User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

  1. #1
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default Meteorite or Alien Missile Strike????

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-injured.html


    There's plenty of images and video of the incident popping up. The article mentions an unconfirmed report that the object was intercepted by Russian air defense. It also says the object was moving at 54,000 kph, which makes me wonder if the report of interception was accurate, or if that means a Russian fighter jet was flying around and happened to get in the way of the meteor as it fell. No casualties reported at this point, but various sources say 50 to 1000 people were injured. The sonic boom apparently knocked out the mobile network. Now all we need is a huge solar storm to fry our electronics and a few asteroids to blow up some satellites and we can go back to living in the 1970s - Disco.

    There's also an asteroid that's going to pass us by around 2:15 PM EST, supposedly with real-time images.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  2. #2
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default





    Volume-warning: Hot

  3. #3
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    I don't know why, but this makes me hard:


    Power-boner.

  4. #4
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #5
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    also, there are usually small rocks orbiting large asteroids like the da14, the one that hit the russia was most likely one of those which wer on the orbit of the da14, but got out of it due to earths gravity pulling it harder than da14(and if it goes around it fast, it would naturally have a hard time continuing the orbit when close to earth because it would move towards earths gravity and then have to move away from it)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #6
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    also, there are usually small rocks orbiting large asteroids like the da14, the one that hit the russia was most likely one of those which wer on the orbit of the da14, but got out of it due to earths gravity pulling it harder than da14(and if it goes around it fast, it would naturally have a hard time continuing the orbit when close to earth because it would move towards earths gravity and then have to move away from it)
    No it wasn't.

  7. #7
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    No it wasn't.
    the probability of it not being is so small that its ridiculous to claim that it wasnt
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #8
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    the probability of it not being is so small that its ridiculous to claim that it wasnt
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The impact in Russia took place 16 hours before DA14 was at its closest to Earth. Considering the speed of both objects, a time difference of 16 hours makes for quite a distance between the two, so there is absolutely no way it could have been a satellite of DA14. It was in a completely different orbit from DA14.

  9. #9
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. The impact in Russia took place 16 hours before DA14 was at its closest to Earth. Considering the speed of both objects, a time difference of 16 hours makes for quite a distance between the two, so there is absolutely no way it could have been a satellite of DA14. It was in a completely different orbit from DA14.
    if it were a satellite of da14 it would had been closer to da14 than our moon is to earth and based on trajectory its impossible to say whether it was a satellite of da14 or not. if you dont have anything to prove your point, i dont really see any point of taking what you say seriously
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Interest in the MBTI is a Sign of Alienation or Self-Estrangement
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 05:31 PM
  2. Could you convince an alien or computer to believe what you believe?
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 10:56 PM
  3. The impossibility of conceiving or imagining something totally alien
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
  4. Werewolf or Vampire?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
  5. Man claims aliens targeted his home with meteorites
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO