Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Beats me. You're the ENTP apparently. Maybe you can come up with something yourself.

I'll say this.. Institutional competition has not worked. The reformation never reformed anything, and just went on it's own.

Science hasn't.

Direct assassination attempts haven't.

Not even provocative popstars who take names like Madonna, and tried to redefine that for themselves.

edit: Someone just told me her real name is Madonna (I thought it was Donna). My bad.
    Yeah her real name is Madonna. She's the daughter of Italian Catholics. Her daughter's name is Lourdes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yeah her real name is Madonna. She's the daughter of Italian Catholics. Her daughter's name is Lourdes.
    (for the record the name "Madonna" for a girl is really never used in Italy...it'd be kind of blasphemous)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    (for the record the name "Madonna" for a girl is really never used in Italy...it'd be kind of blasphemous)
    Her mother was French Canadian, but her father was the son of Italian immigrants, and she was raised Catholic.

Her mother's name was also Madonna.

I would say maybe it's akin to Mexicans naming their sons Jesus but in other cultures it would be considered blasphemous, even though some Mexicans are extremely religious Catholics.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh come now, the pedophilia scandals are something of a collectively-Enneagram 9-ish-bent-of-also-Catholic-Enneagram-Phobic-6s-being in 9-ish denial or something.

"Pedophilia" isn't the apex of Catholicism, or anything like it, it's just that it's recently been revealed to be a horrific side effect to certain individuals taking vows of celibacy.

Catholics, in terms of American Christians, tend to be amongst some of the most highly educated as well as fiscally liberal. They actually know what the Bible says and actually do give to the poor.
    I have no idea what the highlighted expressions are supposed to mean. Pedophilia in the Catholic Church seems self-explanatory. Generosity to the poor does not excuse cruelty to children, especially when the first is being done by the laity and the second by the "leadership". I'm not surprised at your comments about American Catholics. Americans tend to value transparency, independence, acceptance, and grass-roots action, moreso than the homelands of the church's traditional leaders.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Americans tend to value transparency, independence, acceptance, and grass-roots action, moreso than the homelands of the church's traditional leaders.
    Perhaps you should tell this to, "The Italian Confederation of Cooperatives", based on the Encyclical letter, "Rerum Novarum" (New Things) issued by Pope Leone XIII in 1891.

The Italian Worker Cooperative Movement is famous among Labour circles. But not in America.

Is this because you are Protestant Capitalists who have two Parties of Business but not even one Party of Labour?