Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Is the Falklands Catholic?

Is the Falklands Argentinian?

It the Pope Catholic?

And is the Pope Argentinian?
    The world is Catholic Victor.

Edit: Correction, the whole of the cosmos and pretty much all of damn creation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The world is Catholic Victor.

Edit: Correction, the whole of the cosmos and pretty much all of damn creation is.
    It's true the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is catholic, as catholic means universal.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It's true the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is catholic, as catholic means universal.
    Jesus loves you man.

(complete the meme)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

yeah, it's really cool and all that he's a blatant homophobe, incredibly sexist and supported a dictatorship...

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    New Pope is awesome and kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    yeah, it's really cool and all that he's a blatant homophobe, incredibly sexist and supported a dictatorship...
    On the other hand, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, now Francis I, did not support the Communist takeover of Argentina, and so avoided the horror brought to so many other Communist countries.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

precisely, did not support. thanks for helping me.
    On the other hand, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, now Francis I, did not support the Communist takeover of Argentina, and so avoided the horror brought to so many other Communist countries.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't forget. That's exactly what it means. One can be conservative in many ways: personally, aesthetically, socially, etc. The Catholic Church has long been far too socially conservative and aesthetically reckless, and we just have to look at all the pedophilia scandals for examples of personal behavior.
    Oh come now, the pedophilia scandals are something of a collectively-Enneagram 9-ish-bent-of-also-Catholic-Enneagram-Phobic-6s-being in 9-ish denial or something.

"Pedophilia" isn't the apex of Catholicism, or anything like it, it's just that it's recently been revealed to be a horrific side effect to certain individuals taking vows of celibacy.

Catholics, in terms of American Christians, tend to be amongst some of the most highly educated as well as fiscally liberal. They actually know what the Bible says and actually do give to the poor.

As much hilarity as I may garner from the Pope table at Buca di Beppo, I can't bash Catholics, it's really unfair to do so.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Is the Falklands Catholic?

Is the Falklands Argentinian?

It the Pope Catholic?

And is the Pope Argentinian?
    My eldest Argentinian friend is a relative of some ancient pope. Same last name and all.

Lots of Argentines are Italian and Catholic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

@KDude:

On women's rights, when woman President Cristina Kirchner was running for office:
    BFTxYPSCYAAdrCq.jpg

"Women are naturally inept at holding political positions. The natural order and the facts show us that man is the being for politics by excellence; the Scriptures show us that the woman is always the support of the thoughtful man and and doer, but nothing more than that".
    http://elventano.blogspot.com/2013/0...jeres-son.html

Backing up a brutal dictatorship (1976-1983), including covering up the theft of children (Plaza de Mayo) and handing hidden political prisioners to the authorities
    http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/03/...dirty-war.html
    http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/03/...rge-mario.html
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...399_story.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...a-military-era
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2870251.html

When Argentina had gay marriage:
    "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."
    To which Argentina's President, a woman, called Cristina de Kirchner, said suggested “medieval times and the Inquisition.”

Strongly against abortion, including rape cases, saying it is a "culture of death", and strongly opposed the President's plan to distribute free contraceptives.
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/as-...-in-rape-cases
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/13/wo...ion/index.html
    http://theconversation.edu.au/pope-f...rgentina-12827

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    To me, the pope represents the ecclesiastical and religious antithesis of spirituality.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

Matthew 7:15-23
    I always thought false prophets were those people who say Jesus was a Capitalist.

It's pretty much anyone who is religious only for show, or who grossly misinterprets and twists the Bible to self-serving ends, and I cannot confirm that all popes are religious just for show.

There is a disturbingly Puritanical vein in the U.S. that rejects art, architecture, and beauty as being a manifestation of God. I feel that a lot of hostility toward Catholics is some kind of aesthetic disagreement (and it was ironically one of the first things I adored about them in my younger and completely illogical days, until I became an adult and realized they also have better schools and are more likely to vote Democrat).

I don't see how popes (collectively) are any worse than some of the evangelical tv preachers.