User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

this tech is coming. It will be perfected and become common, if not ubiquitous.
    As far as big brother tracking where you are, etc, if you own a smart phone, it's already happening. everything you type here or anywhere is now part of the infostream. there is no escape, and the net will only get tighter with cameras everywhere, drones, GPS in everything. Privacy is becoming a thing of the past. Cars that drive themselves are a small detail of all that. We already have devices that tell your insurer where you are and how fast you drive, so they can perfect your rate. I imagine a day when health insurance will go up after a heavy night of drinking, down with a yoga class, up if you tend to excrete too much cortisol in certain situations, all driven by metric technology embeded in your body or clothes...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont understand what you're asking.
    Could you rephrase your question

thinking of you

I like to be in control of things, so no. Hell, I'm picky about things I can control as well. If I buy a bike, for example, I still don't like designs that take up the slack in some areas, and compensate with fancy shocks or some shit (pretty much why I don't like mountain bikes. I don't have a sense of direct control in landing). Part of the fun of cars is merging with the vehicle and the road. It might sound like i'm trying too hard to be an SP stereotype, but I've always been this way.

Contrary to some "sensor" stereotypes btw, I don't even like rollercoasters, for the same reason.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I like to be in control of things, so no. Hell, I'm picky about things I can control as well. If I buy a bike, for example, I still don't like designs that take up the slack in some areas, and compensate with fancy shocks or some shit (pretty much why I don't like mountain bikes. I don't have a sense of direct control in landing). Part of the fun of cars is merging with the vehicle and the road. It might sound like i'm trying too hard to be an SP stereotype, but I've always been this way.

Contrary to some "sensor" stereotypes btw, I don't even like rollercoasters, for the same reason.

This. ^

(except I'm not SP, & I love rollercoasters /closet adrenaline junkie)

I love the act of just driving. Even heavy traffic never bugs me. It's relaxing; my muscle memory kicks in, and my brain just goes everywhere else. Freedom.

No stupid robot car is taking that away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    this tech is coming. It will be perfected and become common, if not ubiquitous.
    As far as big brother tracking where you are, etc, if you own a smart phone, it's already happening. everything you type here or anywhere is now part of the infostream. there is no escape, and the net will only get tighter with cameras everywhere, drones, GPS in everything. Privacy is becoming a thing of the past. Cars that drive themselves are a small detail of all that. We already have devices that tell your insurer where you are and how fast you drive, so they can perfect your rate. I imagine a day when health insurance will go up after a heavy night of drinking, down with a yoga class, up if you tend to excrete too much cortisol in certain situations, all driven by metric technology embeded in your body or clothes...
    & This. ^

RESIST!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    (except I'm not SP, & I love rollercoasters /closet adrenaline junkie).

Well, if I could drive the rollercoaster, that'd be different. I don't understand anyone who'd want to be the passenger though. When I was younger, I had some masochistic friends who begged for crazy rides in my car. There's few people I'd return the same trust to.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Well, if I could drive the rollercoaster, that'd be different. I don't understand anyone who'd want to be the passenger. When I was younger, I had some masochistic friends who begged for it.
    I guess part of the thrill is allowing that lack of control to take place, assuming it's safe, & there are no freak malfunctions.

That said, the older I get, the more I hate being a passenger in anyone else's car. 99% of the time I'm ever in a car, I'm the one driving it, so, when I'm not, it's like a limb's been severed. Feels too foreign.

:: edit ::
    Rollercoasters could be taken to terrifying new heights if they were driven/operated by ISTPs.
    Someone should focus on making this possible.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Society

you know, i used to like driving. but after a few years of going by public-transport, knowing i can get out my mobile (with unlimited data) and rout it to my laptop, or at the very least read a book... the act of driving has become time i am less free to do what i want. as far as the thrill & enjoyment of driving, it doesn't quite match with media that is actually designed for thrill & enjoyment that i can enjoy while something else is doing the driving.

practically speaking, the habit of driving is perhaps one of the most stupid endeavors we have taken as a society - just look at the death toll.

we have the false sense of security that we're in control, but its just like cars vs. airplanes, people are more afraid of the later despite the much smaller death toll. realistically speaking, you're chances of dying because someone took over your car and decided to drive it off a cliff are a lot slimmer then you're chances of dying because you or someone screwed up and you ended up over a cliff.

and while some might not want to give up their own driving, i would much rather have a computer specialized for it driving me then a stranger who might just had a fight with his spouse or got low blood sugar or didn't sleep well last night.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I honestly cannot wait for this tech. I hate driving, was forced to learn by my parents, and dont own a car now. And its a perfect solution for the traffic jams. In time, people won't only have an automated car, but carpooling will probably be infinitely easier with a type of taxi system in minivans or something, reducing the amount of traffic on the road significantly. Granted, this generation will still prefer their own vehicle so there will be a transition period, much like with computers and ipads and facebook now. But eventually, there wont be a need Id wager for having your own car, as you can just order one to take you anywhere.

I have always enjoyed being a passenger...as long as I trust the driver and know what their style is like. There are people I feel incredibly uncomfortable with (usually the same ones that get me car sick so that might have something to do with it )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you know, i used to like driving. but after a few years of going by public-transport, knowing i can get out my mobile (with unlimited data) and rout it to my laptop, or at the very least read a book... the act of driving has become time i am less free to do what i want. as far as the thrill & enjoyment of driving, it doesn't quite match with media that is actually designed for thrill & enjoyment that i can enjoy while something else is doing the driving.
    I'm not talking about thrill necessarily. I'm talking about trust and physical connection. If it was just thrill, that'd be different. Like I said, it's the same sense of control I'd get out of riding a bmx bike vs a mountain bike (most mountain bikes at least). I feel a little powerless and out of control on landings with some mountain bikes. The priority is on the bike's design, instead of the rider. There's a awkward to me. I'm better off manually mitigating the shock of a landing, by how I pull back in the air, how level I am when I hit the ground, what my seating and standing options are at the moment, etc.. This isn't about a false of sense of security. It's having a physical relationship to things. It may be that a Ne dom wouldn't understand what I'm referring to.

Society

I'm not talking about thrill necessarily. I'm talking about trust and physical connection. If it was just thrill, that'd be different. Like I said, it's the same sense of control I'd get out of riding a bmx bike vs a mountain bike (most mountain bikes at least). I feel a little powerless and out of control on landings with some mountain bikes. The priority is on the bike's design, instead of the rider. There's a awkward to me. I'm better off manually mitigating the shock of a landing, by how I pull back in the air, how level I am when I hit the ground, what my seating and standing options are at the moment, etc.. This isn't about a false of sense of security. It's having a physical relationship to things. It may be that a Ne dom wouldn't understand what I'm referring to.
    hmm, who said you would loose that relationship? who said you wouldn't be able to customize aspects of the AI, download various driving apps to it, give it a bit of personality, tweak with it's software and hardware? it'd be less like a 'thing' and more like an artificial horse.