I'm watching the UK comic relief programming, its seven hours long from the early morning until late into the night and its a sort of BBC backed thing, there's two things I've observed:-

- There's very little laughs in the actual studio.
- They are depending upon cast and a crew of comics and celebrities which are not what I would consider that fresh, they are from a small and shrinking pool of talent.

There's nothing worse than when a comic doesnt get laughs and I just remember there being many more laughs associated with this in years gone by, this is a worthy cause which has been going from the eighties in which all things comic are exploited alongside film reels of avoidable suffering within the UK and developing world in order to raise money for charitable purposes.

The shrinking pool of talent is one thing, some of the comedians who tried to repeat past successes, like one who imitated Ben Elton's "Loads of Money" character, an obnoxious sort of Ayn Randian capitalist from Thatcher's Britain, provoked utter silence in the studio when his "compassion fatigue" rant act actually struck a cord instead of provoking laughs at its absurdity.

I'm aware that this is possible a UK phenomenon, I dont think its contingent or resulting from the recession and bankers crisis because previous comic reliefs have taken place during "hard times" too created by Thatcher and other free marketeers, but do you think that the nature of humour has changed? Is there less humour and less laughs in the world today?

This kind of concerns me because, as unlikely as it may appear to anyone who doesnt know me that well, I love to laugh, I feel that when you can find humour in difficult circumstances you win and that humour, can be and should be associated with happiness or at the very least hope or hope of happiness at some point in the future or happiness recalled.