User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Time we enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's why I'm pulling back.
    I want to get some projects done and need to focus.

It's just hard for me during the day, because I tend to be bored at work, so I'm skimming forums for something to do.

Speaking about you, and considering the general insightfulness of your posts, the value of your time spend on that board is close to zero.

After 33000 messages, that would makes me mad, but you are an INTP, so I guess wasting your time saying bullshit is your nature and that makes you happy..
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Speaking about you, and considering the general insightfulness of your posts, the value of your time spend on that board is close to zero.

After 33000 messages, that would makes me mad, but you are an INTP, so I guess wasting your time saying bullshit is your nature and that makes you happy..
    It's okay, the feeling is quite mutual... except I actually spent the first few years here explaining my ideas in great detail, so people could discuss them with me -- something you don't bother doing... and I earned a lot more respect from people here than you ever will. your comments are laughable.

You've been on Ignore on my account for some months now. Please don't Quote me again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Time is money. Time spent not making money is money lost. Time spent on forums is costing me money. Lack of money means I can't pay for girls, alcohol, and visits to club Vinyl. Therefore forums are a waste of time and money except when its answering my questions.

Our Hot Buttons

But what is the return on investment?

The return is to learn what our hot buttons are.

This is invaluable, otherwise our hot buttons may catch us unaware, and lead us into trouble.

But knowing what our hot buttons are, we can inhibit our response, and remain reasonable and safe.

And the mensch can explore their hot buttons in depth and come to a greater understanding of themselves, and so reap an even greater return on investment.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the mensch can explore their hot buttons in depth and come to a greater understanding of themselves, and so reap an even greater return on investment.
    What actual value would there be in trying to 'get under someone's skin' @Victor?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't have many intellectually stimulating conversations irl, and this forum helps me fulfilling this need.

As long as you don't get addicted, I'd say it's an overall good time investment.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What actual value would there be in trying to 'get under someone's skin' @Victor?
    There is no value in trying to get under someone's skin, rather the value lies in our response.

We are all challenged when someone gets under our skin to inhibit our natural response and reflect on its nature.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'd say I learned a lot especially during my first couple of years here, but I also spent a little too much time here. Now it is more balanced, as a lot of thread topics are cyclical and I don't feel the same need to respond. I still find certain threads are still very worthwhile to me, the forum is useful for accessing a form of social interaction not readily available in my community and I've made some friends here that I value. I also really like having a wide pool of expertise available in a way that I can't otherwise access all in one place.

I think a place like this is problematic if it is used as an escape from or substitute for real life, or if it starts taking up a disproportionate amount of time compared to other activities. I think if is keeping you from real life obligations or causing you to become a porer spouse, parent or employee, then the amount of time spent needs some review. Overall though I am not sorry for the time I've spent here.