User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

That's cool, though I don't know how it's supposed to help with body image issues (not that it should have to, since they're...you know, LEGOs. But that's the claim.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    IEI

Wonder what El Rushbo has to say about this? I lost quite a bit of sleep last night myself trying to work out my position on it.

I’m not militantly opposed to some lego sets being pink, but it seems a bit condescending to say we have to make legos a “girl” color to get girls to play with them and/or have an “impact on how girls view themselves in terms of career and interests.” I’m not sure why making legos pink would suddenly spark an interest in girls who are already interested in building things. But apparently it doesn’t hurt the company’s profit margin, which is probably what this is really about more than anything.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Hey, I spent my childhood playing with lego. And not just lame girly stuff, I had this:

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by trancemode View Post
    Wonder what El Rushbo has to say about this? I lost quite a bit of sleep last night myself trying to work out my position on it.

I’m not militantly opposed to some lego sets being pink, but it seems a bit condescending to say we have to make legos a “girl” color to get girls to play with them and/or have an “impact on how girls view themselves in terms of career and interests.” I’m not sure why making legos pink would suddenly spark an interest in girls who are already interested in building things. But apparently it doesn’t hurt the company’s profit margin, which is probably what this is really about more than anything.
    Yeah, so that the mommies and daddies that have already been buying them pink princess shit can convince them that LEGOs are interesting too, and then they won't feel so much like they indoctrinated their kid to be a future housewife.

I was gender non-conforming (more like gender-reactionary) as a child, and I would have violently rejected anything pink, even if they were LEGOs. So it's more for those already socialized into liking girlypinkdom...so that those girls have a counterpoint to princess/baking/homemaking/sexy barbie. Basically so that they can feel like LEGOs are girly, too, instead of neutral or "for boys."

And yes, so that the girlypinkdom girls will buy their shit. They want in that Bratz market!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

so if the future needs more women in stem fields and perhaps many will be extjs and they will rape the intjs for babies then the human race is going to evolve into some boring asceticism or something. lame
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

My son was a LEGO idiot, my grandson is a LEGO idiot...and now my son's girlfriend's girls are crazy about the girly LEGOs. I think it's great.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I wasn't aware that LEGOs were a toy for boys. I'm saddened to hear this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

More likely, the pink was to attract gender dichotomy embracing adults who would buy these gifts for their daughters, now that they're pink.

Loved legos all my life and when my son came along, played enthusiastically with him too. We built many structures together, times the two of us will always remember warmly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It never occurred to me that Legos weren't for girls. I've always loved playing with all kinds of blocks/building toys. Even in the seventies, I had wooden blocks, Tinker Toys, and Lincoln Logs to play with. I didn't think they were for boys anymore than the Light-Bright, Play-doh, Silly Putty, or Spirograph were. Of course, I also had cap guns. I've never wondered until now whether this was abnormal. I played with mud and dirt and toads and climbed trees and rummaged through dumpsters and never so much as considered myself a tomboy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, so that the mommies and daddies that have already been buying them pink princess shit can convince them that LEGOs are interesting too, and then they won't feel so much like they indoctrinated their kid to be a future housewife.

I was gender non-conforming (more like gender-reactionary) as a child, and I would have violently rejected anything pink, even if they were LEGOs. So it's more for those already socialized into liking girlypinkdom...so that those girls have a counterpoint to princess/baking/homemaking/sexy barbie. Basically so that they can feel like LEGOs are girly, too, instead of neutral or "for boys."

And yes, so that the girlypinkdom girls will buy their shit. They want in that Bratz market!
    I don't want to argue Rachel Ray's type again, but just to let you know, her own description of your childhood sounds something like what you're saying. She liked Erector sets, and I think otherwise wasn't into girlish stuff. (Recall, I believe she's the same type you're wearing now, and all the "gurlishness" and "Fe" we see today is really from just a strong tertiary).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas