single "outraged" Republican. Hence making a mountain out of a molehill.

Perhap there were outraged Republicans then, if so, maybe they kept mum for political reasons. Which begs the question, if they kept mum during the Bush years even though they were silently outraged. Which is more important to them, their principles or their politics? Hypocrisy is a word that comes to mind.

As for me, well, if I could make mountains I'd have to think about what I'd do with such powers before responding. As it is though, Republicans should pick another, more substantive subject to fight over.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    This explains a lot. There was an attack on an American Embassy in Libya, specifically, Sept. 11, 2012. It has been the subject of much TV and print news coverage. When similar events occured during the Bush presidencey, as noted in the graphic, there wasn't a single "outraged" Republican. Hence making a mountain out of a molehill.

Perhap there were outraged Republicans then, if so maybe they kept mum for political reasons. Which begs the question, if they kept mum during the Bush years even though they were silently outraged. Which is more important to them, their principles or their politics? Hypocrisy is a word that comes to mind.

As for me, well, if I could make mountains I'd have to think about what I'd do with such powers before responding. As it is though, Republicans should pick another, more substantive subject to fight over.
    Oh, I was well aware of the attack on the American embassy. I just didn't know that Republicans were still making a huge deal out of it.

It's just politics. The Democrats do it as well. They had a fit over Bush ordering troop surges, but were curiously silent when Obama did the same.

Partisanism is a cancer which is ruining our government, but it's hardly isolated to either of the two major parties or any particular event.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

4 Americans are dead. HOW is that NBD?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I just didn't know that Republicans were still making a huge deal out of it.
    Well I guess that would depend on how much you are attuned to the news cycle and what kinda people you speak with. As for me, well, I read a lot and discuss politics with a few coworkers. To answer your question though, yes, people are still discussing it, but more importantly, imo, is that they are giving it high value. Hence why I used the OMG in the title btw.

It's just politics. The Democrats do it as well. They had a fit over Bush ordering troop surges, but were curiously silent when Obama did the same.

Partisanism is a cancer which is ruining our government, but it's hardly isolated to either of the two major parties or any particular event.
    Agreed. This is what motivated me to create this post. If you're gonna make a big deal over something, fight over policy or values or something similar. On a side note, I think the Republicans are more effective at generating these types of media "storms" over purely political issues and they tend to last longer. Democrats do the same thing but my gut feeling is, they get over it and move on rather quickly. In the end I prefer a more substantive dialogue, in that regard I'm more of a policy wonk.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    4 Americans are dead. HOW is that NBD?
    Four people are dead, I try not to differentiate over nationality myself. I am American for the record. If by NBD you mean no big deal? Well, I did not use those words or acronym.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Four people are dead, I try not to differentiate over nationality myself. I am American for the record. If by NBD you mean no big deal? Well, I did not use those words or acronym.
    Being legalistic about it is being degrading to the 4 murdered souls.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'