User Tag List

12 Last

The Demography of Arabia

Demography is the only social science with reliable and valid predictions.

And demography predicts that the arab population will fall as soon as the teen population bulge is passed.

And the arab population will fall because arab women are not marrying and having children.

And the rate at which arab women are not marrying is considerably higher than the rate at which european women are not marrying.

This is a surprise as we have thought of large extended arab families, but this is coming to an end.

And soon enough, arab states will be left with an ageing population, but not prosperous enough to support them.

There isn't much holding the region up, even if the demographics were alright. The global economy makes places like this thrive. The land itself is barren. There's little to support anyone, outside of oil. And much of that isn't supporting anyone there, except in a "trickle down" fashion (Kuwait's an exception).

IIRC the entire region tripled in population since the 1970s. The Middle East didn't just build its house upon the sand but foreign oil money too. If the population didn't age and shrink it would collapse due to overpopulation when foreign interest dries up due to declining oil production.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Victor why do you use the royal "we" when posting? Who are the "we"?

Anyway, I've heard this, also heard about the possible damage that the one child policy has done to the Chinese in terms of ability to reproduce the entire population again.

Although ethnic arabs, asians, indians etc. are among the fastest growing populations or at least stable populations within multicultural western or northern hemisphere, first world nations.

There's similar panics in the UK about that, and consequent fragmentation of society, as the clash of civilisations books generated by concern about mexican illegals generated in the US.

The Tribal 'We'

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Victor why do you use the royal "we" when posting? Who are the "we"?
    We know that those who use 'I' a lot have a weak sense of self.

And we know that those who use 'I' are in the thrall of print and see themselves as literate individuals, as 'I's.

So all those individual 'I's keep saying, "I'm an individual, I'm an indivual", and if all are individuals, none are individuals.

Fortunately we are passing from the Age of Print to the Age of Electronics where we live in an electric tribe, like Central, in the global village.

And the hallmark of any tribe is 'we'.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

And we know that those who use 'I' are in the thrall of print and see themselves as literate individuals, as 'I's.

So all those individual 'I's keep saying, "I'm an individual, I'm an indivual", and if all are individuals, none are individuals.

Fortunately we are passing from the Age of Print to the Age of Electronics where we live in an electric tribe like Central in the global village.

You just made that up.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You just made that up.
    What! What's this? A challenge by a literate individual challenging the tribal mind of 'we' of Typology Central?

Of course 'we' are a terrible threat to your 'I' which you must resist at all costs. Your resistance strengthens your 'I' but at the expense of sacrificing your tribal place in Typology Central.

But worse, the 'I' has a visceral reaction against anything that is 'made up', while creativity and 'making things up' is the very content of the electric media in the global village.

May I be so bold as to suggest you take a formal course in tribal relating in the global village. You could do worse than follow me into an Encounter Group where your 'I' will become attenuated and your 'we' will come to full flower in the electronic tribe of Central in the global village.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Fortunately we are passing from the Age of Print to the Age of Electronics where we live in an electric tribe, like Central, in the global village.

Really? I dont think you are right.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You just made that up.
    Yup. Happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Really? I dont think you are right.
    We are not trying to be right or wrong, rather we are sending out probes to explore what is there.