User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Thoughts?.
    Seems a dumb move.

Sniffles

Wrestling was voted out from a final group that also included modern pentathlon, taekwondo and field hockey...
    Not cool.

MBTI
    INTP

Why bother with Olympic sports to the Olympics when we can have horse dancing, baseball, and dart throwing?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I don't think shooting and archery should be there over wrestling. There skilled activities but not really athletic. It bum me out that wrestling is out. It's traditional and cool because it's just two human bodies clmpeting

MBTI
    INTP

Bizarre. Wrestling wasn't just in the original modern Olympic Games, it was in the original Greek Olympic games. Much as I like the concept of modern pentathlon, it must lead a charmed life (i.e., somebody in high places must like it) because that sport is as obscure and unpopular as it gets.

The elimination of wrestling particularly screws Southwest Asian nations. Azerbaijan won 7(!) wrestling medals in 2012; Iran and Georgia each won 6; Uzbekistan and Armenia also won medals.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Bizarre. Wrestling wasn't just in the original modern Olympic Games, it was in the original Greek Olympic games. Much as I like the concept of modern pentathlon, it must lead a charmed life (i.e., somebody in high places must like it) because that sport is as obscure and unpopular as it gets.

The elimination of wrestling particularly screws Southwest Asian nations. Azerbaijan won 7(!) wrestling medals in 2012; Iran and Georgia each won 6; Uzbekistan and Armenia also won medals.
    The pentathlon was created by the founder of the modern Olympics so it is there for reasons of tradition.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why is there a limit as to the number of sports that can be in the olympics? Why can't they keep wrestling and add new sports? I'm not a big wrestling fan but saddened that a long standing sport is suddenly dropped.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Did any of you watch the wrestling last summer? It was kind of a joke, and mostly because they can't seem to get the judging in order. Just like with the boxing.

Not that it's fair to those athletes, but international panels of judges seems not to be a functional method of fairly and objectively determining winners and losers.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Not cool.
    I agree, the taekwondo is a joke anyway.

Although I do see it as a ditching of a greco-roman "western" sport too.