User Tag List

First 4567 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny
    I'm sorry, but I just don't see why such a big deal is being made of this... I don't even know what the main point is anymore. (And before those who feel strongly about how important this whole thing is jump down my throat, I felt the same way, and articulated the same bewilderment, about many of the Bush-era "scandals"). I'll admit, I'm not the most informed person on this issue (I haven't paid attention to it in the last year), but from what I've recently read there doesn't seem to be anything to merit this sort of reaction.
    There are questions that have yet to be answered and we're a curious bunch. We want to know:

1) What was Ambassador Stevens doing there on 9/11? What was so important that the ambassador had to be there during the most dangerous time of the year? (might it have been an illegal gun smuggling operation to Syria?)

2) What was Obama doing during the 8 hours of the attack? We know he wasn't in the situation room and we know he was in the White House. Why doesn't Obama just tell us what he was doing?

3) Obama said he gave orders to send all available help to ambassador Stevens during the campaign. Can we see a copy of this order? Why wasn't help sent?

4) Obama and his underlings (Susan Rice) said the attack was a spontaneous reaction to a youtube video, a claim that was refuted by the Libyan prime minister immediately. The claim was also refuted by everyone on the ground. Why did Obama lie? (was it to cover up the illegal arms smuggling or was it to coverup the fact that al-qaeda hasn't been neutered as the administration had claimed?)

5) Why was ambassador Steven's request for more security ignored?

As always, the coverup is worse than the act and Benghazi is much worse than Watergate because no one died with Watergate.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Benghazi is much worse than Watergate because no one died with Watergate.
    Right, the political parties of those involved have nothing to do with your weighing of importance here. Using your reasoning, each drug-related murder is more important than Obamacare because people died.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus
    Right, the political parties of those involved have nothing to do with your weighing of importance here. Using your reasoning, each drug-related murder is more important than Obamacare because people died.
    If the president were involved in the drug-related murder and then covered it up, then yes, that would also be more serious than Watergate.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yep they'll seize on anything, kind of like a traffic jam in New Jersey.
    I thought that story died a long time ago.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    If the president were involved in the drug-related murder and then covered it up, then yes, that would also be more serious than Watergate.
    So people dying isn't the only criteria anymore? This is silly. You're creating this absurd set of criteria to justify elevating the importance of Benghazi.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

New documents recovered by judicial watch show two important facts.

1. Obama and Hillary received memos the day after the attack letting them know the attack had been planned for ten days and was not spontaneous.

2. There were weapons going from Benghazi to Syria.

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it obtained more than 100 pages of previously classified “Secret” documents from the Department of Defense (DOD)and the Department of State revealing that DOD almost immediately reported that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was committed by the al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood-linked “Brigades of the Captive Omar Abdul Rahman” (BCOAR), and had been planned at least 10 days in advance. Rahman is known as the Blind Sheikh, and is serving life in prison for his involvement in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and other terrorist acts. The new documents also provide the first official confirmation that shows the U.S. government was aware of arms shipments from Benghazi to Syria. The documents also include an August 2012 analysis warning of the rise of ISIS and the predicted failure of the Obama policy of regime change in Syria.

The documents were released in response to a court order in accordance with a May 15, 2014, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed against both the DOD and State Department seeking communications between the two agencies and congressional leaders “on matters related to the activities of any agency or department of the U.S. government at the Special Mission Compound and/or classified annex in Benghazi.”

Spelling and punctuation is duplicated in this release without corrections.

