User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I find it scandalous that members of government would formulate a plan to lie to the American public about a tragic attack for political gain. I find it scandalous that they might have committed a felony in doing so by violating the Hatch Act. I find it scandalous that in attempting to coverup the coverup they might have broken the law again by lying under oath. I find it scandalous that those who may have lied under oath or were deceitful might have also been compensated or threatened to keep them from telling the truth. I find it scandalous that someone who did tell the truth might have been punished by his bosses for telling the truth.

Seriously, Nico, what's not scandalous about a coverup of a coverup?
    The whole NSA spying-on-Americans coverup is a trillion times more important than this bullshit. But people like you, who should know better, allow this nonsense to continue to get more attention than it deserves. We still don't know the whole truth about what the NSA has been doing, but BENGHAZI!!!!!!! [removed]
    Last edited by Ivy; 05-03-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: removed insult
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The whole NSA spying-on-Americans coverup is a trillion times more important than this bullshit. But people like you, who should know better, allow this nonsense to continue to get more attention than it deserves. We still don't know the whole truth about what the NSA has been doing, but BENGHAZI!!!!!!! [removed]
    Geeze, you're so emotional about this.

Well, yes, the Obama administration (in continuance of some bush policies) has provided a virtual buffet of scandals. Yes, the NSA scandal is waaaaaay more important.

I'm curious how you think this scandal actually does dammage to any efforts to take on the NSA. As far as I can tell the only real chance of reform of the NSA we have is contingent on Rand Paul getting elected. Benghazi hurts democrats and, more importantly, Clinton as long as the Republicans can come up with something damning and don't overplay their hand. That helps Rand and will help bring about reform of the NSA.

You can hate republicans all you want and I do cringe a bit myself at some of the self-righteous grandstanding during the oversight committee hearings, but they're on the same team as Rand and the Obama administration deserves every stone that's thrown at them.
    Last edited by Ivy; 05-03-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: removed quoted insult

Btw, I love how the liberal response is split between either calling it crazy conspiracy stuff or that it's just business as usual/Bush was worst.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The whole NSA spying-on-Americans coverup is a trillion times more important than this bullshit. But people like you, who should know better, allow this nonsense to continue to get more attention than it deserves. We still don't know the whole truth about what the NSA has been doing, but BENGHAZI!!!!!!!
    I am not going to involve myself in this discussion outside of this, because debating politics is just something that never goes over well. In all of my years, I have yet to see anyone change view/opinion on something when discussing it. If it does happen it happens much later out of view, and even then it's small and subtle. Everyone is so set in their ways, much more so for people who have the will to involve in debate.

That out of the way, I completely agree with this to the letter. The issues associated with the NSA is WAY, way way way way bigger of a deal than this. The implications of what goes on with the NSA is far broader, far reaching, then Bengazi (if that can even be called a scandal). It's making a mountain out of a molehill. Yes it's a bad situation, but it's absolutely pale in comparison to other stuff that has gone on. I take issue with how much attention it's getting and the priority order of it all. There's bigger fish to fry. Domestic issues are WAY more important to me than foregin issues anyway. If the domestic end isn't sorted out well, then the foregin side won't work well.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    That out of the way, I completely agree with this to the letter. The issues associated with the NSA is WAY, way way way way bigger of a deal than this.
    To my knowledge no one has died because the NSA has a boner for snooping on cell phones.

Ambassador Stevens is currently six feet under ground.

If at anytime in the future my main response to scandal X is to proclaim that scandal Z is a bigger deal then somebody please take me to the woodshed.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    To my knowledge no one has died because the NSA has a boner for snooping on cell phones.

Just when I think you can't possibly get any more unlikeable, you do.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Just when I think you can't possibly get any more unlikeable, you do.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Geeze, you're so emotional about this.

Well, yes, the Obama administration (in continuance of some bush policies) has provided a virtual buffet of scandals. Yes, the NSA scandal is waaaaaay more important.

I'm curious how you think this scandal actually does dammage to any efforts to take on the NSA. As far as I can tell the only real chance of reform of the NSA we have is contingent on Rand Paul getting elected. Benghazi hurts democrats and, more importantly, Clinton as long as the Republicans can come up with something damning and don't overplay their hand. That helps Rand and will help bring about reform of the NSA.

You can hate republicans all you want and I do cringe a bit myself at some of the self-righteous grandstanding during the oversight committee hearings, but they're on the same team as Rand and the Obama administration deserves every stone that's thrown at them.
    Nothing will happen with the NSA without public support because those in power don't want to change anything. If the public isn't reminded of the NSA treachery, they'll forget about it and nothing will be done. Time that should be spent discussing what to do with the NSA is instead wasted talking about Benghazi.

I don't care about Benghazi, at all. It's abundantly clear that the only reason Republicans care about it is because they think it has some sort of political value. Of the hundreds of potential criticisms of Obama, Republicans picked the stupidest one.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

So you disagree because we don't know of the NSA's spying leading to any deaths (yet)? Death totals is how you want to measure harm?