User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    hmm, who said you would loose that relationship? who said you wouldn't be able to customize aspects of the AI, download various driving apps to it, give it a bit of personality, tweak with it's software and hardware? it'd be less like a 'thing' and more like an artificial horse.
    You're serious, aren't you?

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're serious, aren't you?
    i'd be shocked if this comes out without a DIY hack culture following through (whether it would be legal or not is a different matter, it would still happen).

Society

also, ^ this sent me on a googling spree:

a low-end (cheaper) self-driving car: the car only knows how to drive over routes you frequent, so you literally need to train it, and it barks at you for help if its not sure about what to do.

i'd be shocked if this comes out without a DIY hack culture following through (whether it would be legal or not is a different matter, it would still happen).
    That's all fine, I guess, but I'm not talking about relating to things in a "tinkerer" kind of way. I'm talking about performance. The act of driving itself. And while this isn't always conscious, sensing the whole vehicle through one's hands on a steering wheel, or the seating, the inertia at different speeds and turns, etc.. I trust myself to diagnose things easier this way than sitting back and monitoring "apps". To bring this back to typology again, Se is more about one's relation to an emerging experience. You have a game of thrones avatar - so I'll use an example from there. The dancer - the sword instructor - teaching arya stark to become one with the sword, like another limb. That's the same kind of sensory trust I'm talking about.

Society

That's all fine, I guess, but I'm not talking about relating to things in a "tinkerer" kind of way. I'm talking about performance. The act of driving itself. And while this isn't always conscious, sensing the whole vehicle through one's hands on a steering wheel, or the seating, the inertia at different speeds and turns, etc.. I trust myself to diagnose things easier this way than through "apps" or something. To bring this back to typology again, Se is more about one's relation to an emerging experience. You have a game of thrones avatar - so I'll use an example from there. The dancer - the sword instructor - teaching arya stark to become one with the sword, like another limb. That's the same kind of sensory trust I'm talking about.
    o i get what you are saying, and i can see the relationship with Se. i was just throwing out there alternatives to see if they stick.

i suppose the main question is whether that connection is something you just really enjoy, and thus anything else can provide you with an outlet for it (like bike riding), or whether its something you seek with all objects around you.

the reason i find it interesting is because outside the realm of these sort of forums, SPs are the largest of the MBTI minorities, and hold considerable market power. the extent to which its safe to extrapolate this to an Se trait can be very influencing on the market reaction.

o i get what you are saying, and i can see the relationship with Se. i was just throwing out there alternatives to see if they stick.

i suppose the main question is whether that connection is something you just really enjoy, and thus anything else can provide you with an outlet for it (like bike riding), or whether its something you seek with all objects around you.

the reason i find it interesting is because outside the realm of these sort of forums, SPs are the largest of the MBTI minorities, and hold considerable market power. the extent to which its safe to extrapolate this to an Se trait can be very influencing on the market reaction.
    Yeah, I relate this way in general. For example, I've been playing guitars for over 20 years, but I don't know much of anything from a theoretical point of view. I relate to it more with touch, chord shapes, riff patterns, etc.. I wouldn't have as much fun playing a synthesizer that could replicate guitar sounds reliably, and was advanced enough to connect to my brain. Part of the fun is having the instrument in my hand.

Society

Yeah, I relate this way in general. For example, I've been playing guitars for over 20 years, but I don't know much of anything from a theoretical point of view. I relate to it more with touch, chord shapes, riff patterns, etc.. I wouldn't have as much fun playing a synthesizer that could replicate guitar sounds reliably, and was advanced enough to connect to my brain. Part of the fun is having the instrument in my hand.
    right, so in that context, i am asking if going from point A to point B has to be fun in that way - why not play the guitar while being driven?

MBTI
    ISTP

We already have this feature called cruise control so I don't know why everyone freaks out.

I think its a good idea and it has been proven to work well even without any infrastructure to support it. It should function like cruise control where any driver input will disable it, at least for the first few decades of use until it's proven failproof.

It's kind of like riding the bus... you get on and are allowed to zone out and do something else until you're there, except it eliminates things like bus stops/schedules/transfers, going out of the way to your destination, and missing your stop. Seems pretty great to me.

The only thing is that like GPS replaced people's ability to read without it, peoples' ability to drive may suffer from attrition and without a GPS coordinate for EVERYTHING you might find yourself unable to get somewhere if it's not in the system despite knowing where it is.

right, so in that context, i am asking if going from point A to point B has to be fun in that way - why not play the guitar while being driven?
    "Fun" or "enjoyable" is not sought in the abstract. It's always going to be attached to an activity. And every activity worth doing has is to be appreciated on it's own terms. One can drive or play an instrument at different times. I don't need to choose one or the other.

But don't emphasize "fun" too much. I know I used that word a couple of times, but I'm trying to communicate something a lot more mundane. I've tried to explain that already. Your need to suggest "alternatives" is almost like you wanting me to adopt some other "existential paradigm" or some shit. I know Ne doms have a lot of fans when they talk about new ways of looking at the world and all that, but it's annoying sometimes. I'm simply here to explain my way of interacting, not to listen to new "alternatives".