A Defense Department document from the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), dated September 12, 2012, the day after the Benghazi attack, details that the attack on the compound had been carefully planned by the BOCAR terrorist group “to kill as many Americans as possible.” The document was sent to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Obama White House National Security Council. The heavily redacted Defense Department “information report” says that the attack on the Benghazi facility “was planned and executed by The Brigades of the Captive Omar Abdul Rahman (BCOAR).” The group subscribes to “AQ ideologies:”

The attack was planned ten or more days prior on approximately 01 September 2012. The intention was to attack the consulate and to kill as many Americans as possible to seek revenge for U.S. killing of Aboyahiye ((ALALIBY)) in Pakistan and in memorial of the 11 September 2001 atacks on the World Trade Center buildings.
    Continued here:

JW: Obama Admin Knew About Benghazi Before It Happened
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Okay... I wasn't aware that there was a major problem with "Benghazi stuff". Are you sure you're not making a mountain out of a mole hill?
    I like Benghazi stuff. I'm set to purchase Benghazi baseball caps, Benghazi underthings, Benghazi towels and Benghazi party-snoozers.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

While I'm at it I may as well throw this in:

Clinton Friend’s Libya Role Blurs Lines of Politics and Business

When the Clintons last occupied the White House, Sidney Blumenthal cast himself in varied roles: speechwriter, in-house intellectual and press corps whisperer. Republicans added another, accusing Mr. Blumenthal of spreading gossip to discredit Republican investigators, and forced him to testify during President Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial.

Now, as Hillary Rodham Clinton embarks on her second presidential bid, Mr. Blumenthal’s service to the Clintons is once again under the spotlight. Representative Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, a Republican who is leading the congressional committee investigating the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, plans to subpoena Mr. Blumenthal, 66, for a private transcribed interview.

Mr. Gowdy’s chief interest, according to people briefed on the inquiry, is a series of memos that Mr. Blumenthal — who was not an employee of the State Department — wrote to Mrs. Clinton about events unfolding in Libya before and after the death of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi. According to emails obtained by The New York Times, Mrs. Clinton, who was secretary of state at the time, took Mr. Blumenthal’s advice seriously, forwarding his memos to senior diplomatic officials in Libya and Washington and at times asking them to respond. Mrs. Clinton continued to pass around his memos even after other senior diplomats concluded that Mr. Blumenthal’s assessments were often unreliable.

But an examination by The New York Times suggests that Mr. Blumenthal’s involvement was more wide-ranging and more complicated than previously known, embodying the blurry lines between business, politics and philanthropy that have enriched and vexed the Clintons and their inner circle for years.

While advising Mrs. Clinton on Libya, Mr. Blumenthal, who had been barred from a State Department job by aides to President Obama, was also employed by her family’s philanthropy, the Clinton Foundation, to help with research, “message guidance” and planning of commemorative events, according to foundation officials. During the same period, he also worked on and off as a paid consultant to Media Matters and American Bridge, organizations that helped lay the groundwork for Mrs. Clinton’s 2016 campaign.
    More here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/19/us...-business.html

Also see this:
    What Sidney Blumenthal’s Memos to Hillary Clinton Said, and How They Were Handled
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Surprise, surprise. I was right about the arms smuggling to Syria and I was right about Obama and Hillary lying about the youtube video as the cause of the attack. I agree with Rand Paul when he says Hillary's incompetence and lying about Benghazi pretty much precludes her from seeking higher office.

I'm not surprised that the mainstream media outlets aren't reporting on this; once again, they're covering up for their beloved donkeys, Obama and Hillary.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    This explains a lot. There was an attack on an American Embassy in Libya, specifically, Sept. 11, 2012. It has been the subject of much TV and print news coverage. When similar events occured during the Bush presidency, as noted in the graphic, there wasn't a single "outraged" Republican. Hence making a mountain out of a molehill.

Perhap there were outraged Republicans then, if so, maybe they kept mum for political reasons. Which begs the question, if they kept mum during the Bush years even though they were silently outraged. Which is more important to them, their principles or their politics? Hypocrisy is a word that comes to mind.

As for me, well, if I could make mountains I'd have to think about what I'd do with such powers before responding. As it is though, Republicans should pick another, more substantive subject to fight over.
    Mindless, to associate with either group clearly displays your lack of self confidence in this world. If you'd like to express yourself, allow me to step off your neck.