User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

  1. #1
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Google or Facebook

    Fast forward 25 years. Will the internet be Google or Facebook.

    thinking of you

  2. #2
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Yes

  3. #3
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Fast forward 25 years. Will the internet be Google or Facebook.
    Are you referring to Google+? If not, I'm confused.

  4. #4
    redundant descriptor netzealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Google.

    The progress of information technology always favors the pattern of globalization. Facebook is big, but so was AOL... and why is AOL not around anymore? Once DSL became common, more of the typical desktop user's experience was globalized (which is a fancy way of saying they spent more time on the internet than playing solitaire) and the AOL platform was left in the dust.

    Think of it this way... Facebook is a critical part of internet socialization and profiling, but it is not critical to using the internet itself. You're here aren't you? Now tell me, how'd you find this place... Google or Facebook?

  5. #5
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,963

    Default

    the internet is a fad

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Google. If their investments in space exploration and asteroid mining bear fruit Google won't just dominate the planet, it could start to dominate the entire Solar System and beyond. Google with its Googol colonies. Perhaps the residents of neigbouring space colonies will use Facebook, but then what if they use Twitter? Facebook has its Cathage but Google is the unchallenged empire.

  7. #7
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,906

    Default

    Apples and oranges.

    I think Facebook will be around for a very long time though

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  8. #8
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    Google.

    The progress of information technology always favors the pattern of globalization. Facebook is big, but so was AOL... and why is AOL not around anymore? Once DSL became common, more of the typical desktop user's experience was globalized (which is a fancy way of saying they spent more time on the internet than playing solitaire) and the AOL platform was left in the dust.

    Think of it this way... Facebook is a critical part of internet socialization and profiling, but it is not critical to using the internet itself. You're here aren't you? Now tell me, how'd you find this place... Google or Facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Apples and oranges.

    I think Facebook will be around for a very long time though
    This is why I was wondering if @sleuthiness meant to type Google+ instead of Google.

    Google and Facebook are not comparable, but Google+ and Facebook certainly are.

  9. #9
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Google, obvi

  10. #10
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Amazon.

Similar Threads

  1. This tool infers personality type from your writing or Facebook profile
    By baccheion in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 11:21 AM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 12:31 AM
  3. which is better iyo google drive or drop box?
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 08:19 PM
  4. Werewolf or Vampire?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
  5. Facebook or Twitter?
    By Tigerlily in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO