User Tag List

Default Angry Video Game Nerd

I dont know if this is the correct place for this, there is a sense in which it is contemporary events, its not philosophy or spirituality, it could be some entertainment category.

Anyway, I was thinking about the Angry Video Game Nerd, he is an online personality who plays retro games, with the tag line in his title tune "he's going to take you back to the past, to play some shity games that suck ass", there's actually a lot of nostalgia involved despite the fact that the games are often awful and that the producers and publishers felt no need to produce anything much different or to recall bad product.

That said, there are some of the games, like Dick Tracy, that he criticises for having controls which are deficient or impossible, basically the game is badly written but during the video perhaps or after a cursory search online its revealed that the game operates different to what he's guessed. In the example of Dick Tracy he criticises that you can only shoot at certain angles while driving and this makes it impossible to fire at snipers, the main challenge in that part of the game. However you can shoot in many more directions if you just get out of the car, the limited angles of fire are to do with the fact that you're driving.

So I was wondering, is it that the games are shit, which is undoubtable in some of the examples he uses, badly coded etc. There are others that I think he's just not been a good gamer or figured out the operation of the game.

What do you think?

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont know if this is the correct place for this, there is a sense in which it is contemporary events, its not philosophy or spirituality, it could be some entertainment category.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...splay.php?f=28

your resident asshole

Meh. His show just exists for entertainment. I can't claim to know how much skill he has, but I will say that he insists on playing all games without emulators. If it were me, I would need save states.

With that being said, I found his most recent episode to be exceptionally bland. I have no idea what happened there.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Socionics
    ILI

I saw him address this in an FAQ or something once. He said he exaggerates the poorness of the controls for entertainment value. I doubt he's as bad as he acts like.